+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP - Help

Sourabhsj

Apr 7, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am in a bit of a situation. I submitted my profile via express entry last year in june. My CRS is 417. I was inclined to move to Vancouver and hence was not really keen to go via any PNP, and was hoping that somehow the scores would drop below 417 and I get my ITA, but that unfortunately has not been the case.

By end of jun, however I did get notification of interest (NOI) by Ontario PNP. I for the above stated inclination, did not choose to go take that option up i.e. did not say yes, but I have not declined it either. And I believe one has a time frame of 90 days (correct me if I am wrong) to respond to it.

Now I've the following two questions:
1. If my Ontario PNP is expired, how can I get it again? Also, what exactly is the process if I decide to go ahead with Ontario PNP and how long does it take to get PR after I've submitted all the documents after getting my ITA?
2. If I take up Ontario PNP, can I absolutely not move to Vancouver for those two years? Has anyone done it before i.e. gone through PNP and moved to a different state and in that case what all documents do we need to show to the government?

P.S: Giving IELTS again is not an option for me since I've given multiple attempts and i've always missed by a 0.5 band in either reading or writing, when it comes to getting the golden score of 8,7,7,7 and frankly that's frustrating.

Thanks for all the help :)

Last edited:

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

I am in a bit of a situation. I submitted my profile via express entry last year in june. My CRS is 417. I was inclined to move to Vancouver and hence was not really keen to go via any PNP, and was hoping that somehow the scores would drop below 417 and I get my ITA, but that unfortunately has not been the case.

By end of jun, however I did get notification of interest (NOI) by Ontario PNP. I for the above stated inclination, did not choose to go take that option up i.e. did not say yes, but I have not declined it either. And I believe one has a time frame of 90 days (correct me if I am wrong) to respond to it.

Now I've the following two questions:
1. If my Ontario PNP is expired, how can I get it again? Also, what exactly is the process if I decide to go ahead with Ontario PNP and how long does it take to get PR after I've submitted all the documents after getting my ITA?
2. If I take up Ontario PNP, can I absolutely not move to Vancouver for those two years? Has anyone done it before i.e. gone through PNP and moved to a different state and in that case what all documents do we need to show to the government?

P.S: Giving IELTS again is not an option for me since I've given multiple attempts and i've always missed by a 0.5 band in either reading or writing, when it come to getting the golden score of 8,7,7,7 and frankly that's frustrating.

Thanks for all the help :)
I'm guessing that your question is regarding the HCP stream of OINP. The NOI that was given to you in June 2017 has expired; you cannot do much about it in 2018. Now, to answer your two questions:

1. In order for you to be eligible for a new NOI, you would have to re-create your profile. There's no guarantee that you will get the NOI, but this would be the only way that you would have a chance, as OINP will only scan through profiles submitted in 2018.

2. If you do have the good fortune of getting the NOI and later the nomination, I would advise against your planned move to Vancouver. There may or may not be any penalties for it, but to me it would be cheating the system. There are many many genuine folks who would love to migrate to Ontario for at least 2 years, and by you taking one of the OINP slots, it would deprive a deserving person and his family the chance to move to Ontario because you had taken that chance, and then you decide to move to BC. Doesn't seem ultra ethical or smart to me...

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
I'm guessing that your question is regarding the HCP stream of OINP. The NOI that was given to you in June 2017 has expired; you cannot do much about it in 2018. Now, to answer your two questions:

1. In order for you to be eligible for a new NOI, you would have to re-create your profile. There's no guarantee that you will get the NOI, but this would be the only way that you would have a chance, as OINP will only scan through profiles submitted in 2018.

2. If you do have the good fortune of getting the NOI and later the nomination, I would advise against your planned move to Vancouver. There may or may not be any penalties for it, but to me it would be cheating the system. There are many many genuine folks who would love to migrate to Ontario for at least 2 years, and by you taking one of the OINP slots, it would deprive a deserving person and his family the chance to move to Ontario because you had taken that chance, and then you decide to move to BC. Doesn't seem ultra ethical or smart to me...

Hello Fella ,

could you pls answer for me what exactly is the process if I decide to go ahead with Ontario PNP and how long does it take to get PR after I've submitted all the documents after getting my ITA?

thnks !!

Reactions: Sourabhsj