+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
valioiko said:
Hey guys! I have a few questions I don't have the answers to and couldn't find them anywhere, so I was hoping you could give your opinions.

1. I couldn't get reference letters from three of my employers - one closed down (have contract and JD instead), the other one just refused to deal with it (have contract and JD instead), and the third one is very secretive due to the nature of their business (have only contract + a report for the government institution for my national insurance proving that I've worked for them). Do you think those documents will suffice?
2. We have a three month-old daughter who hasn't even been registered with the authorities in our home country yet (too long of a process), let a lone having a passport. Do you think it would be OK if I only sent a birth certificate and a photo of hers?
3. The application guide says that only translations need to be notarised and doesn't say anything about English documents. Does this mean that we can just send photo copies of the original English documents, even the IELTS results?

Thanks a lot! Your help is much appreciated!

Good luck to everybody!
Help anyone?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
valioiko said:
Hey guys! I have a few questions I don't have the answers to and couldn't find them anywhere, so I was hoping you could give your opinions.

1. I couldn't get reference letters from three of my employers - one closed down (have contract and JD instead), the other one just refused to deal with it (have contract and JD instead), and the third one is very secretive due to the nature of their business (have only contract + a report for the government institution for my national insurance proving that I've worked for them). Do you think those documents will suffice?

IMO, should be okay. Just write a letter of explanation and tell them your situation in detail. Give them as much documents as possible to prove your case. If the employer is not giving, then it is okay to get letter from a senior colleague and submit it along with some proof like his business card or Employee ID card.

2. We have a three month-old daughter who hasn't even been registered with the authorities in our home country yet (too long of a process), let a lone having a passport. Do you think it would be OK if I only sent a birth certificate and a photo of hers?

Well, I do not recommend this but given the short period of time, I think you can submit a BC and photos and tell Ontario as to why you haven't got her passport yet. Passport, as you may know it, is a MANDATORY document. I am not very sure on this one, you may have to get a second opinion.

3. The application guide says that only translations need to be notarised and doesn't say anything about English documents. Does this mean that we can just send photo copies of the original English documents, even the IELTS results?

If your documents are in either English or French, you DO NOT need to notarize them.

Thanks a lot! Your help is much appreciated!

Good luck to everybody!

Vinnie0310

Oct 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-02-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
OINP nominations exhausted?

Hi,

I received an interest from Ontario on October 23 (expiring within 45 days) under Express Entry (possibly human capital priorities stream). I am currently in the process of sending the application.

However, there is an update on the Ontario immigration website (dated November 16, 2015) stating that they have exhausted their quota of 2500 nominations for the 'base' streams and they will accept new application from January 3, 2016 onwards. If this update is applicable to my profile it indicates that my interest will expire in that window.

From what I understand, Ontario had a quota of 5200 with 2700 allocated for Express Entry streams and 2500 for base streams.

Can someone help me to understand if its applicable to me and what happens to my interest in case it is so?

Thanks in advance,

Tejaswini

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vinnie0310 said:
Hi,

I received an interest from Ontario on October 23 (expiring within 45 days) under Express Entry (possibly human capital priorities stream). I am currently in the process of sending the application.

However, there is an update on the Ontario immigration website (dated November 16, 2015) stating that they have exhausted their quota of 2500 nominations for the 'base' streams and they will accept new application from January 3, 2016 onwards. If this update is applicable to my profile it indicates that my interest will expire in that window.

From what I understand, Ontario had a quota of 5200 with 2700 allocated for Express Entry streams and 2500 for base streams.

Can someone help me to understand if its applicable to me and what happens to my interest in case it is so?

Thanks in advance,

Tejaswini
That notification does not apply to us. I have said this a zillion times in this forum.

Go ahead and submit your application. It will be processed first in 2016.

Vinnie0310

Oct 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-02-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
Thanks for the reply Rajkamal.

The only reason I asked is because some people who have appointed the same immigration consultants as me had sent their applications last month and their applications were returned unopened apparently. I know that this does fit into the window of time for this update however, the consultants seem to think that I should wait till January to make the application by when my interest will expire, which I don't agree with.

Can you substantiate your understanding of the update in some way?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vinnie0310 said:
Thanks for the reply Rajkamal.

The only reason I asked is because some people who have appointed the same immigration consultants as me had sent their applications last month and their applications were returned unopened apparently. I know that this does fit into the window of time for this update however, the consultants seem to think that I should wait till January to make the application by when my interest will expire, which I don't agree with.

Can you substantiate your understanding of the update in some way?
Are you sure that the applicants whose applications were returned were Express Entry applicants who were applying for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream?

Because many people I know have submitted their applications lately and they have been received by the Ontario Immigration office. I have first hand information from a guy whose application was accepted the day before yesterday.

I strongly recommend that you submit the application ASAP.

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Are you sure that the applicants whose applications were returned were Express Entry applicants who were applying for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream?

Because many people I know have submitted their applications lately and they have been received by the Ontario Immigration office. I have first hand information from a guy whose application was accepted the day before yesterday.

I strongly recommend that you submit the application ASAP.
I agree, based on my underunderstanding, you need to send papers in 45 days. Even if they process it later, they won't turn you down saying you sent it late. Even in that case, you can claim that your proof of receipt (for the actual documents submission date) is well within the time line.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sagar1279 said:
I agree, based on my underunderstanding, you need to send papers in 45 days. Even if they process it later, they won't turn you down saying you sent it late. Even in that case, you can claim that your proof of receipt (for the actual documents submission date) is well within the time line.
Yes. If you send a complete application package within 45 days, you are good. There is no such thing as "cap". Your file will be processed next year :)

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. If you send a complete application package within 45 days, you are good. There is no such thing as "cap". Your file will be processed next year :)
Or whenever they are done with processing ...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MrTee said:
Or whenever they are done with processing ...
No. Files will be processed next year only. Applicants whose files were received before Sep 15th, 2015 will be assessed and sent AOR s shortly. All applications received after that will be assessed next year. Ours will be first on the list - FIFO.

Please note that the above information might hold good for FSW applicants only. They might still be processing the files of inland CEC applicants who have applied after the above mentioned date.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Raj is absolutely right about there being no cap. It will be processed next year.

Also, I would think only CEC would get their nomination in 39 days. However, I would happy to be wrong and get my nomination as a sweet Christmas gift!

My signature has my timelines.

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
I just went again through my Express Entry profile and noticed a ton of mistakes.

I did not add WES number of my Bachelor's Degree. I corrected these mistakes and resubmitted my profile.

I updated the new Express Entry key and Job seeker code in my Jobbank account.

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldencanada said:
I just went again through my Express Entry profile and noticed a ton of mistakes.

I did not add WES number of my Bachelor's Degree. I corrected these mistakes and resubmitted my profile.

I updated the new Express Entry key and Job seeker code in my Jobbank account.
So did your score change after that?

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
xlnzee said:
So did your score change after that?
Do keep in mind that it sometimes takes up to 24 hours for CRS to change.

Anyone prepping their OINP/HCPS application? I have 30 more days to get to it and I have barely even touched the surface. Getting my LORs lined up has been a hassle. I have yet to fill out the form (although I've looked at it extensively). 600 points for CAD 1500. Wowowow!