+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
[size=10pt]Breaking NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

All OWP candidates (including their dependents) are eligible for OHIP coverage and 90 days waiting period will starts from date of landing, not from the date of employment. In other words even we can have OHIP coverage without having job (but after 90 days of waiting period).

In mid Aug I landed in Canada on OWP (with my family), I went to service Ontario to register for OHIP, but they refused to register because I came on OWP and for all work permit candidates, we should have full time job (etc etc).

As per one of eligibility criteria, if we are accepted for PR application and application is progress, then we should eligible for OHIP. I requested them to consider in this criteria, however they refused to consider this criteria for us, because in CIO’s email confirmation PR eligibility was not mentioned clearly and secondly it was in form of email so they were also not accepting email communication. Then I reached CIO to provide PR eligibility confirmation in writing, they reverted with the comments that we had already given in form of email and its hold good, moreover your case is forwarded to respective Visa office (Abu Dhabi), so contact them for further assistance. Then I contacted Abu Dhabi VO, they also responded with same response, that CIO email is enough. Then again I went back to Service Ontario with both communications (CIO & Abu Dhabi), then again they refused to accept these evidences for PR eligibility. This time I requested them to give me in writing (in form denial request), through which we can appeal to Ministry of Health to review our case.

In between someone asked to contact MPP to sort this issue, I reached them and they further contacted Ministry of Health to evaluate my eligibility criteria. Later Ministry contacted me and took consent form from me to get PR application status directly from Immigration department, by the grace of Allah, today I get letter from them in which they mentioned about my OHIP eligibility confirmation.

In nut shell, if you go to Service Ontario for OHIP registration they will definitely refuse to register for OHIP, so what you should do, get denial request form from them and then reach to Ministry of Health with your details. They will definitely review & will give you eligibility confirmation.
Below is a contact detail of Ministry of Health department, who reviews eligibility for OHIP converges.

http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/office.do?actionType=telephonedirectory&infoType=telephone&unitId=UNT0032147&locale=en

Hope this thread will be helpful for most of us.

blitzk

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013 and 02-11-2012
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013 (NS-CIO);08-May-2013 (SGVO)
great news! thanks for sharing this @aashamsi plus 1 for you :)

aashamsi said:

All OWP candidates (including their dependents) are eligible for OHIP coverage and 90 days waiting period will starts from date of landing, not from the date of employment. In other words even we can have OHIP coverage without having job (but after 90 days of waiting period).

In mid Aug I landed in Canada on OWP (with my family), I went to service Ontario to register for OHIP, but they refused to register because I came on OWP and for all work permit candidates, we should have full time job (etc etc).

As per one of eligibility criteria, if we are accepted for PR application and application is progress, then we should eligible for OHIP. I requested them to consider in this criteria, however they refused to consider this criteria for us, because in CIO's email confirmation PR eligibility was not mentioned clearly and secondly it was in form of email so they were also not accepting email communication. Then I reached CIO to provide PR eligibility confirmation in writing, they reverted with the comments that we had already given in form of email and its hold good, moreover your case is forwarded to respective Visa office (Abu Dhabi), so contact them for further assistance. Then I contacted Abu Dhabi VO, they also responded with same response, that CIO email is enough. Then again I went back to Service Ontario with both communications (CIO & Abu Dhabi), then again they refused to accept these evidences for PR eligibility. This time I requested them to give me in writing (in form denial request), through which we can appeal to Ministry of Health to review our case.

In between someone asked to contact MPP to sort this issue, I reached them and they further contacted Ministry of Health to evaluate my eligibility criteria. Later Ministry contacted me and took consent form from me to get PR application status directly from Immigration department, by the grace of Allah, today I get letter from them in which they mentioned about my OHIP eligibility confirmation.

In nut shell, if you go to Service Ontario for OHIP registration they will definitely refuse to register for OHIP, so what you should do, get denial request form from them and then reach to Ministry of Health with your details. They will definitely review & will give you eligibility confirmation.
Below is a contact detail of Ministry of Health department, who reviews eligibility for OHIP converges.

http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/office.do?actionType=telephonedirectory&infoType=telephone&unitId=UNT0032147&locale=en

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
That is great aashamsi thanks so much fir sharing ,deserve +1

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
Any updates regarding PR process for those who landed in Canada on OWP?

I landed in May '13 on OWP and got an e-mail 2 weeks back asking for Medicals, RPRF, a couple of forms and passports.

I can send proof of medicals (from OWP medicals), the forms and RPRF from here. However, I cannot send my passports back to my home country (India). Not sure what to do in that case.

On a friend's advise, I am going to approach the local MP to help.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashamsi said:

As per one of eligibility criteria, if we are accepted for PR application and application is progress, then we should eligible for OHIP. I requested them to consider in this criteria, however they refused to consider this criteria for us, because in CIO's email confirmation PR eligibility was not mentioned clearly and secondly it was in form of email so they were also not accepting email communication. Then I reached CIO to provide PR eligibility confirmation in writing, they reverted with the comments that we had already given in form of email and its hold good, moreover your case is forwarded to respective Visa office (Abu Dhabi), so contact them for further assistance. Then I contacted Abu Dhabi VO, they also responded with same response, that CIO email is enough. Then again I went back to Service Ontario with both communications (CIO & Abu Dhabi), then again they refused to accept these evidences for PR eligibility. This time I requested them to give me in writing (in form denial request), through which we can appeal to Ministry of Health to review our case.

+1 for sharing this.

It seems the gateway of last resort for solving every problem related to CIC is Approaching Local MP's Office.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shareit said:

I landed in May '13 on OWP and got an e-mail 2 weeks back asking for Medicals, RPRF, a couple of forms and passports.

I can send proof of medicals (from OWP medicals), the forms and RPRF from here. However, I cannot send my passports back to my home country (India). Not sure what to do in that case.

Contacting Local MP is the only way to approach CIC for this passport matter. Otherwise CIC's eyes and ears are closed coz they do not listen over Telephone or read your e-mail when you discuss with them regarding sending your Passport from Canada to India.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi O-Canada
what is the meaning of local MP please?

niagra

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear friends I am not happy to tell you that my owp application is refused for stupid reason

(Purpose of visit)

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear whats you mentioned in " purpose of visit "

and by the way , what made about your PR , as you received this request too early and you also applied at once for that as compare to us

any email come after first AOR.....

niagra said:
Dear friends I am not happy to tell you that my owp application is refused for stupid reason

(Purpose of visit)

niagra

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
vuexperts said:
Dear whats you mentioned in " purpose of visit "

and by the way , what made about your PR , as you received this request too early and you also applied at once for that as compare to us

any email come after first AOR.....and purpose of visit was the reason of my owp refusal
Salam my friend, still no news for my pr application and yes i have received an e mail from London office and they have asked for some documents which i think every Pakistani have sent and they said that they review my documents with in 4 months now it is more than 6 months still waiting.............

atifamr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Dear All Who have landed on OWP,

Do u have to take along some compulsory amount cash with you while going on OWP!
Or any amount of each family member mentioned in the forms while applying!

Regards

mm15744

Star Member
May 28, 2012
atifamr said:
Dear All Who have landed on OWP,

Do u have to take along some compulsory amount cash with you while going on OWP!
Or any amount of each family member mentioned in the forms while applying!

Regards
I got same question, i plan to go under OWP this Nov while my PR app still waiting PPR. Can i bring all my money once i go there under OWP?

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
mm15744 said:
I got same question, i plan to go under OWP this Nov while my PR app still waiting PPR. Can i bring all my money once i go there under OWP?
I think there is no requirement or limit. But I will prefer to bring At once and declare it then it will be tax exempted, otherwise you may have to pay tax. Well I am not much confident so other expert can also comments on it.

vipulchauhan

May 24, 2013
shareit said:

Hello
I am on same situation as you. I am also not getting response from New Delhi regarding how to submit passport from Canada to india.
Did you get any way?
Please reply me as my deadline to submit all things are near.