Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PR 16-03-2015
@O_Canada

This is too early to pack bags.

I am in Canada on OWP and my file is in processing in UK. Today I got a request from UK visa office to send them RCMP report with finger prints. Don't you think if CIC already know that you are in Canada and they asked to submit your passport in your homeland visa office.

So my first advice to all those who are coming on OWP, you must change your residential and mailing address to Canada on your arrival, you will be unluck if you got passport request in between.

Best,
Imran

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Folks,

I think we should exhaust all avenues for convincing CIC about our situation before taking the extreme step of going back to India or Pakistan for visa stamping. I think we should write emails to our respective consulate and CC the email to the current minister of immigration, government of Canada.

I don't think that the government of Canada has intentionally formulated the provisions to inconvenience us. I think that the previous minister of immigration did not foresee the problems which citizens of some countries like India and Pakistan will face when they receive passport requests while they were in Canada on work permit.

I'm going to pro-actively write an email (ahead of my PPR) to NDVO so that they consider my request before dispatching PPR. If you have any concerns or suggestions on my move, please let me know.

- Hooverback

O_Canada said:
No, nobody can travel with other's passport, its illegal.
This is clear that she can't use ur passport to enter Indian / Canadian border. It will be just in the luggage like a book :) Unless a passport has sensor which starts beeping when plane enter's Indian Airspace .

I think we should start packing bags as well like MAX A MILLION is going back home.

Still I am thinking how this problem can be solved. Anybody please share if you or ur your friends have experience regarding following Scenario:

You come to Canada on a Closed Work permit for 6 Months. Your initial Visa was stamped with validity of 6 months. Your employer extends your WP for another Year . You want to Renew your Temp Visa so that you can re-enter canada just in case you wanna travel outside Canada for 1-2 weeks on vacation. Will you go to India for Canadian Visa Stamping or you will go to Canadian Embassy in USA ( Nearby Country ) or Send your passport through Postal mail to Canadian Embassy in USA for Canadian Visa Stamping ?

It means Indian Passport can travel from Canada to USA for Visa stamping by Post but it should not enter Indian teritory by postal mail as per Indian law ?

If a person can stay in Canada without passport for the duration his passport is with Canadian Consultate in USA for visa stamping then I think same thing might be applicable here when our passport is with Canadian Consulta in India ???

Actually here multiple agencies are involved , NDVO , Srilanka VO & then Indian Consulate so no one will take ownership of anything. They are just reading their operational manuals and copy pasting in e-mails replies.

MAX A MILLION is correct no one is seeing Big Picture.

Guys extend your passport submission timelines with Srilanka VO if ur time limit is getting exhausted and u are waiting just in case u will find some solution from CIC. Or start booking flights back to Home.

srsuwal

Nov 14, 2011
need suggestion
hello guys
I'm going to apply for csq
I did MSc computer science ( 2 years) and BSc ( physics) 3 years. Is it fall in area of training category 2 ? i.e 6 point.
my BSc degree is completed in 2003 and MSc in 2006. I have 8 years experence of teaching computer science. is it relaged to my study?
am i eligible for applicant ?
plz help me

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imran775 said:
@ O_Canada

I am in Canada on OWP and my file is in processing in UK. Today I got a request from UK visa office to send them RCMP report with finger prints. Don't you think if CIC already know that you are in Canada and they asked to submit your passport in your homeland visa office.

So my first advice to all those who are coming on OWP, you must change your residential and mailing address to Canada on your arrival, you will be unluck if you got passport request in between.

Best,
Imran
Hi Imran,

Packing bags is the gateway of last resort. I will not pack bags without exhausting all the options available. I have left my job in India and now if I have to leave job in Canada and go back to India for just Visa stamping then this whole exercise will defeat the process of looking forward for an easy and good life in Canada because there is always uncertainty involved with CIC's processes who knows how much time it is going to take after sending passport to NDVO .

I am sure with time and efforts we will find some solution. That is the purpose of brain storming on this forum because with so many people thinking about similar issue will definitely find some solution to this problem. Otherwise we need to take help from our world famous Jugaad Technology.

Let's see when they ask for Passport request.

roxxane

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
All NDVO applicants,

Dear all,

New processing times have been up uploaded on cic.gc.ca. Now New Delhi & Colombo are at par with 15 months. Please check out following link:

11 when we applied, then 13 and now 15 months( due to PAFSO strike).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.as

regards,

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
As per law

"Your Indian passport is a valuable document. It should always be either in your own custody or in the custody of a person duly authorized by you. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the nearest Mission and to the local police.""

Does it mean, authorized person can carry it across the border.

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Hi Ptaral,

To the best of my knowledge, you're safe to send your passport with your wife for stamping. But I want you to first seek an extension from the Canadian Consulate at Sri Lanka and then exhaust other options before sending your wife. I think you must send an email to the Canadian Consulates at Sri Lanka and New Delhi apprising them of the difficulties of sending the passport either by courier or via a representative.

You've just come to Canada, therefore you're probably not aware of the other difficulties that you're going to face here. One of the major problems here is getting a decent job because most companies do not recognize your skills and educational qualification from India. Imagine that you were in a good job and you received the communication from Canadian Consulate to submit your passport. Would you resign from your job and go back to India. If you did that, nobody will call you a wise person.

I think you need to communicate to the Canadian Consulate about your situation. You must be searching for a job and probably gotten some interviews. You have to tell them that you came to Canada to speed up your settlement process. If you go back and forth, you will delay the settlement process by 4-6 months and incur an additional expense of $5,000 - $10,000. You have to provide them with the link that somebody has posted on this forum for inland processing of immigration application. This way they might understand your situation and also feel comfortable in taking the appropriate decision as they will be doing something that is well within the laws and regulations of Canadian Immigration System.

- Hooverback

ptaral said:
As per law

"Your Indian passport is a valuable document. It should always be either in your own custody or in the custody of a person duly authorized by you. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the nearest Mission and to the local police.""

Does it mean, authorized person can carry it across the border.

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Hello All ...

Myself and my wife did our medicals on 27 July, Doctor's clinic was e-medical enabled so all the reports were uploaded on 30 July. However, I still don't see any update in my e-cas stating that NDVO has received our medical reports. I've also paid RPRF, but have not received any acknowledgement/receipt from NDVO for the same.

I have 2 queries,
1. Having done e-medical, NDVO must have received the reports immediately. When does the status get updated in e-cas?
2. Does NDVO send an acknowledgement/receipt for RPRF?
3. How much time after MR/RPRF can I expect PPR.

My file is in NDVO, not in Colombo.

People who have received PPR, kindly clarify.

waitinginpak

Aug 7, 2013
Hi ptaral,

Other than sending email to CIC, another way of highlighting this PR Visa stamping issue is to write letters to Major Canadian news papers regarding your difficult situation. All newspapers have letter to the editor section where any body can contribute. You can also mention the Operation bulletin: Inland CIC Processing of Confirmation of Permanent Residence Documents Originating from Visa Offices in your letter to the editor.

By making this issue public, we can expect an early resolution from CIC or immigration ministry.

What do you guys say?

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Good idea. I've already sent an email to my visa office ahead of any communication regarding PPR.

- Hooverback

waitinginpak said:
Hi ptaral,

Other than sending email to CIC, another way of highlighting this PR Visa stamping issue is to write letters to Major Canadian news papers regarding your difficult situation. All newspapers have letter to the editor section where any body can contribute. You can also mention the Operation bulletin: Inland CIC Processing of Confirmation of Permanent Residence Documents Originating from Visa Offices in your letter to the editor.

By making this issue public, we can expect an early resolution from CIC or immigration ministry.

What do you guys say?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imran775 said:
@ O_Canada

Best,
Imran
Friends:

I have updated my address using CIC's online address update service. ( At the place where you check your File Status, Click on Update Address )

It allows to update Residential and Mailing Address online.

In the next steps down the line it asks you information about the other people's Name, DOB , UCI etc if you wanna update their address as well who are part of your PR application .

At the last step application gave confirmation message that the address updates will be done within 15 days of submitting this online request.

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
I'm not sure if this is required. I did not do anything with my Residential Address. But it started showing "Toronto" quite sometime back. I cannot remember when the Residential Address started showing separate from Mailing Address because when I was in India, I could see only the Mailing Address. Since I'm using a representative, my mailing address showed the address of my representative in Canada.

- Hooverback

O_Canada said:
Friends:

I have updated my address using CIC's online address update service. ( At the place where you check your File Status, Click on Update Address )

It allows to update Residential and Mailing Address online.

In the next steps down the line it asks you information about the other people's Name, DOB , UCI etc if you wanna update their address as well who are part of your PR application .

At the last step application gave confirmation message that the address updates will be done within 15 days of submitting this online request.

Imran775

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
03-01-2013
Nomination.....
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-13
Med's Request
25-04-14
Med's Done....
25-05-15
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PR 16-03-2015
Changing address to Canadian city at least make sure that your visa office knows that you are no more in your home country. Lets see if it make a difference.

Imran

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Address has been updated automatically when we landed on OWP.

Open work permit state "This does not authorize re-entry?" while Work VISA has multiple entry.

Does it mean we can travel multiple time but every time we have to take new work permit?

Can family member re-enter without primary applicant on multiple work VISA & single entry work permit?

tutut

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-01-2013 and 21-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
This issue reported by those who are already in Canada under OWP and now approved for PR is just disappointing. I guess CIC never thought through all possible scenarios. It's really heartbreaking when you have to spend more unproductive time and thousands of dollars. I really hope that this gets resolved ASAP.

Kudos to our friends here who are already reporting the issue to those in charge. Thanks a lot!