+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
Thanks for your advice. As I said I do not think they are very keen on experience that is not O, A and B.

Your reply triggers a question: Can PNP EE approve an application but CIC reject an application (due to the quality of your application)?
In fact, they are not even keen on NOC 0/A/B experience if it adds no additional points to your application. They are keen on applicants proving that they have crossed minimum eligibility criteria (MEC) and not their entire professional resume.

And the honest answer to your 2nd question is, I don't know. It depends on what documents are requested after ITA based on PN points. If they ask for all the reference letter documents all over again (which seems terribly wasteful) then you aren't fully cleared till CIC says so. If all they ask you to submit is PCC and Medicals then that implies they won't bother with eligibility check again (which seems the logical way to do things but that has never stopped CIC from doing what they want).

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
In fact, they are not even keen on NOC 0/A/B experience if it adds no additional points to your application. They are keen on applicants proving that they have crossed minimum eligibility criteria (MEC) and not their entire professional resume.

And the honest answer to your 2nd question is, I don't know. It depends on what documents are requested after ITA based on PN points. If they ask for all the reference letter documents all over again (which seems terribly wasteful) then you aren't fully cleared till CIC says so. If all they ask you to submit is PCC and Medicals then that implies they won't bother with eligibility check again (which seems the logical way to do things but that has never stopped CIC from doing what they want).
You are correct. In my opinion, you may get rejected easier by the new federal skilled worker system under EE.

In the old system, it is customary that officers rejected some of your work letters. However, as long as you points did not fall below the cutoff of 67, your application will be accepted.

In the new EE system, CIC put express entry system on top of the FSW. Therefore, assume that you claim EE points from your 3 years of work experience from three different jobs. If the officer rejects one or two of your letters, your EE point will definitely drop. If you EE points drop below the ITA point (which is easy because of the high ITA point they set), they will automatically reject your application. Therefore, officers may turn out to reject more applications now than in the past.

Of course, my analysis is wrong if CIC officers are becoming more lenient in evaluating the letters now than in the past. In the past, using job code mismatch to reject an application is very common, and it was more common than recent years (at least before the implementation of the Express Entry).

YOUCAN

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Dilbert said:
I just finished filling up the OOPNP application form and at the end it generates a detailed checklist. If anyone has questions/feedbacks feel free to post a message in the thread.

The form can be found on http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html (scroll down to where it says "Nominee Application for Ontario EE Streams" and click on text)
Hey Dilbert,
At least by now i have decided to apply for Ontario pnp.Please do guide me to start the application process.
Waiting for your reply very eagerly.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
YOUCAN said:
Hey Dilbert,
At least by now i have decided to apply for Ontario pnp.Please do guide me to start the application process.
Waiting for your reply very eagerly.
Hi Youcan,

Just follow the instructions in the instruction guide, if you have got invitation to apply from the Ontario immigration office. They are very detailed in their requirements.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
My translator have prepared translation of documents and then have them certified in front of commissioner of oath. However, I just found that Ontario has its own translator affidavit form (http://www.google.com.hk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ontarioimmigration.ca%2Fprodconsum%2Fgroups%2Fcsc%2F%40oipp%2Fdocuments%2Fdocument%2Foi_0157e_trans_aff_pdf.pdf&ei=yrihVcHuOtC0uAStt4GgAg&usg=AFQjCNHVrU7GJcDVs3THwPYwn49psEH5tw&sig2=ckBJD_URY9VX3KWGsohDrw). The application guide says nothing about using its own translator affidavit form. Is it okay not to use Ontario's translator affidavit form as I have already finished preping my application?

Does anyone has the same experience?

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am preparing my OOPNP form and everything is almost ready. I applying under FSW and from outside of Canada. I wanted to clarify if the copies (of docs to be sent) are just scanned copies or certified copies or notarised copies?

Please let me know soon, I need to send this off on Wednesday.

Cheers,

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Bintehassan said:
Hi Guys,

I am preparing my OOPNP form and everything is almost ready. I applying under FSW and from outside of Canada. I wanted to clarify if the copies (of docs to be sent) are just scanned copies or certified copies or notarised copies?

Please let me know soon, I need to send this off on Wednesday.

Cheers,
Right, and also translation if you have any

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
specialmary said:
There are different scenarios, and thus refer to the app guide for details.
Everywhere in the guide says copies except where they say Certified True Copies of educational docs in the checklist at the end of the form. How did you guys do it?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Bintehassan said:
Everywhere in the guide says copies except where they say Certified True Copies of educational docs in the checklist at the end of the form. How did you guys do it?
If you have got Canadian education, you gotta send them certified copies and transcript.
If you are having non-Canadian degree, send a copy of ECA report along with degree passing certificate copy.
That's it!
Other than affidavit, you need not send any originals.

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
hello...
I am presently working as a physiotherapist in india :)....I have gone through OOPNP application guide which says:

Working in a regulated occupation in Ontario

If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of your certification or license
For more information on regulated professions in Ontario, visit:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_PROF_PROFS.htm

I am not licensed to work as a physiotherapist in canada, :( does this means that I am not eligible for PNP ontario.

please help.....I am not able to understand the meaning of this statement

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Jkal said:
If you have got Canadian education, you gotta send them certified copies and transcript.
If you are having non-Canadian degree, send a copy of ECA report along with degree passing certificate copy.
That's it!
Other than affidavit, you need not send any originals.
In the application checklist it clearly states certified true copies of your degree and marksheets. And then ofcourse a copy of your ECA. So to be on the safer side send them notarized copies of all your marksheets and degrees.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Any one filled the OOPNP form by hand instead of filling it in the PDF form and printing?

Another question for seniors. Can we send the reference letters from previous employer later, in a separate package than the main application?

Actually I submitted it in a hurry and didn't wait to get reference letters from my previous employers stated in the application. Though I have attached appointment letters and experience letters, but not in the format mentioned in the app guide? However now after a lot of follow up I might manage to get the reference letter after all...so can I/ should I send them as well?

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Guys, I sent the draft addressed to "Minister of Finance, Ontario" instead of "Ontario Minister of Finance". The actual OOPNP application form says "Minister of Finance, Ontario" whereas the guide says "Ontario Minister of Finance".

Will this be a problem?