+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

cad_pnp

Oct 23, 2013
O_Canada said:
1. I have already done the medical exams for OWP in Nov 13 . Do I have to do it again for PR ?
Send your previous medical details to Visa office and see if they accept it, in my case I completed OWP medicals in Feb 2013 but Srilanka visa office has asked me to undergo medical again for PR, When I asked them about my OWP medicals, they replied back saying that medical was for OWP and this is for PR application. May be my medical exam is near expiry of 12 months so they want a new medical. Anyhow I need to undergo a new medical for PR. In this forum there are some members whose OWP medical is accepted for PR application. Even I know some of the guys who got PR and just completed OWP medical. Best way is to ask Visa office and act as per their requirement.

2. Where should I submit passports ? I checked with VFS , they would accept it . Can I submit directly to the NDVO too ?
When I was stamping my OWP visa , I tried submitting passports at NDVO directly but for me it was very challenging, better to submit through VFS, NDVO prefers us to not visit their office unless they want us to visit for any personal interview, they want us to interact through post of VFS. I would say VFS is the safest route as per my understanding.
3. How much time does it take get the PR stamped from this stage ?
Can't comment on NDVO time lines . NDVO has a history to keep passports with them for longer duration like upto 6 months and more, I would say that it depends upon the processing stage of your PR application . If your file has completed medical, background, criminal records check etc... and how much workload they have at NDVO.
Thanks a lot .

I have another question.
Can I apply for PR stamping while in Canada ? What if I go to Canada on OWP and submit passport there ?

Thanks.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Dear cad_pnp..

very very congratulations ....

kindly let me know the following:

1) when did you first apply?2005,2006,2007?
2) when did you apply for PNP case?
3) have you been called for an interview on phone?
4) from which country to apply?
5) what is your band in IELTS?
6) what is your NOC code?
7) what was emailed to you in 2nd AOR?
8) After 2nd AOR how much time they took to send you medical + landing fees? + passport. (this is unusal thay they asked these 3 togather)
9) when did you apply for OWP?
10) After apply for OWP how much time they took to send you medical for PR?

Thank you for your response in advance

Dear all, now JAN 2014 has also passed but no good news from any candidate for PNP PR case? any news any updates any motivation?

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
zain92 said:
Dear cad_pnp..

very very congratulations ....

kindly let me know the following:

1) when did you first apply?2005,2006,2007?
2) when did you apply for PNP case?
3) have you been called for an interview on phone?
4) from which country to apply?
5) what is your band in IELTS?
6) what is your NOC code?
7) what was emailed to you in 2nd AOR?
8) After 2nd AOR how much time they took to send you medical + landing fees? + passport. (this is unusal thay they asked these 3 togather)
9) when did you apply for OWP?
10) After apply for OWP how much time they took to send you medical for PR?

Thank you for your response in advance

Dear all, now JAN 2014 has also passed but no good news from any candidate for PNP PR case? any news any updates any motivation?
There is no news except waiting.. I got 2nd AOR 8 months ago from NDVO saying that they will process my case within 6 months after that transferred to Colombo where they emailed saying you should receive medicals in a month or so.. all the deadlines are passed and if sending email no replies from them... same in case for previous refund its more than 9 months submitting form till now no update.. send them couple of follow up emails but no response till now.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cad_pnp said:
Thanks a lot .

I have another question.
Can I apply for PR stamping while in Canada ? What if I go to Canada on OWP and submit passport there ?

Thanks.
I would strongly suggest to not go to Canada on OWP if you are already in India. There is no legal way to send your passports back to India. Is is also not possible to submit your passports anywhere but the country where your application is being processed.
Although, I heard that some people already in Canada got their applications transferred to Canada but I could not verify it. Also if you already received passport request then in my opinion it would not make much sense to first travel to canada on WP and send your passports back. You may need your passports for a lot of purposes while settling down in Canada.

Thanks.
Can

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrate said:
I would strongly suggest to not go to Canada on OWP if you are already in India. There is no legal way to send your passports back to India. Is is also not possible to submit your passports anywhere but the country where your application is being processed.
Although, I heard that some people already in Canada got their applications transferred to Canada but I could not verify it. Also if you already received passport request then in my opinion it would not make much sense to first travel to canada on WP and send your passports back. You may need your passports for a lot of purposes while settling down in Canada.

Thanks.
Can
I know 2 people who got their file transferred to Canada, but as per them that route is not an easy one. First you need to follow up with Srilanka & NDVO offices, they usually do not entertain this request from an Individual. Then you need to contact your local Member of Parliament office with this request. MP office will contact Immigration Minister on your behalf. Immigration Minister will issue instructions to Embassy to move your file to Canada so that In-Land visa stamping can be done on your PR file.

Next option is to send your passport to India through your family friend/spouse with an authority letter because you can't send your passport to India by Post as customs will hold your passport with them as its illegal to send Indian passport by postal mail/courier.

Choose which one is easy option for you from above.

There are some points which I will evaluate if I wanted to come to Canada on OWP vs PR visa:

1. Law and order situation is not good in the country where you are living and there is a threat to your life and your loved ones in your home country then come to Canada immediately.
2. You are very fond of overseas vacation and were saving money for these vacations then come to Canada on OWP and spend it here.
3. If you / your spouse do not have any work / job in home country and a very exciting job offer is in your hand waiting for your to be physically present in Canada then come here on OWP after leaving your good jobs in home country.
4. If you think that your PR visa will be ready in next 4-6 months then its better to come here on PR visa because it is challenging to come here and then going back / transferring file to Canada for PR visa stamping.

Fyi.. I applied OWP in Jan 2013 , so considering CIC's report card at that time I could sense that it will take at least 1.5 years to process my PR visa that is why I took the plunge and moved to Canada on OWP last year, otherwise I would have preferred to move here on PR visa. Anyhow these are just my personal experiences and thoughts which I thought of sharing with you guys.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
O_Canada said:
I know 2 people who got their file transferred to Canada, but as per them that route is not an easy one. First you need to follow up with Srilanka & NDVO offices, they usually do not entertain this request from an Individual. Then you need to contact your local Member of Parliament office with this request. MP office will contact Immigration Minister on your behalf. Immigration Minister will issue instructions to Embassy to move your file to Canada so that In-Land visa stamping can be done on your PR file.

Next option is to send your passport to India through your family friend/spouse with an authority letter because you can't send your passport to India by Post as customs will hold your passport with them as its illegal to send Indian passport by postal mail/courier.

Choose which one is easy option for you from above.

There are some points which I will evaluate if I wanted to come to Canada on OWP vs PR visa:

1. Law and order situation is not good in the country where you are living and there is a threat to your life and your loved ones in your home country then come to Canada immediately.
2. You are very fond of overseas vacation and were saving money for these vacations then come to Canada on OWP and spend it here.
3. If you / your spouse do not have any work / job in India and a very exciting job offer is in your hand waiting for your to be physically present in Canada then come here on OWP after leaving your good jobs in India.
4. If you think that your PR visa will be ready in next 4-6 months then its better to come here on PR visa because it is challenging to come here and then going back / transferring file to Canada for PR visa stamping.

Fyi.. I applied OWP in Jan 2013 , so considering CIC's report card at that time I could sense that it will take at least 1.5 years to process my PR visa that is why I took the plunge and moved to Canada on OWP last year, otherwise I would have preferred to move here on PR visa. Anyhow these are just my personal experiences and thoughts which I thought of sharing with you guys.
Nice explanation, its 100% near to reality :)).

You are in Canada, so which option you will take for Visa stamping? Send your passport to India or try to get stamped in Canada?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashamsi said:
Nice explanation, its 100% near to reality :)).

You are in Canada, so which option you will take for Visa stamping? Send your passport to India or try to get stamped in Canada?
I will first try to get my file transferred to Canada for In-Land processing if that does not work out then I will have to send my passport to India as a gateway of last resort :) . Life is very complex let's see how things move in the coming days. Already wasted 7 years of my life in wait for this Canadian PR let's see how many more years to wait ????

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
O_Canada said:
I will first try to get my file transferred to Canada for In-Land processing if that does not work out then I will have to send my passport to India as a gateway of last resort :) . Life is very complex let's see how things move in the coming days. Already wasted 7 years of my life in wait for this Canadian PR let's see how many more years to wait ????
O_Canada : did yo got any update from NDVO or Sri Lanka regarding application ...seems like they just sitting on it in name of faster processing.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
I will first try to get my file transferred to Canada for In-Land processing if that does not work out then I will have to send my passport to India as a gateway of last resort :) .
As far as I checked sending passports with someone to India is also illegal. Basically getting a visa while you are not in India is considered illegal. I don't know which law it violates. :( That is the reason the MEA has banned mailing passports. Also being in a foreign country without your passports is also illegal.
You can also face serious problems travelling in and out of the country in case your visa was issued in your absence. I verified this from India as well as Canada embassy.
I don't know what is the view of CHC on this while issuing visas. But even if they don't care I believe we should not do anything illegal. That is why I moved back to India to submit my passports despite of huge problems I had to face and the financial loss I had to incur to move back.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp_tp said:
O_Canada : did yo got any update from NDVO or Sri Lanka regarding application ...seems like they just sitting on it in name of faster processing.
@ rp_tp
I have got a new medical request from Srilanka VO and file status changed to In Process. They said that OWP medical I completed 11 months ago was different than PR medical but as per my understanding both are same ( Non EDE ) Non Excessive Demand Exempt. So I need to go for another medical and I am thinking of doing after some time ( within 60 days time limit ) because in case I complete this medical and then they sit over my file for another 1 year then this medical will be invalid after 1 year so I need to go for another medical :) . I think its not good to expose our body to X-rays every year for just Immigration medical exams but who cares in CIC about this , they are just following their hand book.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrate said:
As far as I checked sending passports with someone to India is also illegal. Basically getting a visa while you are not in India is considered illegal. I don't know which law it violates. :( That is the reason the MEA has banned mailing passports. Also being in a foreign country without your passports is also illegal.
You can also face serious problems travelling in and out of the country in case your visa was issued in your absence. I verified this from India as well as Canada embassy.
I don't know what is the view of CHC on this while issuing visas. But even if they don't care I believe we should not do anything illegal. That is why I moved back to India to submit my passports despite of huge problems I had to face and the financial loss I had to incur to move back.
@canimmigrate,

I agree with your views so I might need to consider various options and will definitely try to get my file here in Canada. But CIC is not considering all of these aspects when they process our files. I think basically their processes are very old and immature. On one hand they call us here on OWP so that we can settle here and pay them taxes then they ask us to go back just for visa stamping and start our life here from scratch again??? They have computerized system , which thing prevents them to forward our file to Canada when every thing is ready and just a visa stamping is required ???? For moving our file to Canada they want us to contact their MP's and then we will waste MP's precious time for this minor work??? May be they also love vote bank politics ????

Only GOD knows , so far Canada journey was very frustrating and stressful, I do not know for how long we need to bear this frustration and mental stress.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
O_Canada said:
@ rp_tp
I have got a new medical request from Srilanka VO and file status changed to In Process. They said that OWP medical I completed 11 months ago was different than PR medical but as per my understanding both are same ( Non EDE ) Non Excessive Demand Exempt. So I need to go for another medical and I am thinking of doing after some time ( within 60 days time limit ) because in case I complete this medical and then they sit over my file for another 1 year then this medical will be invalid after 1 year so I need to go for another medical :) . I think its not good to expose our body to X-rays every year for just Immigration medical exams but who cares in CIC about this , they are just following their hand book.
Thanks O_Canada

After your file transferred to Srilanka when did you get the the rprf request (after how much time)

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp_tp said:
Thanks O_Canada

After your file transferred to Srilanka when did you get the the rprf request (after how much time)
After around 3 Months, I updated them about my OWP medicals completed, I thought just in case if they want to use that medical for PR application as well . Surprisingly after 2 weeks of that e-mail they sent me an e-mail asking for RPRF fees, Fingerprints and other documents for BG check. As per my understanding criminal record check by Paper based fingerprints take upto 6 months. I should have undergone Digital Fingerprints criminal record check in Canada as that is only 2-3 weeks process . Moreover its free of cost in Canada if that criminal record check is requested by CIC. I believe that might have caused a major delay in my case.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
O_Canada said:
After around 3 Months, I updated them about my OWP medicals completed, I thought just in case if they want to use that medical for PR application as well . Surprisingly after 2 weeks of that e-mail they sent me an e-mail asking for RPRF fees, Fingerprints and other documents for BG check. As per my understanding criminal record check by Paper based fingerprints take upto 6 months. I should have undergone Digital Fingerprints criminal record check in Canada as that is only 2-3 weeks process . Moreover its free of cost in Canada if that criminal record check is requested by CIC. I believe that might have caused a major delay in my case.
Thanks for the update..whats the next step after you submit medical..

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp_tp said:
Thanks for the update..whats the next step after you submit medical..
It all depends upon various things happening at VO. May be a passport request or if something else is pending in that file they will try to complete that or if they wanna sit over that file for some more time just to have a feeling that they have a huge work load and very busy office :). Then it will be summer vacations so some worker who is handling your file might go on summer vacations or maternity leave etc, or may be a new strike this year ......

My 7 years PR waiting experience says you can never predict next step with CIC PR applications, its purely an applicant's luck and his destiny that plays a critical role in PR applications. They do not give you PR when you need it the most , they give you PR when you are near retirement age 8) , so that you can spend your retirement life looking :eek: at snow from you heated house / apartment window :'(

Let's hope for good :)