OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mentioning NS express entry shouldn't do any harm to OOPNP.As long as you don't accept a nomination from a different province you are eligible for OOPNP.

shagdash said:
I have a quick question and any help will be appreciated. I have submitted an application for Nova Scotia express entry, however my file hasn't reached processing stage yet. When I am filling out the form for OOPNP, when asked if I have submitted an application to another PNP, do I need to answer in the affirmative?
Since the file may just be returned without reaching processing stage - does it need to be declared?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
begs2 said:
Hi Asivad

I am supposed to send my documents today , should I post it ? How do we validate this information , I have filled the form meant for 2700 via Express entry.

Pls. suggest soon.
Look at this link ---> http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPUPDATES.html

The changes are for their PNP program which runs outside of Express Entry. No difference to your application. Send it out today as planned.

All the best!

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMNI said:
Mentioning NS express entry shouldn't do any harm to OOPNP.As long as you don't accept a nomination from a different province you are eligible for OOPNP.
However, will it be considered misrepresentation if I don't declare NS? As the file is not in process yet and neither have I received acknowledgement receipt?

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I have my application for ONP ready and at 466 CRS. I don't mind waiting a few more weeks for ITA, in your opinion would waiting hurt with this CRS or I should go ahead with the ONP. Would be great to hear your thoughts. Right now very uncertain. By the way no links to Ontario.

ds_maniac

Mar 2, 2015
Hello experts,

I am currently working full time in Alberta and i got a PT for OOPNP.
Since I am currently working full time, do I still need to submit the following?

-copy of resume, employment reference letter, all those duties/salary/hours and all on company letterhead?

Or is the T4, paystubs, workpermit enough?

Please help me because my employer might take a while to prepare this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotshot007 said:
Hi Asivad,

I have my application for ONP ready and at 466 CRS. I don't mind waiting a few more weeks for ITA, in your opinion would waiting hurt with this CRS or I should go ahead with the ONP. Would be great to hear your thoughts. Right now very uncertain. By the way no links to Ontario.
466 is as very competitive score, wait for at least 1 more draw before accepting that PT. Only concern is, you never know when that will be.

Meanwhile, keep all the documentation ready for OOPNP so that you can send it at short notice. The added advantage being, most of this material is anyways needed post ITA so you'll save some time overall.

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ds_maniac said:
Hello experts,

I am currently working full time in Alberta and i got a PT for OOPNP.
Since I am currently working full time, do I still need to submit the following?

-copy of resume, employment reference letter, all those duties/salary/hours and all on company letterhead?

Or is the T4, paystubs, workpermit enough?

Please help me because my employer might take a while to prepare this.
This is what the Application Guide says on Pg 9. Follow it to the last word.

Currently working in Canada

If you are currently working or have worked in Canada with authorization to do so, provide the following documentation:

 Copy of employment contracts;
 Copies of all work permits issued by CIC and all immigration records authorizing employment for the period of work stated in your application;
 Employer reference letters for all periods of work stated in your application;
 Copies of Canada Revenue Agency T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid and Notice of Assessment (NOA) statements (if applicable) for the periods of work experience stated in your application; AND
 Pay statements and any relevant documentation that can support your Canadian work experience.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say you have done nothing wrong that would ruin your OOPNP by mentioning that you have applied for NSPNP...

You are just keeping your options open......

On the other hand since you didn't get acknowledgement yet from NSPNP meaning technically they haven't accepted your Application so you can also say NO.

So don't worry much.... go ahead and apply asap

shagdash said:
However, will it be considered misrepresentation if I don't declare NS? As the file is not in process yet and neither have I received acknowledgement receipt?

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMNI said:
I would say you have done nothing wrong that would ruin your OOPNP by mentioning that you have applied for NSPNP...

You are just keeping your options open......

On the other hand since you didn't get acknowledgement yet from NSPNP meaning technically they haven't accepted your Application so you can also say NO.

So don't worry much.... go ahead and apply asap
Thanks so much OMNI - +1 :)

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Summary of OOPNP Application Process

All,

Summary of complete OOPNP process:

Human Capital Priorities Stream Process -
To be a successful applicant under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must meet the eligibility criteria for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)'s Express Entry system and Ontario's criteria. You will be assessed against both as part of the nomination process.

Step One:
* Create a CIC Express Entry Profile and indicate settlement interest in either Ontario or other provinces.
* Qualify for either the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) OR the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
* Maintain minimum score of 400 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
* Have a Canadian B.A. Master's or PhD degree or equivalent foreign degree(s) evaluated by a designated organization indicating education is equivalent - Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
* Language ability test in either English or French with a minimum CLB 7 score from either IELTS - (General test); CELPIP (General test) or TEF.
* Demonstrate sufficient funds for family size.
* Provide 'Statement of Intent to Settle in Ontario'
SOURCE: Federal Skilled Worker Program - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
SOURCE: Canadian Experience Class - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
SOURCE: ECA - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
SOURCE: Language Ability Test - IELTS Calculator - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp (see IELTS language equivalency chart)

Step Two:
Opportunities Ontario provides a 'PT Notification of Interest from Ontario' to selected candidates and invites them to apply under the Human Capital Priorities Stream via their MyCIC account.

Step Three:
* If selected, candidates have 45 days to apply to Opportunities Ontario under the Human Capital Priorities Stream - Nominee Application Form.
* You will need to indicate which immigration program you wish to be assessed against - Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
SOURCE: Nominee Application Information - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html
SOURCE: Application Guide - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Step Four:
* If your application is approved by Ontario, you will receive a letter from Opportunities Ontario through your MyCIC account notifying you of your nomination. You have 30 days to accept the nomination through the Express Entry system.
* Nomination from Ontario will give you an additional 600 CRS points and you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence from CIC. You will have 60 days to apply to CIC for permanent residency.
* CIC reviews applicants for admissibility, including health, security, and criminality checks and verifies all information provided by applicants.
SOURCE: CIC Application - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Ontario can only search the Express Entry Pool for candidates who meet Ontario's 'Human Capital Priorities Stream' criteria or the 'French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream' who have submitted an Express Entry profile on or after June 1st 2015. If you submitted a profile prior to June 1st, Opportunities Ontario will not be able to search and select your profile.

SOURCE: Program Updates, What's New - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Opportunities Ontario Contact Information - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPCONTACT.html

I hope this summary of info is useful for all applicants.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nicely done, rajanvnv. +1 for that effort.

Recommend that you create a separate topic with a sticky if possible, it'll get lost among other messages in the thread.

begs2

Dec 16, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Look at this link
The changes are for their PNP program which runs outside of Express Entry. No difference to your application. Send it out today as planned.

All the best!
Perfect , thanks Asivad , one last thing .. there is huge set of document .Can we use paper pin to make it more organized or iti snot allowed like PR application?

Appreciat equick response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
begs2 said:
Perfect , thanks Asivad , one last thing .. there is huge set of document .Can we use paper pin to make it more organized or iti snot allowed like PR application?

Appreciat equick response.
I strongly recommend using paper clips and colored sticky notes to segregate documents and identify each section. If you have time, you should also probably have a crisp cover page that gives a clear idea of how you've structured the material. Looks very professional, helps you (and the VO) to see if anything is out of place and makes a small part of the officer's day less miserable. Can't hurt to have the officer in a good mood while looking at your application, right. :)

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Nicely done, rajanvnv. +1 for that effort.

Recommend that you create a separate topic with a sticky if possible, it'll get lost among other messages in the thread.
Thanks Asivad. Will do.

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hey guys,

I have not received invitation for OOPNP Human Capital. How do I get one? I have 453 points.

Thanks