+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open bridge work permit

afrozahmed

Dec 29, 2018
My both visa and work permit are going to expire so do I have to apply for my visa extension after submitting my express entry and open bridge work permit application file

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You need to apply for bridge permit to maintain your status in Canada.
Visa is not necessary if you are not travelling outside of Canada

afrozahmed

Dec 29, 2018
what if I get a rejection for both express entry and open bridge work permit application file then do I have to apply for a visa to go back to my home country

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
hi there
my work permit will expire 2020/Feb/22.
I applied for PR and received an invitation, however have not submitted the application after.
I will travel and return to Canada on 2020/Feb/15.
will I have any issue? do I need a Bridge visa?
thank you so much.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
what if I get a rejection for both express entry and open bridge work permit application file then do I have to apply for a visa to go back to my home country
If you get rejected for both you will need to leave Canada or get a new visa/permit

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
hi there
my work permit will expire 2020/Feb/22.
I applied for PR and received an invitation, however have not submitted the application after.
I will travel and return to Canada on 2020/Feb/15.
will I have any issue? do I need a Bridge visa?
thank you so much.
There is a 4-5 month delay on bridging visas anyway so you might not get it on time. Leaving 7 days before your visa expires sounds very risky, they may not let you back in. I think it will be up to the customs officer that you meet at the airport

Roya2201

Jul 20, 2017
please read my post one more time. I did not say I am leaving 7days before my work permit expires!
my question is, when I return to Canada ; my work permit will be valid for another 7 days. (putting aside there will be a PR in process). will the work permit be enough for officers at airport to let me in?