18-03-2013. 2nd Med: 01-05-2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-05-2014. PPR-2: 27-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2015 Alhamdolillah
vuexperts said:
dear your received a medical request from new Delhi visa office because New Delhi ( India ) received our medical request .that's why you received medical request from New deli visa office .so be relax .

dear , can you please tell me , after receiving medical test email , now what is your online application status at www.cic.gc.ca, still application received or changed ........

take care
It has just changed to In Process.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
chintan_155 said:
Hi,

Y'day I did landing process at Niagara (US/Canada boarder). It was quite easy process.

The process steps are as under (it was suggested by Canadian visa officer at border):
1) After reaching Niagara fall take a walk on 'Rainbow bridge' there is a separate pedestrian entry by putting 50 cents per person (keep change with you)
2) reach to US boarder (it's walkable distance), officer will call you while your turn come.
3) They will ask for your passport & visa status. You can say that you are landing immigrant & come for flag polling process & you don't want to take entry in US.
4) They will issue 'Entry refusal document' (this will not affect your US travel history).
5) Come back to Canada border & submit Passport, Confirmation of PR (both copies), US refusal letter
6) They will give your PP back with landing stamp on it & a copy of COPR (the one without photo) with PR date mentioning of it.

Entire process took 1 hr. maximum.
The only thing is, my WP landing date (first landing date) is not mentioned anywhere on COPR.
Congratulations.

I did re-entry at local office. In my COPR first landing date was not mentioned (blank), when I told officer about it, then she checked location and date on my passport and mentioned by hand.

Jessica Guo

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
soon
LANDED..........
soon
At last I received the PPR request today, but still not decision made.

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear you mentioned in your time line, interview done on dated 18-11-2013

what they asked in interview , any job related query or just info about yourself . please tell me in detail about interview.

Jessica Guo said:

Jessica Guo

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
soon
LANDED..........
soon
vuexperts said:
Dear you mentioned in your time line, interview done on dated 18-11-2013

what they asked in interview , any job related query or just info about yourself . please tell me in detail about interview.
Very detail about education and working experience, just along what I filled in the resume.About 90 minutes.

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dear

Are you in Canada now a days on work permit or still in your native country (Hong Kong)........

i am really shocked that you are the first guy who is called for interview as no one called interview after final nomination or after coming in Canada on work permit.

Any how , best of luck for PPR request........

Jessica Guo said:
Very detail about education and working experience, just along what I filled in the resume.About 90 minutes.

Jessica Guo

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
soon
LANDED..........
soon
I got work permit on in April 2013, but I didn't leave for Canada. I was chosen for an interview in Nov, 2013.Until now I am still in China. I plan to arrive in Canada on PR in June.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Jessica Guo said:
They have almost finalized your application, however they will change the status after visa stamping or generating COPR document for you.

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Thank u once again O_Canada!! for the precise information :). You are awesome :) ... However, its a week but NDVO has not yet responded to my request of file transfer. How long do they take? We have to submit passports by June 14th & days are running out. If they don't agree we'll have to book last minute tickets & moreover getting leave is a big big problem at the moment for me.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to do short landing from US and I've some questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm planning to go and stay in Canada for 4 weeks and apply PR card in urgency. I checked on the CIC website that I can request PR card in urgency if stay is greater than 3 weeks. Then I'll go back to US and stay for 6mth-1yr and then permanently move to Canada. I'll leave my spouse in Canada and she will look for a job and I'll move when possible.

My question is it possible? Has anyone done like this?
PR Card: In case they are not able to send my PR card in 4 weeks. Can it cause any kind of problem? Is there any chance that they call again for something like signature, photos or any other reason? My wife will stay back so she can bring my PR card to me. But since it is a single entry visa I'm a little worried.
Is it possible to enter Canada from US without the PR card. Checking the CIC website it seems we can enter Canada based on COPR record if we enter in our private vehicle. Although, meaning of private vehicle is not very clear. should the vehicle be in my name etc. has anyone done this?

Settling 6yh-1yr after landing: I'm planning to permanently move after 6mth-1yr of landing. Can it cause any kind of problems? I don't want to loose PR for 1yr stay in US.

thanks. Can

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi friends,

what is the difference between status " Application received" and "In Process". What can be expected after change of status from former to later.

Thanks.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rane said:
Thank u once again O_Canada!! for the precise information :). You are awesome :) ... However, its a week but NDVO has not yet responded to my request of file transfer. How long do they take? We have to submit passports by June 14th & days are running out. If they don't agree we'll have to book last minute tickets & moreover getting leave is a big big problem at the moment for me.
Hi Rane,

You are welcome , I am happy that I am able to help you and other members of this forum. I have learnt a lot from this forum and its my moral responsibility to give back to the community where I received knowledge when I was in need.

In my case I sent that request to Colombo, Srilanka VO. They took around 5 days to reply me back. I think in my case file was kind of completed and no other document / proecssing was pending , only visa stamping and COPR issuing was pending. I think in your case they asked for FBI clearance and Information regarding your stay in USA etc so may be some processing is pending on your file before finalizing it ???? I Know your Home country VO is NDVO, Is you file getting processed by NDVO or Srilanka VO ? If you got PPR request from Srilanka VO then you should send this file transfer request to Srilanka VO.

Some people I know in this forum, sent similar requests last year to their VO and they did not get any reply back , so they had to contact their local MP's office in Canada and MP's office sent a follow up request on the Applicant's behalf , then their file was transferred to Canada for Visa stamping. May be I was lucky that my file was transferred without any intervention from MP's office. I thought may be CIC has made a provision for people residing in North America to have their file transferred to Canada for finalization. May be send a follow up request e-mail once again , if they do not respond then think about plan B i.e how to send your passports to NDVO VO in India.

Nasirali

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
02-Apr-2013
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
04-Apr-2014
Khan78 said:
Hi friends,

what is the difference between status " Application received" and "In Process". What can be expected after change of status from former to later.

Thanks.
Application received means that application process is not started yet. In process means that they have started looking into your documents for making decision either approved or rejected.

tintin27

May 28, 2014
Hi,
Does anyone know how long usually the background process takes? I was a part of this FSW pilot back in 2012 and went thru the whole process of applying to PR under PNP. All my submission are done including my medicals as well as the PCCs (last one submitted sometime back in Sept 2013). Since then have been waiting.. When asking the High comm, it has the same response, "Your application is still waiting for background check results and will update you shortly" (last msg was more than 2 months back !) . Are there others on this forum in this same situation? Or most ppl got their PPR by now ?
I applied thru Delhi but my file was transferred to Colombo.

Thanks