+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open permit

sweetty

Mar 23, 2014
anyone please help me because i was confused if im going to apply open permit for my husband. i am a live in caregiver and now holding open permit. i got married here in canada and my husband was included in my pr application. my husband is not under skilled worker but his profession is skilled but unfortunately his job now is not skilled. my question is can i apply open permit for him since our pr is on process for almost one year and i was holding open permit too.or shall we wait for our pr. please advised. because some says i can but some says i cannot. thank you...

Carebear0329

Oct 9, 2016
Hi I have almost the same problem, I'm about to marry here in Canada and my application is in process as a live-incaregiver. I'm planning to include my husband in my application. I mean update.. did you get an open work permit for your husband? Or he have to go back home to wait? Please please reply

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Carebear0329 said:
Hi I have almost the same problem, I'm about to marry here in Canada and my application is in process as a live-incaregiver. I'm planning to include my husband in my application. I mean update.. did you get an open work permit for your husband? Or he have to go back home to wait? Please please reply
the original poster has not been here since March 2014 so probably best for you to post a new question