+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP/OINP Invite

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi Guys,

Has anyone on this forum recently received an invite from OOPNP/OINP to apply for Ontario provincial nomination ?

Also, when was the last time someone on this forum got OOPNP/OINP invite?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

taffarel

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone on this forum recently received an invite from OOPNP/OINP to apply for Ontario provincial nomination ?

Also, when was the last time someone on this forum got OOPNP/OINP invite?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Seems that some are getting invitation. But very few.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
davidbaek90 said:
Created mine on the 5th of Aug. Waiting for PT
I created mine on 8th and still waiting for PT.

My score is 447 ... What is your score @davidbaek ?

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a recent update in myCIC account which was an interest letter from Ontario Provincial Nominee?

I had a query regarding its total fee ?

The initial application fee to be sent along with the package is $1500 and upon success they would invite you for PR through myCIC account

I would like to know that if in case I get successful to secure invitation? what will be application flow then? the same as that of FSW Express Entry ? Uploading online documents and paying the CIC + RPRF fee ($1040) and waiting VO to catch up with our application, eligibility, background check and visa grant ?

If it is not then please correct me ?

also I would like sincere suggestions as whether I should apply to invitation for this provincial nominee or wait for actual FSW ITA by CIC (I am more into that actually because of economic fee structure)

My current CRS score is 475 points ;

Suggestions be highly appreciated

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
I got a recent update in myCIC account which was an interest letter from Ontario Provincial Nominee?

I had a query regarding its total fee ?

The initial application fee to be sent along with the package is $1500 and upon success they would invite you for PR through myCIC account

I would like to know that if in case I get successful to secure invitation? what will be application flow then? the same as that of FSW Express Entry ? Uploading online documents and paying the CIC + RPRF fee ($1040) and waiting VO to catch up with our application, eligibility, background check and visa grant ?

If it is not then please correct me ?

also I would like sincere suggestions as whether I should apply to invitation for this provincial nominee or wait for actual FSW ITA by CIC (I am more into that actually because of economic fee structure)

My current CRS score is 475 points ;

Suggestions be highly appreciated
Hello,

Yes, the procedure after receiving a nomination remains the same. You will need to pay an additional CAD 1040 to CIC.
In my personal opinion, your CRS is quite high and you will probably be successful in securing an ITA before the OINP nomination. My suggestion is that you wait it out for at least the next two draws (assuming they're both in September 2015).

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan said:
Hello,

Yes, the procedure after receiving a nomination remains the same. You will need to pay an additional CAD 1040 to CIC.
In my personal opinion, your CRS is quite high and you will probably be successful in securing an ITA before the OINP nomination. My suggestion is that you wait it out for at least the next two draws (assuming they're both in September 2015).
Thanks bro :) hoping for the best :)

Red_DevilBah

Jun 1, 2015
Hello

Yesterday I received an invite to apply for Ontario PNP. I had a couple of questions

1) Do I still need to search a job inorder to secure a nomination from Ontario province?
2) Would I still be eligible to the EE via CIC.
3) What are the obligation of residency attached to provincial nominations?

TIA

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Red_DevilBah said:
Hello

Yesterday I received an invite to apply for Ontario PNP. I had a couple of questions

1) Do I still need to search a job inorder to secure a nomination from Ontario province?
No you do not need a job offer for this particular nomination which falls under human capital stream and does not require a valid job offer. Further on this query:
Will Ontario have a job offer stream for Express Entry?
No. Ontario’s Express Entry streams are not designed for those with jobs offers. If you have a job offer, you may wish to explore Ontario’s Foreign Worker Stream or International Student with a Job Offer Stream, or the federal programs under Express Entry to see if any are appropriate for you.
Source: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_FAQ.html

2) Would I still be eligible to the EE via CIC.
You will very much be eligible in the EE system as well and incase your score falls within the cut-off will be getting an ITA too irrespective of your status in Ontario nomination
3) What are the obligation of residency attached to provincial nominations?
At least initially you are expected to stay in Ontario for a couple of years but I can't give you the exact details as I came across this on the forum only and not on the official websites
TIA

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no obligations of residency. There is 'intent' to reside in Ontario.

The Canadian constitution allows PRs full mobility rights to live, travel and work anywhere in Canada. But it is still a safe bet to land in the province and prove your intent to live and work there for , say, an year or so before moving to another province for work/settling down. Else the province might initiate legal action against you (which will be ruled in your favor, most likely) but that is an unnecessary baggage when you're moving to a new country.

Red_DevilBah

Jun 1, 2015
Thanks Sita1987, Asivad

Thanks a lot for replying.

I have applied on 28th Aug and received the message from ON on 2nd Sept. I have a CRS of 481, what are the options with me? should I take the ONPNP because it has a potential to give me 600 points and subsequently a PR or wait for ITA?

Incase I don't apply for ONPNP but get an ITA, will it still result into a PR without those 600 points?

Little bit confused on this PNP thing. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks