+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

ihsanul.haq8

Aug 17, 2013
Imran775 said:
@ O_Canada

This is too early to pack bags.

I am in Canada on OWP and my file is in processing in UK. Today I got a request from UK visa office to send them RCMP report with finger prints. Don't you think if CIC already know that you are in Canada and they asked to submit your passport in your homeland visa office.

So my first advice to all those who are coming on OWP, you must change your residential and mailing address to Canada on your arrival, you will be unluck if you got passport request in between.

Best,
Imran
Dear Imran,

I have same status like yours. Right now i am also in Ontario on OWP and recently send my RCMP certificate to London VO. Is it possible for you to talk on phone or send me an email on my id ihsanul.haq8@yahoo.com ? so that we can discuss our cases in detail.

Thanks

tutut

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-01-2013 and 21-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hi everyone.

For those already in Canada via OWP, have you already found jobs? If yes, how many did it take you to find one?

Thanks.

Prabjot79

Aug 18, 2013
Hi All,

Did anyone get a letter from NDVO saying that they will let me know about the results of evaluation of my PR in Canada in 6 months and I need not to contact them before that. Category : (PNP) FSW Pilot, NOC 1112. Got this email on 16th March 2013(from NDVO). OWP in progress, Medical done(OWP) on 27h May, Additional documents were requested(OWP) on Jun 27 and submitted on July 23 (Before due date of July 27) still waiting for OWP and also PR (Medical + RPRF) request. Please assist. I am new to this forum. Thanks

niagra

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
ihsanul.haq8 said:
Dear Imran,

I have same status like yours. Right now i am also in Ontario on OWP and recently send my RCMP certificate to London VO. Is it possible for you to talk on phone or send me an email on my id ihsanul.haq8 @ yahoo.com ? so that we can discuss our cases in detail.

Thanks
Salam Friends,
I have applied for OWP in mid April but haven't hear from them till now.What do you advise should i contact to VO Islamabad about my case status.
Please advise.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
niagra said:
Salam Friends,
I have applied for OWP in mid April but haven't hear from them till now.What do you advise should i contact to VO Islamabad about my case status.
Please advise.
Hi Niagra,
I have applied in Jan 2013 and got the approval on June ,so do not worry it may take little more time ,Good Luck

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear it may be possible that you got WP request letter, too early , but you apply for it too late .As you were waiting for PR letters from UK , Have you got any email from UK

I got WP visa stamp with in 3 months .

niagra said:
Salam Friends,
Please advise.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Prabjot79 said:
Hi All,

Did anyone get a letter from NDVO saying that they will let me know about the results of evaluation of my PR in Canada in 6 months and I need not to contact them before that. Category : (PNP) FSW Pilot, NOC 1112. Got this email on 16th March 2013(from NDVO). OWP in progress, Medical done(OWP) on 27h May, Additional documents were requested(OWP) on Jun 27 and submitted on July 23 (Before due date of July 27) still waiting for OWP and also PR (Medical + RPRF) request. Please assist. I am new to this forum. Thanks
I got the letter in July as of date still no update.. i guess in ur case u should go for PR as u are almost close.. WP withdraw might me good idea i guess with monetary wise and time wise too.

Prabjot79

Aug 18, 2013
Thank You RP.

I applied for OWP on 20th Feb 2013, and it has been 6 months, I need to discuss in detail my case with you and my email ID is prabjot.kalsi at gmail dot com. Is this normal for them to send the letter on PR that they will let me know about the results of evaluation by 16th Sep 2013 (as I got this letter on 16th Mar-13). What is the next step? Do I need to get Medical done again for myself and family as I got that done on 27th May 13 for OWP. Or they will only ask for RPRF and no medicals for PR? Do you have any information about it?

Thanks a ton
Prabjot Kalsi

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Hi Prabjot,

The current processing time for work permit at NDVO is 3 months according to the CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp. When you applied for OWP, the processing time was 2 months. CIC doesn't take so much time to process OWP unless they have some concerns with your application. To give you a reference, I applied for OWP on December 12, 2012. I received medical request for OWP towards the end of January, 2013. I received the OWP on February 19, 2013. Maybe the ongoing PAFSO strike has affected the processing of your OWP. Maybe it is something else. You might want to send a case specific inquiry to NDVO and ask them why your OWP application has not been processed when the wait time is 3 months.

But, coming to Canada on OWP has its own problems. If you check this thread you will know some of those issues. If you're in a good job in India, I would recommend that you wait till you receive your PR visa before coming over to Canada. And when you decide to come over, try to come alone first and then bring your family. The living expenses here are quite high and the possibility of quickly getting a job very low.

- Hooverback

Prabjot79 said:
Thank You RP.

I applied for OWP on 20th Feb 2013, and it has been 6 months, I need to discuss in detail my case with you and my email ID is prabjot.kalsi at gmail dot com. Is this normal for them to send the letter on PR that they will let me know about the results of evaluation by 16th Sep 2013 (as I got this letter on 16th Mar-13). What is the next step? Do I need to get Medical done again for myself and family as I got that done on 27th May 13 for OWP. Or they will only ask for RPRF and no medicals for PR? Do you have any information about it?

Thanks a ton
Prabjot Kalsi

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Prabjot

I agree with hooverback.. as per document attached in email they say that ur PR case will be finalized in 6 months.. if not you can send them an email to see how are things, as per others in forum its difficult to get a job in CAN and if your PR is processed then you might have to travel back to NDVO for stamping so would be waiste of time and money later if you are in India.. if you are in some other country then can give a thought of moving on in WP

RP_TP

hooverback said:
Hi Prabjot,

The current processing time for work permit at NDVO is 3 months according to the CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp. When you applied for OWP, the processing time was 2 months. CIC doesn't take so much time to process OWP unless they have some concerns with your application. To give you a reference, I applied for OWP on December 12, 2012. I received medical request for OWP towards the end of January, 2013. I received the OWP on February 19, 2013. Maybe the ongoing PAFSO strike has affected the processing of your OWP. Maybe it is something else. You might want to send a case specific inquiry to NDVO and ask them why your OWP application has not been processed when the wait time is 3 months.

But, coming to Canada on OWP has its own problems. If you check this thread you will know some of those issues. If you're in a good job in India, I would recommend that you wait till you receive your PR visa before coming over to Canada. And when you decide to come over, try to come alone first and then bring your family. The living expenses here are quite high and the possibility of quickly getting a job very low.

- Hooverback

Prabjot79

Aug 18, 2013
Thanks Hooverback and RP_TP

I will contact NDVO about my OWP, they did ask for additional documents from me (Last 3 years Income Tax Returns). I submitted them on July 23, 2013. My PR online status is showing as "Application Received" Inside it says we received your application for PR on December 21, 2012. What is it showing for you? My 6 months will get completed on 16th Sep 2013 for PR against a letter that I got from NDVO on March 16, 2013 that they will let me know about the results of evaluation of my case with in 6 months and I need not to contact them before that. Thanks you and Hooverback again for the response.

Thanks
Prabjot Kalsi

tutut

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-01-2013 and 21-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hi,

It's a good thing NDVO has this 6 months "deadline" on the PR application. For Singapore VO, we did not receive any letter and processing time for PR application under PNP even got extended to 25 months. :mad:

The only good thing about Singapore VO is that they process the OWP in less than 3 months.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
tutut said:
Hi,

It's a good thing NDVO has this 6 months "deadline" on the PR application. For Singapore VO, we did not receive any letter and processing time for PR application under PNP even got extended to 25 months. :mad:

The only good thing about Singapore VO is that they process the OWP in less than 3 months.
With NDVO you cannot assume anything they say 6 months but can take any amt of time..

Prabjot : I guess you should send them an email and see.. this might be due to PFSO strike i hope this get ends soon and many are stuck in process due to this..bad luck for pre 2008 cases as first we waited for 6+ years and now when time came this happened to delay the process more.

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Prabjot and RP_TP

as per document attached in email they say that ur PR case will be finalized in 6 months..

have you received any updated email from visa office ...........

or any one whom 6 or 4 months completed and he / she received any updated email from embassy for further processing

Please share info

rp_tp said:
Prabjot

I agree with hooverback.. as per document attached in email they say that ur PR case will be finalized in 6 months.. if not you can send them an email to see how are things, as per others in forum its difficult to get a job in CAN and if your PR is processed then you might have to travel back to NDVO for stamping so would be waiste of time and money later if you are in India.. if you are in some other country then can give a thought of moving on in WP

RP_TP