+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hey everyone, I have a question. I am hoping to apply for Ontario's PNP program when it opens. I graduated few months ago and still looking for a full time job. I wanted to know about OINP's requirement as this one mentioned for those applying under the Masters category, such as:

"...demonstrate at least 12 cumulative months of residence in Ontario in the 24 months prior to the submission of the application, and"...

What does cumulative mean in this context? Does it mean consecutive 12 months with no travelling outside Ontario or the total months should be at least 12 from the 24 months with breaks permissible? I don't know if my question makes sense.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
I am guessing cumulative means accumulated or collected, not consecutive. However, I would really appreciate if any of you could confirm. Thanks a lot.

Best,
Bend.

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
Hi friends,, i am international student. Just completed my studies in canada its 1+1=2 yr studies. I have applied for work permit. Currently iam in ontario. I wanted to know what are the rules for pr in ontario? And which province is good to move for the PR? Thanks

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Bend said:
Hey everyone, I have a question. I am hoping to apply for Ontario's PNP program when it opens. I graduated few months ago and still looking for a full time job. I wanted to know about OINP's requirement as this one mentioned for those applying under the Masters category, such as:

"...demonstrate at least 12 cumulative months of residence in Ontario in the 24 months prior to the submission of the application, and"...

What does cumulative mean in this context? Does it mean consecutive 12 months with no travelling outside Ontario or the total months should be at least 12 from the 24 months with breaks permissible? I don't know if my question makes sense.
the 12 months should be without any breaks. I know 1 case that they refused the application bc he took a summer break during the master study in ontario...Sounds stupid but yeah, that how OINP works :p

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Divi707 said:
Hi friends,, i am international student. Just completed my studies in canada its 1+1=2 yr studies. I have applied for work permit. Currently iam in ontario. I wanted to know what are the rules for pr in ontario? And which province is good to move for the PR? Thanks

Hi,

It's all up to you and job market. As per OINP, you must need bachelor degree. if you're here after 12th std, it's better to move to another province.

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
krunal2904 said:
Hi,

It's all up to you and job market. As per OINP, you must need bachelor degree. if you're here after 12th std, it's better to move to another province.
Ok No i have done masters from back home. and 2 PG certificate programs in canada. SO will it be counted??

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
romrumrira said:
the 12 months should be without any breaks. I know 1 case that they refused the application bc he took a summer break during the master study in ontario...Sounds stupid but yeah, that how OINP works :p
Hey thank you so much! I do not think they require it to be a consecutive. Your friend's case was different, I guess because he took a break during his masters. I didn't do that. We only had an official winter gap when I travelled. This issue is still unclear. Thank you so much once again for your reply.

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi I am working for CIBC for 11 months now , studied for only one year . I worked in C and D category jobs during study permit and till I got my Work permit .

Should I include it in the Work experience or just remove it as it doesn't add any points , only worry is what if they ask later why I did not mention it .
what say ??

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Divi707 said:
Ok No i have done masters from back home. and 2 PG certificate programs in canada. SO will it be counted??
Definitely, It will counted but for your Master Degree, you have to Evaluate to WES. As long as you just recently graduated, you have three years work permit. you can search field job in your study. Gain 1 year experience in Noc O,A,B category. Hope You will be get more that 400+ point after 1 year Canadian experience Then you will be eligible for OINP.

Thanks,
Krunal

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
I want to apply for OINP masters stream, I just want to know whether previous work related offer letter and experience letter back home enough to prove work experience for OINP and also to apply for express entry???