+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that would be perfect! I'm reading now all the relevant forum pages on how to fill in the form and which docs to submit.

I am also stuck at the fee part as I have to pay it from abroad and it is not clear for me how to do it, as I think that we need more details like (IBAN). I will call my bank tomorrow to check all that.

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I can help in any area I can.

I will send my application and the payement fees tomorrow.

Thanks

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
casadog said:

Thanks
Thanks. How did you paid the fee?
I also have a small issue regarding my TEF exam validity. I took the exam last year in July and I hear all kind of things that this exam is only valid for 1 year (!). At the university where I took the exam they said the results have a validity of 2 years and I also see in the application guide for Ontario that: (quote) The IELTS & TEF tests need to be taken within 24 months of application submission to ensure the results are valid at the moment of permanent residence processing (end quote).
I scheduled another TEF exam for end of this month, but I will send all my documentation for Ontario with the old test, of course, if not I'm out of the 45 days they are giving to complete the application.

Is anyone in the same situation/have you heard anyone with the same problem?

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hi NicolesD,

I just called my bank and asked for a certified cheque in USD - They asked for a reason, I printed out the fees part of the application guide and emailed it to them.

2 days after the certified cheque was ready.

Your TEF Canada is valid for 24 months - So don't worry about that.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casadog said:
Hi NicolesD,

I just called my bank and asked for a certified cheque in USD - They asked for a reason, I printed out the fees part of the application guide and emailed it to them.

2 days after the certified cheque was ready.

Your TEF Canada is valid for 24 months - So don't worry about that.
Are you sure about the validity? The below link might be dated but it does say 1 year.

http://www.fiaf.org/frenchclasses/frenchexam-tef.shtml

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
There is a diffirence between TEF and TEF Canada.
What is requiered for English Speaking part of Canada is TEF Canada.
TEF is for Quebec.

The link below says that the TEF and TEF Canada are valid for two years

http://www.alliancefr.org/en/individual-students/diplomas-and-tests?tab=4_1

Results
A certificate indicating the level in French is given to each candidate one month after the examination.
It is valid for two years.

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casadog said:
Hi NicolesD,

I went to 3 banks in my country and to Western Union, and there is no possibility to pay the fess from here without bank details like IBAN and SWIFT, so I have asked a friend in Toronto to do it for me.

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
casadog said:

Thanks
Hi,
Can anyone help me with some extra material to exercise my French? I will repeat my TEF end of the week and I would appreciate some extra material I can't seem to find any on the internet :(. Any tips from those who had the TEF?
merci!

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ichou said:
Hi Helena,
I also tried to reach you ;-)
Check your mail box ...
Hey, my messages are still not getting through. Please try to empty your inbox a bit.

What did you decide? I wish I could help!

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NicoleD said:
Hi,
Can anyone help me with some extra material to exercise my French? I will repeat my TEF end of the week and I would appreciate some extra material I can't seem to find any on the internet :(. Any tips from those who had the TEF?
merci!
I think the best is to try to go through the 2 books they are mentioning on the official TEF site. I got them from the Institut Francais in my country. Or you can try to buy them. I didn't manage to find anything useful online except essay writing tips. You can google this. I can't remember exactly what I googled, sorry, but it was about argumentative essays or something like that.

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw guys, I've submitted my application last week, so now I wait to see will it be ok. Fingers crossed!!! :)

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
helena21 said:
Btw guys, I've submitted my application last week, so now I wait to see will it be ok. Fingers crossed!!! :)
Me too :). Fingers crossed for both of us ;). Let's hope we will get 600 points ASAP.

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
helena21 said:
BTW, do you know how much it will take (aprox.) from the moment you receive the 600 points until the moment you receive PR? I know it's very complex (like: you must make another file with a bunch of documents and send them to CIC), must any ideas? I saw on this forum some guys received the ITA in March and in Aug they were still waiting for the PR.