+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Today I called Opportunities Ontario and asked them how to receive the Letter of Support required to receive the Open Work Permit. The lady's reply was that Ontario currently sponsors only those individuals who are already inside Canada working or studying.

Does anyone have any additional information I might be currently missing as to how to obtain this letter of support?

Best Regards

kia99

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-04-2013; In Process: 05-04-2013; RPRF Fees paid: 05-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-01-2013, Meds Delivered - 24-01-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
13-07-2013
ddq said:
Hi Everyone,

Today I called Opportunities Ontario and asked them how to receive the Letter of Support required to receive the Open Work Permit. The lady's reply was that Ontario currently sponsors only those individuals who are already inside Canada working or studying.

Does anyone have any additional information I might be currently missing as to how to obtain this letter of support?

Best Regards
Thanks for this update ddq. Did they say if we need to trigger something to get this letter or just wait?

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
From the answer, I understood that the province of Ontario provides Provincial Nominee with letter of support for Work Permit if:
  • The nominee has graduated from an academic institution in Ontario and/or
  • The nominee is already employed in Ontario
After I had heard the answer, I rephrased my question and asked what should I do to receive the letter. The official indicated they do not provide letters of support nominees who are currently outside of Canada.
However, I might be missing something, since I read in this forum earlier posts that indicated that letters would be sent in some time. If anyone can help suggest ways to get the letter, that would be most welcome.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi ddq,
After reading your post , i got big frastrations and decided to call them and check , the lady reply was that they have no clue about this subject and that I have to contact the CIC to know about it

On the other hand , yesterday I received a reply from their official page on face book and here is the answer

{
Study, Work, Stay: Opportunities Ontario
Hi everyone –
Only those that have been nominated will be issued work permit support letter so they can apply for a Work Permit to look for employment and work in Ontario while their PR application is being processed.
The work permit is for nominees to start working in Ontario while their PR application is being processed.
When the Principal Applicant has a Work Permit, his/her spouse will be eligible for an open work permit with the same validity
}

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Can you please tell what is the phone number you dialed ?

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi ddq,
After reading your post , i got big frastrations and decided to call them and check , the lady reply was that they have no clue about this subject and that I have to contact the CIC to know about it

On the other hand , yesterday I received a reply from their official page on face book and here is the answer

{
Study, Work, Stay: Opportunities Ontario
Hi everyone –
Only those that have been nominated will be issued work permit support letter so they can apply for a Work Permit to look for employment and work in Ontario while their PR application is being processed.
The work permit is for nominees to start working in Ontario while their PR application is being processed.
When the Principal Applicant has a Work Permit, his/her spouse will be eligible for an open work permit with the same validity
}
Hi Hadeel1234 if you don't mind can you please share facebook link :) of Opportunities ontario.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
sure , here is the link ,please keep us updated in case you knew any news

https://www.facebook.com/#!/studyworkstay?fref=ts

please check my post dated on 6th of November

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
Hadeel1234 said:
sure , here is the link ,please keep us updated in case you knew any news

https://www.facebook.com/#!/studyworkstay?fref=ts

please check my post dated on 6th of November
Thank you for the sharing FBlink, and sure i will update incase if i get any replies from them.

grantoron

Nov 14, 2012
I received nomination recently from ontario but I didn't include my dependents details in PNP nomination application thinking that I would sponsor them once I get PR for me. With the OB470, we can apply for Open Work Permit. So, now I would like to include dependents now in PR application. Is it OK to include dependents now in PR application who are not included in the nomination certificate? It would be really a great favor if someone can help me or let me know whom I should contact regarding this one?

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
Hadeel1234: I dialed (416)327-0374 in Canada, which I found on the Facebook page that you had kindly shared.

iyikk: Given the reply to Hadeel1234's post on November, 6, now I understand the information I received over the phone yesterday is not complete.

I am struggling to understand what we can do to trigger the process to receive the letter of support.

For everyone's convenience, I pasted below official replies from the discussion started by Hadeel on Facebook

===========================================================================================
Study, Work, Stay: Opportunities Ontario Hi Hadeel,
Thanks for your question. We are looking into this now. This is a new development and we want to get you the best information so we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Jehad,
Open work permit means the work permit can be used to work for any employer in the nominating province.
November 6 at 2:10pm

Study, Work, Stay: Opportunities Ontario Hi Jehad,
Opportunities Ontario will be contacting all FSW nominees shortly regarding Work Permit Support letters following CIC’s recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees.
November 7 at 2:51pm

Study, Work, Stay: Opportunities Ontario Hi everyone –
Kunle: No. Only those that have been nominated will be issued work permit support letter so they can apply for a Work Permit to look for employment and work in Ontario while their PR application is being processed.
Farooq: The work permit is for nominees to start working in Ontario while their PR application is being processed.
Bishnu: When the Principal Applicant has a Work Permit, his/her spouse will be eligible for an open work permit with the same validity
20 hours ago

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
I feel they may send the Support letters for Open WP only after we send the application for PR to Sydney Canada and they have deducted the application fees. There by they can be double sure that only genuinely interested candidates get the Open WP letter. This is just my thought. Any comments ?

Also from the FB post Wendy has mentioned that the open WP letters will be send via Courier. So no confusion there

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi Guys
I got this reply from FB regarding the work Permit

{
Please note that Opportunities Ontario will be contacting all FSW nominees shortly regarding Work Permit Support Letters following CIC’s recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees.
The support letters will be sent to FSW nominees by courier service.
}

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi Guys

{
Please note that Opportunities Ontario will be contacting all FSW nominees shortly regarding Work Permit Support Letters following CIC's recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees.
}
sounds good..

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi Guys

{
Please note that Opportunities Ontario will be contacting all FSW nominees shortly regarding Work Permit Support Letters following CIC's recent operational bulletin 470 on open work permits for FSW nominees.
}
Thanks Hadeel
Its a very good news, so for now we should wait again .

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi Guys

{
}

Thanks for sharing the good news, they are really encouraging!

Today I called them again. The representative told me they are currently in a middle of deciding as of what the policy for the Letters of Support would be. She also told me they will be updating "very soon" the Opportunities of Ontario official website with the action items for the candidates to receive the Letter of Support. I wasn't able to get more accurate estimation of when that would happen.