+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
And another update: I just received a reply from Opportunities Ontario that stated:

"...The Work Permit Support Letter will be issued to all FSW nominees (applicants whose nominee applications were approved). Please do not contact us requesting for a support letter. The letter will be automatically sent to you shortly by courier if you have been nominated by our program..."

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
ddq said:
And another update: I just received a reply from Opportunities Ontario that stated:

"...The Work Permit Support Letter will be issued to all FSW nominees (applicants whose nominee applications were approved). Please do not contact us requesting for a support letter. The letter will be automatically sent to you shortly by courier if you have been nominated by our program..."
Dear ddq, thanks for the info it's really appreciates your updates, i have one question on this, how will we know whether the applicant application were approved or not ? before issuing Work Permit Support Letter, will they updating any ecase status or emailing....it wud be great info if you could help.
and +1 to you for updating news

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
iyikk said:
Dear ddq, thanks for the info it's really appreciates your updates, i have one question on this, how will we know whether the applicant application were approved or not ? before issuing Work Permit Support Letter, will they updating any ecase status or emailing....it wud be great info if you could help.
and +1 to you for updating news
Dear iyikk, I'm glad the information was helpful and thanks for the +1 :)

As for your question, Opportunities Ontario also said "...Please note that Opportunities Ontario will be contacting all FSW nominees shortly regarding Work Permit Support Letters following CIC’s recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees..."

From this reply, I understand that they will be sending the support letter to everyone who received the Nomination Certificate.

Also, the Operational Bulletin 470 states that "An applicant may apply for the WP at a mission, Port of Entry or in-land. "

In other words, my current understanding is:
  • In a near future (a week? a month?) we will receive the support letter
  • If we present this support letter with the Nomination Certificate at the Canadian border, we will receive the open Work permit

Thoughts/comments?

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
ddq said:

As for your question, Opportunities Ontario also said "...Please note that Opportunities Ontario will be contacting all FSW nominees shortly regarding Work Permit Support Letters following CIC's recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees..."

From this reply, I understand that they will be sending the support letter to everyone who received the Nomination Certificate.

Also, the Operational Bulletin 470 states that "An applicant may apply for the WP at a mission, Port of Entry or in-land. "

• If we present this support letter with the Nomination Certificate at the Canadian border, we will receive the open Work permit

Thoughts/comments?
Excellent ... Sounds like... soon our dreams can be true............. great ddq for helping such a wonderful information, it's not only for me , your information really helpful for all forum fellows whose waiting waiting waiting like me ......A big TQ :)

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
Dear Forum Fellows

This is the one we repeatedly speaking about CIC's recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees, so here the whole info you can visible either below link or directly over here..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob470.asp

AND

Operational Bulletin 470 - November 5, 2012
Open Work Permit Requests from Provincial Nominees Identified Through the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Backlog Reduction Pilot
Summary

The purpose of this Operational Bulletin (OB) is to provide information regarding work permit (WP) requests from provincial nominees identified under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Backlog Reduction Pilot. This OB is effective immediately and will remain in effect for the duration of the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot.

Background
In February 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) launched the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot in collaboration with provincial and territorial governments to help provinces and territories (PTs) better meet their labour market needs while contributing to CIC’s FSW backlog reduction efforts. Through this pilot, participating PTs (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and Northwest Territories) were given the opportunity to identify FSW backlog applicants for possible nomination under the Provincial Nominee Program based on applicants’ province of intended destination and work experience. More details on the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot can be found in OB 408. The Pilot continued to go forward despite the subsequent elimination of the FSW backlog through the enactment of the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act (Budget 2012 implementation).

Some participating PTs have requested that provincial nominees identified through the Pilot based on their work experience but as yet without job offers from Canadian employers, be considered for province-specific open WPs to facilitate faster labour market entry while Permanent Resident processing is underway. This request is consistent with the objectives of the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot — to test innovative, joint Federal / Provincial / Territories approaches to responding to labour market needs while easing immigration pressures, and is in the spirit of authorities under R204(c), which allow for the issuance of WPs to foreign nationals who intend to perform work pursuant to a bilateral agreement between CIC and a province or territory.

Parameters
Effective immediately, qualifying foreign nationals (described below), destined to the nominating province can apply for one of the maximum 1500 province-specific open WPs to be issued in relation to the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot. Uptake will be monitored by CIC through existing monthly Pilot reporting procedures. The issuance of the province-specific open WP is not contingent on the nominated applicant having submitted an application for permanent residence.

Procedures
Eligibility – Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:

i.The applicant must be a participant in the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot.
ii.The WP application must be accompanied by a letter of support from the nominating province that:
◦confirms the applicant is being nominated under the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot; and
◦indicates the WP will only be valid for work in the nominating province.
WP issuance and extensions
i.A province-specific, non job-specific open or open/restricted (depending on medical examination restrictions, if applicable) WP may be issued to the eligible applicants as described above upon receipt of a WP application and letter of support from the nominating PT (as described above) without requiring a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Service Canada.
ii.An applicant may apply for the WP at a mission, Port of Entry or in-land.
iii.The applicant must also meet all other admissibility requirements to be issued a WP under the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot.
iv.WPs issued under the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot may be valid for a maximum of two years.
v.Because WPs issued under the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot are intended to facilitate faster labour market entry while Permanent Resident processing is underway, extensions beyond the initial two year validity period will not be granted.
System Instructions
LMO Exemption Code is T13 in conjunction with R204(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations: “…an agreement entered into by the Minister with a province or group of provinces under subsection 8(1) of the Act.” This code must be used on the WP issued to the applicant.

The open WP should indicate in the “Province” fields and the printed “Conditions” that it is only valid for work performed in the nominating province.

To assist with statistical research, evaluation, and policy development, officers are asked to include reference to the “FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot” in the system notes.

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
ddq said:

@ddq
Thanks for update, I have just a question did you receive this information by phone or they posted it on facebook?

ahmed321

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
ddq said:

As for your question, Opportunities Ontario also said "...Please note that Opportunities Ontario will be contacting all FSW nominees shortly regarding Work Permit Support Letters following CIC's recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees..."

Thoughts/comments?
Dear iyikk and other thread members,

Thank you for the update information. Please excuse me on this silly questions as I am not aware about this.

1 Does this means that once we get the WP we can work in canada?
2. What about visa? how will we get visa? What visa will be issued to us?

Regards
Ahmed321

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
ahmed321 said:
Dear iyikk and other thread members,

Thank you for the update information. Please excuse me on this silly questions as I am not aware about this.

Regards
Ahmed321
Yes,Work Permit allows an overseas national to live and work in Canada.
Getting WP process
To apply for work permit you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer in your skill area.Usually a work permit is valid only for a specific job and length of time.A work permit may be issued based on labour market opinion (HRSDC confirmation) or may be issued on the basis of other requirements.
HRSC: Human Resources and Social Development Canada, provide information to the case officers to enable them to determine whether the employment of foreign workers is likely to have a positive or negative impact on the labour market in Canada. HRSDC confirmation is generally required before the work permit is issued.
HRSDC confirmation will be organised by your employer.
HRSDC confirmation is usually given for a specific period of time and the work permit will be issued to coincide with this period. Renewal of a work permit beyond the specified period will require new HRSDC confirmation.
Temporary resident visa
After getting WP support letter we need to apply for the visa it seems and their would be some time period , we need to apply with in the time period
Fee Schedule
Temporary Residence Applications CAD INR
Work Permit (fee includes temporary resident visa, if required) 150 7,950
Work permit - Group of 3 or more Performing Artists 450 23,850
Temporary Resident Permit 200 10,600
Dear Forum members , please feel free to share your valuable information over here, it could be helps to every one.
You can get more information in below links
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/faq.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#fees
Thanks
iyikk

ahmed321

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
iyikk said:
Yes,Work Permit allows an overseas national to live and work in Canada.
Getting WP process
To apply for work permit you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer in your skill area.Usually a work permit is valid only for a specific job and length of time.A work permit may be issued based on labour market opinion (HRSDC confirmation) or may be issued on the basis of other requirements.
HRSC: Human Resources and Social Development Canada, provide information to the case officers to enable them to determine whether the employment of foreign workers is likely to have a positive or negative impact on the labour market in Canada. HRSDC confirmation is generally required before the work permit is issued.
HRSDC confirmation will be organised by your employer.
HRSDC confirmation is usually given for a specific period of time and the work permit will be issued to coincide with this period. Renewal of a work permit beyond the specified period will require new HRSDC confirmation.
Temporary resident visa
After getting WP support letter we need to apply for the visa it seems and their would be some time period , we need to apply with in the time period
Fee Schedule
Temporary Residence Applications CAD INR
Work Permit (fee includes temporary resident visa, if required) 150 7,950
Work permit - Group of 3 or more Performing Artists 450 23,850
Temporary Resident Permit 200 10,600
Dear Forum members , please feel free to share your valuable information over here, it could be helps to every one.
You can get more information in below links
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/faq.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#fees
Thanks
iyikk
Dear iyikk,
Thank you for your kind and prompt response on my query.

Regards.
Ahmed321

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Once we get a this Open WP and move to Canada and get a job, our PR application can be Transferred to Canada and Fast Tracked ?

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
Maryam.A said:
@ ddq
Thanks for update, I have just a question did you receive this information by phone or they posted it on facebook?
Hi Maryam,

I queried Opportunities Ontario by email Opportunities.Ontario@ontario.ca and received a reply from them also by email.

Hope that helps

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
pradeeshma said:
Once we get a this Open WP and move to Canada and get a job, our PR application can be Transferred to Canada and Fast Tracked ?
As I currently understand, our application is fast tracked in either case - as indicated by issuing us the red stickers. However, it will still be relatively slow - as it takes up to 20 months for some offices to finalize the cases. The purpose of the WP is to allow us to start working in the near future - within weeks.

If you already sent the application package to your home country, then, as I understand, the Canadian embassy at your home country will be processing your case.

I am not sure the Canadian authorities will transfer the case from the embassy to the federal government in Canada. I think they will still require you to do the interview in your country of origin. But these are just my own speculations :)

bansal98

Jun 13, 2012
ddq said:
As I currently understand, our application is fast tracked in either case - as indicated by issuing us the red stickers. However, it will still be relatively slow - as it takes up to 20 months for some offices to finalize the cases.
I keep reading here and there that they have a SLA of 90 days? Is that only for assigning us a new file number? This is all so confusing :(

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
bansal98 said:
I keep reading here and there that they have a SLA of 90 days? Is that only for assigning us a new file number? This is all so confusing :(
Yes I believe. In Sydney they dble check our application deduct the fees and transfer our application to Local CIC after assigning file number.
For this the SLA 90 days. Once it reaches the local office then its Medicals followed by PCC if required and then Stamping

ahmed321

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Hi,

Since we all are discussing the issuance of work permit and Temporary resident visa, I think this is related to us.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/in-light-of-controversy-temporary-foreign-worker-program-to-be-reviewed-13112012.html.

Another link I found while surfing may be of interest to you.
http://blog.firstreference.com/2012/11/15/open-work-permits-will-be-issued-to-provincial-nominees-under-the-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-pilot/?goback=%2Egde_112681_member_186574242#axzz2CTtiDKBc

Regards.
Ahmed321.