+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP ( Opportunities Ontario) - your opinion, experience, help - Thanks!

Sanaz1983

Jan 2, 2014
Hello,
My company applied in beginning of December 2013 for Ontario Opportunities for my position (international worker).
My current work permit expires in mid-January 2014.
Ontario Opportunities will send us file number in January 2014, the process is about 6 months.
We are expecting to get positive PNP in April ( first company screening than nominee (myself) screening).
In the mean-time what are mine options to get current working permit extended? Am I able to continue work if submit documentation to Canada Immigration for current visa extension? During the time prior to them decision, can I still work? I am expecting they will reject my working permit extension application because there is no LMO attached.

In addition, once I have positive PNP, do I have a right to get working permit bridge during my PR process and how to apply? Do I need to apply and waiting about 2 months or with PNP approval letter can go to Canadian Border to get Bridge?
I know some people work during implied status, lawyer in Toronto told me that I cannot work once my current working permit expires, even I will submit documentation to Immigration Canada.
I don’t have LMO. My company applied only for PNP.

Thanks so much,
Sanaz
:eek:

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

you have two options,

1) apply bridge open work permit based on your PR application
2) extend your work permit based on PNP letter

Option 1 Conditions; you have received file number from CIC for your PR application (don't confuse with PNP file #)
you can apply for option 1 once 4 months are left in your work expire date; you can't go to border to get work permit in this case; you have to apply for this, even 1 day before, your current work permit expires, you can work on implied status; you will get WP for 1 yr (if your passport is not expiring within an year)

option 2 Conditions; requires PNP support letter for work permit; can apply for extension anytime; you can go to border to get this work permit; it will be issued for 18 months; you can work on implied status.

Hope this helps.

amla

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
17-09-2013
Nomination.....
October 2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
File Transfer...
26-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2013
Interview........
In Process: 12-04-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
14-03-2014
option 2 Conditions; requires PNP support letter for work permit; can apply for extension anytime; you can go to border to get this work permit; it will be issued for 18 months; you can work on implied status.
Hi arif,
So happy to see this quote. Is it possible for every one with PNP support letter to go to the border and get this extended permit? Since I'm not from a visa exempt country and I don't have Canada visa on my new passport. Can you please explain more how this procedure works cause I looked up whole CIC Website and couldn't find any good info.

Thanks a lot,
Amla