Open a "Scotiabank" Account in Dubai...

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohailss said:
Hi Quarex;

will you please which bank / exchnage is Saudi - Jeddah should be approahed for draft in Canadin Dollar.

Regards

Hi,

I am from KSA, Riyadh ,
In Saudi Arabia Al-Rajhi Bank and SAAB bank are making draft in Canadian dollar. Check this both bank in Jaddah.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi,

I am from KSA, Riyadh ,
In Saudi Arabia Al-Rajhi Bank and SAAB bank are making draft in Canadian dollar. Check this both bank in Jaddah. Other banks also do but not sure

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Hi friends,

My experience with HSBC is not positive. I apparoached them in India in sept 09 with the intention of opening Canadian account. By that time my visa was already approved and stamped on my passport. I was informed that there will be a charge of Rs 10,000 to open the account before landing. Instead I was recommended opening Premiere account. Took the advise and opened the premiere account. Then left India as I am NRI. After two weeks I was informed that the account opening forms have to be attested by HSBC official in the nearest branch where I might be staying. Unfortunately there was no HSBC branch in the country I was living. Hence dropped the idea of opening Canadian account before landing. Landed at Toronto on 18th Dec 09 and visited HSBC branch on 19th Dec 09. There was on premiere account relation manager that day as it was Saturday. However I was promptly assisted in opening bank account and issued debit card. Applied for credit card. I was told that the credit card would arrive in 2 weeks time. When I visited the branch again on 5th Jan 2010. realized that the credit card application was not even sent to the responsible office. I had to redo the application. I did not receive credit card after 4 more weeks!! No information. I wrote to them enquiring and was told the credit card processing is still pending and awaiting some info from India!!! What Info? No Idea.! I am still waiting for the credit card. I am now planning to open account and apply for credit card with either Scotia or RBC or TD who can issue credit card quickly so that I can start building the credit history.

JM09

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babutv2000 said:
Hi friends,

My experience with HSBC is not positive. I apparoached them in India in sept 09 with the intention of opening Canadian account. By that time my visa was already approved and stamped on my passport. I was informed that there will be a charge of Rs 10,000 to open the account before landing. Instead I was recommended opening Premiere account. Took the advise and opened the premiere account. Then left India as I am NRI. After two weeks I was informed that the account opening forms have to be attested by HSBC official in the nearest branch where I might be staying. Unfortunately there was no HSBC branch in the country I was living. Hence dropped the idea of opening Canadian account before landing. Landed at Toronto on 18th Dec 09 and visited HSBC branch on 19th Dec 09. There was on premiere account relation manager that day as it was Saturday. However I was promptly assisted in opening bank account and issued debit card. Applied for credit card. I was told that the credit card would arrive in 2 weeks time. When I visited the branch again on 5th Jan 2010. realized that the credit card application was not even sent to the responsible office. I had to redo the application. I did not receive credit card after 4 more weeks!! No information. I wrote to them enquiring and was told the credit card processing is still pending and awaiting some info from India!!! What Info? No Idea.! I am still waiting for the credit card. I am now planning to open account and apply for credit card with either Scotia or RBC or TD who can issue credit card quickly so that I can start building the credit history.
Thanxxxxx Babu for the valuable Information...

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi babutv2000,

i though that this HSBC Premiere account is 5 stars service and u just deposit the money in HSBC in ur home country and withdraw it from Canada as if it is ur local bank in ur home country, and u don't need to open a new account in Canada and also if u already have credit card from HSBC premiere account ( in ur home country ) u don't need to issue a new one in Canada, please advice

one more thing, do u think we should move all our money now or as 1st step not to move all the amount, in case we move all the amount now will this give us any credit ? i'm worried about the taxes if i move all the amount now ::) , plz advice regarding the advantages / disadvantage of moving huge amount to Canada from the beginning

Thanks a lot

masem

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
Dear QORAX,

I am planning to open the account in Scotia bank as per your suggestion. I am in india. I hope everything will be fine ?

Regards,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aybee said:
Dear QORAX,

I am planning to open the account in Scotia bank as per your suggestion. I am in india. I hope everything will be fine ?

Regards,
Yes, everything will be fine... don't worry.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
qorax
thanks for the info
cheers

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Quorax
A million thanks for the info about opening bank account from outside Canada
Also a good idea to shelter the settlement funds from the pressure of the currencies with fluctuating values such as the euro at the moment.
But once the account is opened, is it possible to withdraw any money from outside Canada?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ario said:
Hi Quorax
A million thanks for the info about opening bank account from outside Canada
Also a good idea to shelter the settlement funds from the pressure of the currencies with fluctuating values such as the euro at the moment.
But once the account is opened, is it possible to withdraw any money from outside Canada?
No.
The funds remain locked-in. Transactions, if any, can be done only after landing - visiting the branch - activating the a/c. Till then the a/c remains "inactive".

Qorax

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Thanks Qorax
I visited the web site of Scotiabank,it appears this service is for applicants from India and China.What about Europe ,does the bank have any representation?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ario said:
Thanks Qorax
I visited the web site of Scotiabank,it appears this service is for applicants from India and China.What about Europe ,does the bank have any representation?
I'm not sure, brother.

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ario said:
Thanks Qorax
Hi members, i found this for myself and thought would be very usefull for somebody who's close to Russia:

Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia)

Representative office in Russia
Moscow, 121099, Russia
Smolenskaya Sq. 3,
Smolenski Passage
7th floor, office 707
Phone: 7 495 937-8412
Fax: 7 495 937-8290
Cell: 7 916 253-2825
ella.shipilov @ scotiabank.com
www.startright.scotiabank.com

that was found here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/russia-russie/visas/funds-fonds.aspx
that meens those who in Europe should check their VO 'Proof of settlement funds' requirements, i believe Scotia has representatives over there too.

-US acct with Scotiabank is free and no charge for debit transactions if u have $200.00 all the time (even drafts/money order fee will be waived if u need them, but remember that's only bank which offers u 4 free cheques at the openinng of every acct).
-Power Chequing acct has 15 free debit transactions, credits are free- it's more than enough- monthly fee is waived if u maintain $1500.00 CAD all the time. (Power Saving is different and that's saving acct
-If u need cash try to use only yr bank ATMs to get it, otherwise another bank machine will charge u $1.5-2 per withdrawal.
-If u r a student the acct is very cheap $1.5 per month with Scotia and unlimited transactions (except another bank machine)
-the credit card- visa (not chequing acct) for $1000.00 for each adult which is not-secured visa, remeber that's bank money not yours, sometimes ppl don't understand that and debt afterwards...
-if u want to skip acct fees, u can open acct for ur kid/s (Getting There)and maintain it yourself untill they turn 18 y.o, it's free acct as well.

there are lots of good things with Scotiabank Smiley

Good luck,
Chami

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what I thought too it was a 5 stars service. But in reality, you have to transfer money between your home country HSBC account and your Canadian HSBC account (enjoying no charge transfer :p). You have to set up separate debit cards and credit cards for different countries.

Whether or not to transfer all money in one step is up to you. Hope this helps.

masem said:
Hi babutv2000,

i though that this HSBC Premiere account is 5 stars service and u just deposit the money in HSBC in ur home country and withdraw it from Canada as if it is ur local bank in ur home country, and u don't need to open a new account in Canada and also if u already have credit card from HSBC premiere account ( in ur home country ) u don't need to issue a new one in Canada, please advice

one more thing, do u think we should move all our money now or as 1st step not to move all the amount, in case we move all the amount now will this give us any credit ? i'm worried about the taxes if i move all the amount now ::) , plz advice regarding the advantages / disadvantage of moving huge amount to Canada from the beginning

Thanks a lot

masem