+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Question

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm an international student who just recently graduated from an Ontario university with a full time job offer also in Ontario. I'm thinking of asking my company to apply for prescreening for PNP. I had a couple of questions:

1) In the pre screening application part 5b, the company indicates the status of the nominee. I'd fall into one of the first 2 categories, so from my understanding, they would proceed to section 5d and SKIP 5c? Meaning that they don't have to provide proof that they attempted to employ citizens or PRs? This proof of recruitment efforts is also in the Application Checklist. So in my case, they wouldn't need to provide this information or am I misunderstanding?

2) I'm currently under study permit and have applied for my PGWP. This kind of makes my status semi ambiguous since if they check the box that says that I'm a student, by the time the application is approved, I won't be. Should I wait until I get my PGWP or is it still okay to apply. What other things should I consider?

3) Is it common practice to hire legal service to take care of these applications? Would you recommend for or against it?

Thanks for all the help.

coimbatore_sherif

Apr 11, 2015
Hello every one,

I would like to follow this topic please update your time line . keep in touch

OPNP My company applied in jan 2015 still waiting !!! :( :( :( :( :-X :-X

olaper

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
12-01-2017
1) If your stream is International student with job offer, you don't need to fill out 5c. You can jump to 5d from 5b. (Same to me)

2) As far as I know, you can apply it. It would not be a problem. After applying PGWP, you can start work. It would be also no problem in PNP application.

3) In my case, I prepared and sent all document by myself. Too expensive to hire legal service.

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi Everyone

I really need help. Need some advise on whether I qualify for Ontario PNP program (Opportunities Ontario) in the Graduate category or not.

I can get a full time job either as a Manager in a restaurant or as dental hygienist in a clinic as I have some employers who are willing to sponsor me but I am not sure if I qualify for Ontario PNP.

I have done my dental hygiene diploma from Toronto College of dental Hygiene which was of 18 months duration. My college is a Private College but is Accredited and the standard and curriculum of my studies is equivalent to 3 yr dental hygiene program from a public college. I also did 4yr Bachelors degree in dentistry including 1 yr internship in India from 2007-2012.

So I was wondering whether I qualify for Ontario PNP program or not?

Thank you!

Stuckup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
If u r talking about international student with job offer than ur college has to be recognized and should be of those specified in Opnp website, in case of foreign employee category u r eligible if u have atleast 2 yrs of experience and u r getting median range salary of specified region where you wil be working.

Tiagop

Aug 22, 2017
Hi Everyone

I really need help. Need some advise on whether I qualify for Ontario PNP program (Opportunities Ontario) in the Graduate category or not.

I can get a full time job either as a Manager in a restaurant or as dental hygienist in a clinic as I have some employers who are willing to sponsor me but I am not sure if I qualify for Ontario PNP.

I have done my dental hygiene diploma from Toronto College of dental Hygiene which was of 18 months duration. My college is a Private College but is Accredited and the standard and curriculum of my studies is equivalent to 3 yr dental hygiene program from a public college. I also did 4yr Bachelors degree in dentistry including 1 yr internship in India from 2007-2012.

So I was wondering whether I qualify for Ontario PNP program or not?

Thank you!
Hi, I have a question for you, do you know if the course Dental assisting I is applicable to PGWP uppon completion?