+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Applicants 2013

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Calling the attention of Ontario PNP applicants. I am starting this topic for all Ontario PNP applicants in 2013 starting from June. Please share your timelines?It seems that they have already reached this year's nomination quota but let us all try to estimate the overall processing time to get the nomination certificate from Ontario PNP. Below is my timeline:

Application received at Ontario PNP office: 30 August 2013
File created and request for additional documents: 05 September 2013

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys please respond.. :)

we need to have some idea of the processing time for Ontario PNP 2013..

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Since their quota was already filled we have to wait til Jan 2014, they said that those who applied in 2013 would be priority but I have no idea how long it will take, they just told me first come first serve. So I am guessing the 90 day wait is out the window??

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I also believe the same way, but the thing is will they receive additional nominations quota for this year?? (which was the case last year), and how many and when will they receive??
btw, whats your timeline??

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Hi

I hope that they do receive additional nominations this year too but the agent I spoke to said it was unlikely. Also the cut for the 2013 was before this summer so there are many hundreds if not thousands of applications that would be processed/approved ahead of mine.

My timeline:
Application received at Ontario PNP office: 22 August 2013

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omg.. :eek: :eek: ..if that's true..then its seriously going to take much more time beyond what we might have thought would be the processing time, when we applied..i now really hope, that they don't enter into the phase of backlog....otherwise GOD knows when we will receive our nominations and when we will apply for the federal part.. ??? ??? .....now they are not even picking up phone.. :(

calling senior member's attn..... do u have any idea of what's going on with this year's Ontario PNP??

proud2bhindustani

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
this yrs pnp ontario quota is filled , they cant issue any new nominations, they cant accept applications.they will start issuing pnp's from 2014 jan.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thnks for ur input.. :) .. btw, how to know that ur application is complete after they request additional documents..bcoz I tried calling them, but they say they can't tell application status, but will let you know if you r missing something?this adds to even more confusion..

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmm..thnks for the info "proud2bhindustani" ..it now seems that applying in cec is better than Ontario PNP.. :(

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Yes sorry to be the bad bearer of news, that is how I felt when they told me that. :eek: Fingers crossed yours and mine get approved for the 2014 quota. The province people have always been nice and if they don't pick up you can leave a message and they would call back, it took them 2 days to call me back but the person I spoke to was nice. They are not the caseworker so they don't have much power but all they told me is that they got my additional documents and it is still processing to be approved. So I can only assume it may be the same for you if they have not contacted you to ask for any further documentation.
If you meet the criteria for the CEC you should do that, cheaper and more faster unfortunately I didn't meet the criteria so this option was the only last resort.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juliabear said:
Yes sorry to be the bad bearer of news, that is how I felt when they told me that. :eek: Fingers crossed yours and mine get approved for the 2014 quota. The province people have always been nice and if they don't pick up you can leave a message and they would call back, it took them 2 days to call me back but the person I spoke to was nice. They are not the caseworker so they don't have much power but all they told me is that they got my additional documents and it is still processing to be approved. So I can only assume it may be the same for you if they have not contacted you to ask for any further documentation.
If you meet the criteria for the CEC you should do that, cheaper and more faster unfortunately I didn't meet the criteria so this option was the only last resort.
I also think that.. they are just waiting for nominations..I talked with one of the reps..I was told that they are expecting extra nominations this year too..but how many, is uncertain..and also they couldn't tell me the number of approved applications waiting for extra nominations..I hope we get our nomination certificates within this year.. :) :)

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
shimnui1 said:
Hello everyone,

Calling the attention of Ontario PNP applicants. I am starting this topic for all Ontario PNP applicants in 2013 starting from June. Please share your timelines?It seems that they have already reached this year's nomination quota but let us all try to estimate the overall processing time to get the nomination certificate from Ontario PNP. Below is my timeline:

Hey Shimnui1,
My application was received at PNP office on July 10, 2013. They asked me to send additional information in the 2nd week of October which I submitted the same week but it didn't get updated in their system until 3rd or 4th week of October.
As you stated above in your post, absolutely we're not getting nomination in this year. If you call them to check, what's going on with my application. They would say, we have reached our target allocation for this year, you'd expect a decision on your application in the beginning of next year.
In a nutshell, I'm really pissed at the misleading timeline of PNP program. I'd say applying for PNP was a bad idea overall. It's completely a rip-off program, I can't speak of students with masters degree stream but for students with a job offer definitely it's not a good option, complete waste of $1,500. PNP claims to be faster than CEC, apparently it's not. In order to get a nomination it takes about 6 six months and then at federal level processing time is 16 months whereas CEC is 12 months from point A to Z.

I notice below "Juliabear" was talking about "they don't answer their calls". Absolutely, they don't if you call them anytime before 2 or 3 PM, they won't. Call them after 3 or 4 PM, definitely you'd get a hold of them. It seems to me that they only have one representative named "Melanie", to answer your calls, used to be "Ann Marie".

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Big Boy said:
shimnui1 said:
Hello everyone,

Hey Shimnui1,
My application was received at PNP office on July 10, 2013. They asked me to send additional information in the 2nd week of October which I submitted the same week but it didn't get updated in their system until 3rd or 4th week of October.
As you stated above in your post, absolutely we're not getting nomination in this year. If you call them to check, what's going on with my application. They would say, we have reached our target allocation for this year, you'd expect a decision on your application in the beginning of next year.
In a nutshell, I'm really pissed at the misleading timeline of PNP program. I'd say applying for PNP was a bad idea overall. It's completely a rip-off program, I can't speak of students with masters degree stream but for students with a job offer definitely it's not a good option, complete waste of $1,500. PNP claims to be faster than CEC, apparently it's not. In order to get a nomination it takes about 6 six months and then at federal level processing time is 16 months whereas CEC is 12 months from point A to Z.

I notice below "Juliabear" was talking about "they don't answer their calls". Absolutely, they don't if you call them anytime before 2 or 3 PM, they won't. Call them after 3 or 4 PM, definitely you'd get a hold of them. It seems to me that they only have one representative named "Melanie", to answer your calls, used to be "Ann Marie".
Hi Big Boy,

Thanks for sharing ur experience..yup.. if u have a job offer..i think its better to wait for 1 year and then go for CEC rather than OPNP....its really not worth $1500 of service, if they can't provide nominations to applicants ??? .... i think its high time, that they increase the nomination quota from 1300..u see last year it got filled in november, this year it got filled in sept-oct....if this trend continues, we can expect that it would get filled next year by april-may :eek:....and probably then there will be a huge backlog of applicants.. i really don't understand, why the quota is only 1300, keeping in mind the no.of applicants in entire ontario.. :eek: ..hope something comes up soon..