+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONTARIO PNP APPLICATIONS 2016 TIMELINE

T_Singh

Mar 3, 2016
Here is My Timeline (International student with job offer)

Graduation : Aug 15, 2014
Ontario Pre Screening Application submitted : Jan 25, 2016
AOR for pre-Screening : Feb 25, 2016
Pre Screening Approved: Still Waiting.....

Anyone have idea, how long they will take for pre-screening

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumanthyj said:
Hey it's not pr card we are applying for. Check under economic class and provincial nominee. That is we've it shows 15 months.

And for bowp in the nomination package there's a letter of intent from ontario saying we can apply for bowp until we get a decision from ircc, but the work permit will be a closed one to your employer who has done the process on your behalf.
Hmmm thanks for the information. I don' really mind a closed work permit as long as i can stay. I will be limited to this job until i get my PR, which is ok i guess.
If we apply for PR through pnp, and later on get an ITA from express entry, assuming express entry has faster processing times, what should we do in that case?

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T_Singh said:

When the "official" pre-screen processing time was 3 months. It took 8 months for majority of the people. Now that they have taken away that time, I am not really sure how long its going to take.

twarpdev

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
twarpdev said:
Here is my Timeline (Foreign worker with job offer)

Ontario Pre-Screening Application submitted : October 6, 2015
AOR for Pre-Screening : October 15, 2015
Pre-Screening Approved : June 21, 2016
Ontario Nomination Application submitted : July 11, 2016
AOR for Ontario Nomination: Waiting

Sent an email to the OINP since no AOR, they confirmed that they got the application, but still no AOR yet.
Ontario Pre-Screening Application submitted : October 6, 2015
AOR for Pre-Screening : October 15, 2015
Pre-Screening Approved : June 21, 2016
Ontario Nomination Application submitted : July 11, 2016
AOR for Ontario Nomination: Sep 6, 2016

It took almost 2 months to get the AOR.

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
T_Singh said:

Around 1 year

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
msmahmood said:
Hmmm thanks for the information. I don' really mind a closed work permit as long as i can stay. I will be limited to this job until i get my PR, which is ok i guess.
If we apply for PR through pnp, and later on get an ITA from express entry, assuming express entry has faster processing times, what should we do in that case?
I am really not sure about it but the processing times for express entry looks faster compared with this pnp. But on the nomination it says as you have been nominated by ontario your application will receive expedited processing from IRCC. I don't know what does that mean as it doesn't have any specific timeline.

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
jaswanth.koppu said:
Excellent..Congratulations!!!
Hey Jeshwanth

I think it's better for you to apply for INDIAN PCC ahead of time pretty sure you will get it by OCT and processing time for PCC is around 6 weeks for INDIA

jaswanth.koppu

Jan 26, 2015
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ontario
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumanthyj said:
Hey Jeshwanth

I think it's better for you to apply for INDIAN PCC ahead of time pretty sure you will get it by OCT and processing time for PCC is around 6 weeks for INDIA
Thanks for the suggestion. I filled all the documents today and postponed to apply PCC for a month. I am going to India for 20 days next Friday. Unfortunately, I cannot submit my passport and work permit to Indian Embassy. I will apply upon my return.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumanthyj said:
I am really not sure about it but the processing times for express entry looks faster compared with this pnp. But on the nomination it says as you have been nominated by ontario your application will receive expedited processing from IRCC. I don't know what does that mean as it doesn't have any specific timeline.
Interesting, I am not sure either. Post it on this thread if you get to know about this. If we get picked up from Express Entry itself, then nomination is pretty much useless.

My company just agreed to do LMIA for me in the meantime PNP is getting processed, as my Work Permit is expiring on 31st December. I am kinda confused on what route to take now.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
I think express entry is way faster. This is the current processing time for paper base provincial nomination according to IRCC:

msmahmood said:
Interesting, I am not sure either. Post it on this thread if you get to know about this. If we get picked up from Express Entry itself, then nomination is pretty much useless.

My company just agreed to do LMIA for me in the meantime PNP is getting processed, as my Work Permit is expiring on 31st December. I am kinda confused on what route to take now.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
I think express entry is way faster. This is the current processing time for paper base provincial nomination according to IRCC:

Oh I was putting Experience Class there lol
So I have a question, lets say i get an ITA from Express Entry before I get my nomination or LMIA. Can i just apply through Express Entry?

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Yea if you get an ITA go for it! If it pans out and you get your PR just withdraw your applications through the other streams. You'll lose the application fees, but hey that's a small price to pay for ease of mind and maximizing the potential of landing PR.

msmahmood said:
Oh I was putting Experience Class there lol
So I have a question, lets say i get an ITA from Express Entry before I get my nomination or LMIA. Can i just apply through Express Entry?

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
Ontario Master Graduate Stream:

Application Submitted: 18th Jan 2016

AOR: 1st June 2016

Additional Docs Request: 18th Aug 2016 - Lease, Payslips X 3, Job letter with Job Description, Degree copy, Bank Statements.

Inquiry Email response 9th Sep 2016: File has not been finalized.

Phone Call: 9th Sep 2016 - Asked about current lease, Job contract. At the end of the call I was told that the file will move to the next phase I and should get the result soon.

Nomination: Waiting

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
Yea if you get an ITA go for it! If it pans out and you get your PR just withdraw your applications through the other streams. You'll lose the application fees, but hey that's a small price to pay for ease of mind and maximizing the potential of landing PR.
So my employer commenced the LMIA process last Friday, does anybody know about the processing times of LMIA once an application has been submitted?
Can't seem to find it anywhere on the website, the threads about it here are old and the processing time would have changed by now

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Hi all

Does anyone know if we could get our medicals done upfront before submitting the pr application? I got all required documents just confused on whether to submit medicals upfront. Please advice