AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-03-2017
Thanks for your tread and please add +1-416-917-8623

jordanelaurel

Jan 14, 2017
Hi, I'm a nurse from England (U.K)

I've got 438 points, submitted my profile in May 2016. Obviously not heard anything yet. So i'm waiting :)

Also in the process of registering as a nurse in Ontario hoping this will boost my CRS points.

Good luck everyone and keep me posted if anything opens.

WolverineXY

Nov 29, 2016
I'm a lawyer in the US and am waiting for the OINP to reopen but I have a couple of questions - my CRS points are 460 right now, but my potential OINP score will only be 68. I know they say that 67 out of 100 is sought, but I'm wondering whether 67 is just a minimum line, above which, the higher your score is, the better chance you get, OR just a requirement line - as long as you are above 67, then you are all set, and higher scores within 68-100 range do not matter?

If it's the former, then probably I should practice my French more to get my CRS points up to 468 and apply via French Speaker Stream?

Along the same line - if I managed to survive the draw based on the potential 468 points, does the score matter any more? Will a higher score within the group of people who are lucky to be drawn(?) by CIC matter at that point?

Thanks!!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WolverineXY said:
I'm a lawyer in the US and am waiting for the OINP to reopen but I have a couple of questions - my CRS points are 460 right now, but my potential OINP score will only be 68. I know they say that 67 out of 100 is sought, but I'm wondering whether 67 is just a minimum line, above which, the higher your score is, the better chance you get, OR just a requirement line - as long as you are above 67, then you are all set, and higher scores within 68-100 range do not matter?

If it's the former, then probably I should practice my French more to get my CRS points up to 468 and apply via French Speaker Stream?

Along the same line - if I managed to survive the draw based on the potential 468 points, does the score matter any more? Will a higher score within the group of people who are lucky to be drawn(?) by CIC matter at that point?

Thanks!!
If you really have 460 points, you should have got ITA already (last draw on Wednesday with 459 points). Only if you have just now created your account you could have missed it.
For Human priorities, Ontario does require your EE account and in order to have it you need to get at least 67 points from 100. Then within the EE itself they do require min. 400 CRS points (at least that was the requirement last time this stream was opened). They have no top draws and as long as you have both they can invite you (if they reopen again)
French stream so far is still opened and it does also require 67 points of 100 as a minimum. There is no CRS points requirements there. But they require CBL 7+ from all skills from French and CBL 6+ from all skills from English.

WolverineXY

Nov 29, 2016
vensak said:
If you really have 460 points, you should have got ITA already (last draw on Wednesday with 459 points). Only if you have just now created your account you could have missed it.
For Human priorities, Ontario does require your EE account and in order to have it you need to get at least 67 points from 100. Then within the EE itself they do require min. 400 CRS points (at least that was the requirement last time this stream was opened). They have no top draws and as long as you have both they can invite you (if they reopen again)
French stream so far is still opened and it does also require 67 points of 100 as a minimum. There is no CRS points requirements there. But they require CBL 7+ from all skills from French and CBL 6+ from all skills from English.

Thanks for the detailed answer! I actually have not created my account yet - I was calculating my points by myself. My French level is only CBL 5, which gives me 4 points under CRS but no points under OINP. Is 459 normal or just a temporary dip? If the former, do you think I should just wait until the next draw or study French so that I might get CBL 7 and apply via OINP French stream? Thanks!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WolverineXY said:
Thanks for the detailed answer! I actually have not created my account yet - I was calculating my points by myself. My French level is only CBL 5, which gives me 4 points under CRS but no points under OINP. Is 459 normal or just a temporary dip? If the former, do you think I should just wait until the next draw or study French so that I might get CBL 7 and apply via OINP French stream? Thanks!
This is difficult to predict.
Facts are following. There were some changes introduced on 19th of November. After that there was one PNP only draw and then 4 draws spread within the period of 5 weeks. These draws were unusually big and very frequent compared to the long term history of the draws.
Also, there was change of the minister last week. However we have not seen yet any draw approved by the new minister.
So all that makes it rather difficul to do some good estimations.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
There will be some positive news from OINP by the end of this month. This is my own prediction from various threads. Lets keep our fingers crossed for this coming week. Even 400 mark may come down. Lets see !

buikhanhchi

Jan 16, 2017
Hello, please add me +60129346409.

Any of you has receipt ITA from Ontario this month for the French Speaking Scheme? Or it's still closed?

rr_2017

Jan 12, 2017
Hello all,

I am planning to give my IELTS on March 4th 2017. Will this be late to apply for Ontario PNP 2017? Usually which time of the year the draw takes place? I can also pre plan to give a test on February 16th if the above date is not of much help. Kindly give in your suggestions. Thanks for your help and support.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Mate earlier it is the best.
I got 400 CRS exactly now. Although eligible for OINP, I am giving a test on 11 Feb 2017 for better score. So your advancement into the plan could help.

rr_2017 said:
Hello all,

I am planning to give my IELTS on March 4th 2017. Will this be late to apply for Ontario PNP 2017? Usually which time of the year the draw takes place? I can also pre plan to give a test on February 16th if the above date is not of much help. Kindly give in your suggestions. Thanks for your help and support.