+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi all
I want to apply for Health insurance using the job offer letter , but i did not tell my employer that I am going to do that , do you think I should tell before applying to the OHIP ?
Hi Hadeel1234,

For OHIP enrollment on Work Permit , usually Service Canada insists on getting a letter from HR mentioning that your Job is for Full time employment ( Part time is not eligible for OHIP ) and the duration of this job extends beyond 6 months ( for OHIP eligibility full time employment should be more than 6 months). When I went for OHIP enrollment Service Canada officer asked me to bring a letter from HR mentioning above things, because she told me that anyone can get an offer letter but offer letter does not means that we have actually started working at that position. I was carrying my Pay stubs with me, so by showing my pay stubs I was able to convince her that I have actually joined this job and my offer letter mentions that this is full time employment without any end date, but It was tough to convince her. Otherwise if she was not convinced then I had to ask my HR to give me a letter.

As aashamsi said , Getting an OHIP does not violates any terms of your employment because OHIP is provided by Federal Govt but its funded through the taxes deducted on your employment income that is why they insist on getting letter from HR that you are full time employed by them.

Anyways try it once at any nearby Service Ontario office and if they agree without HR letter then you are lucky otherwise you need to take a letter from HR.

Best of luck.

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
O_Canada said:
@ Chintan_155 ,

May I ask when did you complete your medicals in India during year 2013 for OWP ?

I completed my Medicals in Feb 2013 for OWP , and today CIC has sent me an e-mail to complete medical for myself and all the dependents once again. I am trying to understand if my medical is about to expire in Feb 2014 that is why they are requesting new medicals or its just a general routine for Srilanka Office to send new medical requests without checking their e-Medical system to find current medical records for people who are listed in PR application and have completed a medical exam for OWP in last 12 months ?
HI - please note that Medical done for OWP DOES NOT hold good for PR Medical. Both are different. You need to undergo medical again for PR freshly. OWP Medical result is not valid for PR.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chintan_155 said:
Hi O_Canada,

I did my medical for OWP in June-13.
It seems general routine mail without checking the system.

Even I received medical mails for me & my dependents. Then I sent a mail to them describing that myself & my dependents already undergone medical in Jun-13. Then Do we require it again?

Surprisingly, within a week period they replied that "Since you have completed medical examinations under your temporay visa applications and is valid until June 2014, you and your dependents need not undergo medical examinations at the moment. If required we will advise you.". This is what exactly they replied.

I sent medical receipts along with the other documents asked by them. It seems that Srilanka office doesn't ask passport (unlike NDVO) until they finalize the case.

In your case, instead of Jun-13 it will be Feb-13 if I'm not wrong.
I hope this will be very precious information for all the forum members.

Hi chintan_155,

Thank you very much for sharing this information. Yes even I am going to reply them that , I completed my medicals for OWP in Feb 2013, so it is still valid for 1 month Feb 2014. I will request them to get extension on this medical if this is possible.

I have just received medical request but no request for Passport submission at NDVO. Last year in June they asked me submit RPR Fess , Other documents for background check and Finger Prints scans for criminal record verification. I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything back from them.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineethere said:
HI - please note that Medical done for OWP DOES NOT hold good for PR Medical. Both are different. You need to undergo medical again for PR freshly. OWP Medical result is not valid for PR.
Hi vineethere,

Is this your personal experience or you just read this information anywhere on this forum/Online ?

As per reply from chintan_155 he says :

Surprisingly, within a week period they replied that "Since you have completed medical examinations under your temporay visa applications and is valid until June 2014, you and your dependents need not undergo medical examinations at the moment. If required we will advise you.". This is what exactly they replied.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
xingyun said:
Hi Guys, do you know where to followup FSW refund?
No.... just email where you have send your documents for refund..

FYI : I send out an email for refund in Apr 2013 but still no update send couple for followup email as its more than 6 months but no replies on that too.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
Hi vineethere,

Is this your personal experience or you just read this information anywhere on this forum/Online ?

As per reply from chintan_155 he says :

Today I got a reply from Srilanka Visa Office, At least this time they replied back within 2 days .
They mentioned that PR medical is different than Work Permit medical so you need to re-appear for a new PR medical. It seems vineethere had similar experience like me and that is what he shared but hopefully chintan_155 need not to go through another round of medicals.

It seems CIC treats every case differently, may be different officer and different rules. In some cases they want to consider WP medicals and in some cases they want a new PR medical. Anyhow govt is govt and you can't argue with them. I will undergo a new medical and let's hope they do not want me to appear for another medical when this medical will expire within next 12 months because they love to sit on an application for years.

God!!!! this will be my 3rd medical for Canada and let's hope that I get PR issued after this medical ? Canadian PR has been a long frustrating wait for me. I believe they test your patience and extreme frustration threshold levels before issuing PR because anyhow you will have to feel frustrated after leaving present jobs at home country and starting a new life from zero in Canada ??? ??? ??? :-X :-X.

Good Luck to all of us and will keep you posted how things move ahead.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends, today I noticed that my file status changed to In Process . 2 days ago it was just Application Received . The file moved to In Process from the date they sent me a Medical Request.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
O_Canada said:
Friends, today I noticed that my file status changed to In Process . 2 days ago it was just Application Received . The file moved to In Process from the date they sent me a Medical Request.
I have not recd any further steps after 2nd AOR but my status already shows Application Received.. seems from previous post that after receiving Medical and paying for RPRF fees it takes more than 6 months to finalize ur app is this correct ?

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Dear rp_tp

My thinking is the same .. i received email around 11 months from CIO that my application is complete and would be transfered to my local VISA OFFICE but still i am waiting for reply from my London VO.

I also think that they would start processing our PR case from Feb(i dont know why i am thinking) and would finalize(issuing VISA) our PR cases by August 2014 Insha Allah.

Lets hope and pray for every one.

Regards,
zain

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp_tp said:
I have not recd any further steps after 2nd AOR but my status already shows Application Received.. seems from previous post that after receiving Medical and paying for RPRF fees it takes more than 6 months to finalize ur app is this correct ?
Hi rp_tp,

In my case they asked for RPRF and other documentation along with my finger prints scan in June 2013. As per my understanding it takes 6 months to complete Criminal record check using paper based finger prints. Digital fingerprints takes only 3-4 weeks. So basically time taken on any application depends upon the complexity of that application while completing its background checks and other stuff and rest other stuff is linked with our Luck factor. So we can just pray to God and keep our fingers crossed.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I got my and my dependent's medicals done about 20 days back. Doctor said he has upload eMedicals already 15-16 days back. I've not sent the receipt/confimation that Doctor gave to me to NDVO though as I'll send it with other requested documents.

But I don't see my status changing to medical recieved even after 20 days? When does the ecas reflect the medical received? It happens only when we send the doctor's confirmation?

I did my medicals in US and when I told the doctor that I want to send it to New Delhi embassy he replied that they just upload it to a website. So, I'm worried if it reached the NDVO or not or when do I know they have recieved the results..

Thanks
Can

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrate said:
Hi guys,

I got my and my dependent's medicals done about 20 days back. Doctor said he has upload eMedicals already 15-16 days back. I've not sent the receipt/confimation that Doctor gave to me to NDVO though as I'll send it with other requested documents.

But I don't see my status changing to medical recieved even after 20 days? When does the ecas reflect the medical received? It happens only when we send the doctor's confirmation?

I did my medicals in US and when I told the doctor that I want to send it to New Delhi embassy he replied that they just upload it to a website. So, I'm worried if it reached the NDVO or not or when do I know they have recieved the results..

Thanks
Can
@canimmigrate

Do not worry, Just send a Case Sepecific inquiry to NDVO and in that mention that you have completed medicals and attached scanned copy of the acknowledgement / fees receipts as proof. No need to worry as its e-medical & it is centralized results will reach CIC .

All the best.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Hi,

I hope everyone is waiting to know about immigration progress and looking for any communication from CIC on our case. We really need patience to get it and once we get it then it will be big achievement.

I have come across information (this information may be old for few members and may be new for some members), which is called GCMS (or CAIPS) notes, through which we can get the insight of our application. Means it’s like a logging system/register where visa officer is capturing all his/her understanding/observations. Through this report we get all the steps/conclusion/verification taken by CIC officer on our file, even we also get to know what is happening behind the scene (it varies case to case).

You may find different threads which talks about CAIPS/GCMS notes, these may give you better understanding. I have read http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html (this thread started in Mar 2012 and some information has changed/updated, therefore please read complete thread to know update to date information).

Note: Now this report called GCMS but it’s very common by the name of CAIPS notes. As this report meant for CIC, therefore has lots of codes, which might difficult to understand, but don’t worry you can get all the help/knowledge on different thread how to read them.

How to get this report:
Outside Canada

If have any trusted relative/friend in Canada:
  • If you have any relative/friend in Canada (must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada), to whom you can trust to get your report/information.
    • It will cost them $5.
    • You just need to send consent form (of all dependents above 18 years) to your relative/friend.
    • With consent form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp ), they have to apply for Access to information and privacy.
    • They have to provide their proof of residence.
    • They can apply online or mail.
    • More information is available on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
    • It may take from 30 to 45 days (depend on case to case).

If don’t have any trusted friend in Canada.

• • There are third party sites (companies), who can charge from $25 to $60 and provide CAIPS notes.
    • They may take 45 to 60 days.
    • Below are few links which can help or can google any other site.
    • http://www.visafile.info/
    • http://www.caips.ca/

In Canada

• • If you are in Canada then you can apply yourself to get CAIPs notes and it will be cost FREE.
    • If have any other dependent above 18 then need to sign consent form.
    • With consent form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp ), you have to apply for Access to information and privacy.
    • Have to provide proof of residence.
    • Can apply online or mail.
    • More information is available on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
    • It may take from 30 to 45 days (depend on case to case).

cad_pnp

Oct 23, 2013
Hi All,
I recently got a letter for submitting the passport,Right of Permanent Residence Fee and medical exams for PR.

I have the following questions, please help :

1. I have already done the medical exams for OWP in Nov 13 . Do I have to do it again for PR ?
2. Where should I submit passports ? I checked with VFS , they would accept it . Can I submit directly to the NDVO too ?
3. How much time does it take get the PR stamped from this stage ?

Thanks

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cad_pnp said:
Hi All,
I recently got a letter for submitting the passport,Right of Permanent Residence Fee and medical exams for PR.

I have the following questions, please help :

1. I have already done the medical exams for OWP in Nov 13 . Do I have to do it again for PR ?
2. Where should I submit passports ? I checked with VFS , they would accept it . Can I submit directly to the NDVO too ?

Thanks
Send your previous medical details to Visa office and see if they accept it, in my case I completed OWP medicals in Feb 2013 but Srilanka visa office has asked me to undergo medical again for PR, When I asked them about my OWP medicals, they replied back saying that medical was for OWP and this is for PR application. May be my medical exam is near expiry of 12 months so they want a new medical. Anyhow I need to undergo a new medical for PR. In this forum there are some members whose OWP medical is accepted for PR application. Even I know some of the guys who got PR and just completed OWP medical. Best way is to ask Visa office and act as per their requirement.

When I was stamping my OWP visa , I tried submitting passports at NDVO directly but for me it was very challenging, better to submit through VFS, NDVO prefers us to not visit their office unless they want us to visit for any personal interview, they want us to interact through post of VFS. I would say VFS is the safest route as per my understanding.
Can't comment on NDVO time lines . NDVO has a history to keep passports with them for longer duration like upto 6 months and more, I would say that it depends upon the processing stage of your PR application . If your file has completed medical, background, criminal records check etc... and how much workload they have at NDVO.