+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
something from other thread:

Do not hire an immigration lawyer right off the bat. Do file for an appeal within the 30 Days by following the guidelines provided to you. Then write a reconsideration email to the Embassy in question requesting them to reopen your file and provide all evidence applicable. It can take up to 30 days for an embassy to reply to you so don't wait to file your appeal once you hear from them. File your appeal now without a lawyer. Hopefully the embassy will contact you and let you know that they reopen your case and then you can cancel your appeal. This way all bases are covered and you still have lots of time to hire a lawyer if need be. When you file for your appeal they will have to send the transcripts of your file. So make sure that as soon as you find out that your case is reopened from the embassy... you close your appeal. This is all from personal experience regarding my case with my husband being refused. We were refused for other reasons and I provided more solid evidence and requested them to reopen my file. Be sure to word your letter well and title your email properly so that they know exactly what they're opening and exactly what they're seeing right away. Also I was told by an embassy to write or urgent at the front of the title.

Reactions: Rockyoak

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
I am surprised why they didn't ask for the additional document if PCC was missing instead of outright rejecting it. Did your accompanying person reside in any other country for more than 6 months? If yes you will have to get PCC from that country. If that is what you sent via the webform, maybe they never got it.
Not sure how to appeal exactly but I believe it might be a complex route with filling a case here in Canada and stuff. Can you explore the possibility of applying again? since you have OINP(+600 points) getting ITA should not be a problem. Most of all, don't be dejected, there must be a way out
Thanks for the response! I am writing a Webform to them, and trying to call them.

Please tell their phone number.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
something from other thread:

Do not hire an immigration lawyer right off the bat. Do file for an appeal within the 30 Days by following the guidelines provided to you. Then write a reconsideration email to the Embassy in question requesting them to reopen your file and provide all evidence applicable. It can take up to 30 days for an embassy to reply to you so don't wait to file your appeal once you hear from them. File your appeal now without a lawyer. Hopefully the embassy will contact you and let you know that they reopen your case and then you can cancel your appeal. This way all bases are covered and you still have lots of time to hire a lawyer if need be. When you file for your appeal they will have to send the transcripts of your file. So make sure that as soon as you find out that your case is reopened from the embassy... you close your appeal. This is all from personal experience regarding my case with my husband being refused. We were refused for other reasons and I provided more solid evidence and requested them to reopen my file. Be sure to word your letter well and title your email properly so that they know exactly what they're opening and exactly what they're seeing right away. Also I was told by an embassy to write or urgent at the front of the title.
Thanks @Cyfa , how can I get the email for embassy?

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thanks for the response! I am writing a Webform to them, and trying to call them.

Please tell their phone number.
I Hope and pray that ur application get reconsidered.

outside Canada -> download Textnow or Rebtel app and call 1-888-242-2100
If you do not have an application number allocated to u yet, dial 3410 after language selection. You will reach customer service rep directly.

[Found this in one of Kubeir Kamal's FB group]

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys.
I received an email today stating that my application has been rejected. The reason given says that the police certificate for accompanied does not indicate the full residing period of the person in the country. However we had provided 2 PCC for the accompanied, one for before marriage (from DOB to marriage day via webform) and the other one from marriage day to date of application with application.

Now they say that the PCC does not cover the full residing period.

What shall I do? They have fully rejected the application and say they will refund the money. I want to make an appeal.

Please also note that when I sent the web forms I received acknowledgment of receipt as well.
It is possible you are not understanding the exact reason for rejection. I would suggest opening a new thread in the EE forum and explain your situation so some other senior members can review as well.

Rockyoak

Aug 23, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sorry to ask this question guys, but what is BIL that you guys are mentioning over here? is it BioMetrics?
BIL - Biometrics Information letter
MEP -You
Hey guys.. When is a good time order GCMS notes? Been 4 months and my file hasn't been updated at all.. Should I order GCMS notes now or wait some more time?
You should wait Gurpreet.. Ours was also 5 months back AOR

Reactions: gurpreets88

xena_psk

Feb 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Could someone plz tell me how to book an appointment for biometrics in India. I tried using their online portal but it says no seats available even for febraury month also.Tried calling them, but no respond. My expiry date is Jan 15.
How did you guys manage to do it?
Please guide

Reactions: diya_tj

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Could someone plz tell me how to book an appointment for biometrics in India. I tried using their online portal but it says no seats available even for febraury month also.Tried calling them, but no respond. My expiry date is Jan 15.
Please guide
I read somewhere that few people showed up at the VFS office and paid someone and they were allowed to give biometrics immediately, you can try that.

Rockyoak

Aug 23, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Please guide
If you can’t give your biometrics in time
Your next steps depend on whether your local VAC or ASC is open.

If your VAC or ASC is open
If your VAC or ASC is open but you can’t give biometrics due to COVID-19, use the web form to tell us why you need more time.

Make sure you provide details about your situation. For example, if you weren’t able to get an appointment by the deadline on your biometrics instruction letter
  • tell us the date of your appointment
  • upload a screenshot of the appointment confirmation
My deadline is on 20th Dec and so I raised a webform informing them about the unavailability of slots at any of the VACs and the latest I can submit is on 7th Jan for which I shared the appointment details.

They replied " We appreciate you taking the time to inform us that you are taking the necessary steps in order to obtain the biometric collection appointment that is required for your application. We invite you to provide your biometric information as soon as possible in order to ensure the process of you application continues as smoothly as possible."

You can try doing the same and book wherever/whenever you are finding the slot :)

Last edited: