+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

CA_SS10

Apr 8, 2017
Update

My father has passed his medical exam. Now we wait for the passport to be returned hopefully with the PG-1 Visa to accompany my mother to visit us in Canada! :)

March 18, 2019 - Upfront Medical
March 26, 2019 - Further Medical Request (TB screening)
June 19, 2019 - Medical Passed
Congrats!! :)

When did you submit your application? Can you post your complete timeline?

Reactions: fastfood

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update

My father has passed his medical exam. Now we wait for the passport to be returned hopefully with the PG-1 Visa to accompany my mother to visit us in Canada! :)

March 18, 2019 - Upfront Medical
March 26, 2019 - Further Medical Request (TB screening)
June 19, 2019 - Medical Passed
Congratulations!! My dad got correspondence letter today. What about you? We were also waiting for further medical result clearance. I am unable to see the status in online application due to some technical issue with my cic account but looks like medical may have been cleared that’s why they sent us correspondence letter. Hope we get passport request soon.

Kindly post once you get passport request.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys, so finally Dad got his Passport request today at 8:30 AM Central time So it looks like his visa application is processed in Canada. I am literally crying with tears of joy, can't believe it happen!! I pray to God everyone's visa get approved asap:)

BDW some people say monthly Super Visa Insurance is not good in term of visa approval but we had monthly Super Visa Insurance, I don' think it makes any difference as we got it still approved. Some people say 1 year NOA is kind of mandatory. I have been in Canada only 5 months now as a landed Immigrant. Just used job offer letters & last 2 Pay stubs for myself & spouse without kid, we make about 50K a year. Our jobs are pretty new. So its all about how you present your file, well presentation increase chances of visa.

Our Super Visa application timeline so far is:

Online Application Submitted from India for Mom & Dad : 26th Feb 2019 along with upfront medical. First medical was done on 2nd Feb 2019 but application submitted on 26th Feb 2019.

Background check in progress started for both application on 26th Feb 2019

Bio matrix requested for both: 28th Feb 2019

Bio matrix Completed for both: 7th March 2019

Received Visitor Acknowledgement letter for both application: 13th March 2019

Eligibility changed to we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement for both applicants: 20th March 2019

Mother's Medical Passed: 20th March 2019

Father's medical changed to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam: 20th March 2019

After waiting until 10th April, 2019 I thought to give a call to Panel Clinic where medical was performed to check if everything was okay with Dad's medical they confirmed further Sputum & X-ray is required to be done. Sputum samples was taken on 12th April & had to wait for Chest X-ray until Sputum report is not out and needed to complete 3 months from the first X-ray. They told us to come back on 10th June for X-ray so that Sputum test result will be out by then.

In the mean time we received Passport request for mother on 24th April 2019. Submitted passport to VFS & got it back on 2nd May 2019.

Dad's Sputum test report came negative for all smear & culture tests and Chest X-ray performed on 10th June 2019. That day with he had a consultation with Panel doctor and Doctor asked us if he ever had TB, he answered No as he never had TB throughout his life. He said all good then, reports will be submitted. We received a text confirmation at phone from Panel Clinic on 12th June 2019 that reports has been submitted to CIC.

Just checked our GC account on 20th June 2019 & profile was showing updated but there was no new message, medical was passed. After 24 hours we got correspondence letter.

Today 21st we got Passport request along with the Medical Surveillance letter for dad. Going to Submit Passport tomorrow as our VFS does open on Saturdays half day.

If anyone knows anything about Medical Surveillance procedure at Airport during landing, please let me know. Thank you everyone for your help here.

CA_SS10

Apr 8, 2017
Hey Guys, so finally Dad got his Passport request today at 8:30 AM Central time So it looks like his visa application is processed in Canada. I am literally crying with tears of joy, can't believe it happen!! I pray to God everyone's visa get approved asap:)

BDW some people say monthly Super Visa Insurance is not good in term of visa approval but we had monthly Super Visa Insurance, I don' think it makes any difference as we got it still approved. Some people say 1 year NOA is kind of mandatory. I have been in Canada only 5 months now as a landed Immigrant. Just used job offer letters & last 2 Pay stubs for myself & spouse without kid, we make about 50K a year. Our jobs are pretty new. So its all about how you present your file, well presentation increase chances of visa.

Our Super Visa application timeline so far is:

Online Application Submitted from India for Mom & Dad : 26th Feb 2019 along with upfront medical. First medical was done on 2nd Feb 2019 but application submitted on 26th Feb 2019.

Background check in progress started for both application on 26th Feb 2019

Bio matrix requested for both: 28th Feb 2019

Bio matrix Completed for both: 7th March 2019

Received Visitor Acknowledgement letter for both application: 13th March 2019

Eligibility changed to we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement for both applicants: 20th March 2019

Mother's Medical Passed: 20th March 2019

Father's medical changed to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam: 20th March 2019

After waiting until 10th April, 2019 I thought to give a call to Panel Clinic where medical was performed to check if everything was okay with Dad's medical they confirmed further Sputum & X-ray is required to be done. Sputum samples was taken on 12th April & had to wait for Chest X-ray until Sputum report is not out and needed to complete 3 months from the first X-ray. They told us to come back on 10th June for X-ray so that Sputum test result will be out by then.

In the mean time we received Passport request for mother on 24th April 2019. Submitted passport to VFS & got it back on 2nd May 2019.

Dad's Sputum test report came negative for all smear & culture tests and Chest X-ray performed on 10th June 2019. That day with he had a consultation with Panel doctor and Doctor asked us if he ever had TB, he answered No as he never had TB throughout his life. He said all good then, reports will be submitted. We received a text confirmation at phone from Panel Clinic on 12th June 2019 that reports has been submitted to CIC.

Just checked our GC account on 20th June 2019 & profile was showing updated but there was no new message, medical was passed. After 24 hours we got correspondence letter.

Today 21st we got Passport request along with the Medical Surveillance letter for dad. Going to Submit Passport tomorrow as our VFS does open on Saturdays half day.

If anyone knows anything about Medical Surveillance procedure at Airport during landing, please let me know. Thank you everyone for your help here.

Congrats!!! I'm glad it worked out after such a long wait.

Hopefully, I will receive an update soon on the application. We are expecting our second baby and really hope parents can be here before baby's arrival. We have no idea what to expect as there are no updates whatsoever.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!! I'm glad it worked out after such a long wait.

Hopefully, I will receive an update soon on the application. We are expecting our second baby and really hope parents can be here before baby's arrival. We have no idea what to expect as there are no updates whatsoever.
Thanks and wish you all the best!!

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
Hey, I was planning to invite my parents once I get my PR card.

My parents (live in India) don’t have birth certificate. Is it necessary to give their birth certificate for visit visa/super visa?

What all Documents are needed for parents? Please share your experiences regarding this.

Thank you!

jomar1113

Sep 12, 2014
Hi Guys,

I applied for my mother super visa, here is timeline:

Application Submitted Online - May 27, 2019
Application Received - May 27, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 28, 2019
Biometrics Done - May 29, 2019
Biometrics Expiry Date - May 29, 2029 (no letter)
Medical Request - June 18, 2019
Medical Exam done - June 19, 2019
Medical Passed - waiting

Will post update as soon application status change.
Pls update us if your mom receives her acknowledge letter.

Seagull

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,
1. Just wanted to know if the invitation letter needs to be Notarised.
2. Can we buy super visa medical insurance online and how many days it takes to receive the policy doc.
3. Which insurance company is better.
Thanks..

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
Hi,
1. Just wanted to know if the invitation letter needs to be Notarised.
2. Can we buy super visa medical insurance online and how many days it takes to receive the policy doc.
3. Which insurance company is better.
Thanks..
Just from my experience:
1. I did not get my invitation letter notarized.
2. Yes, lots of companies you can select. I used Manitoba Blue Cross and I got the policy via e-mail and then via mail days later.
3. They all are fairly similar but this is based on your preference.

Note: Make sure you buy one year's worth of coverage. I bought for what I thought was the period my mother-in-law was traveling and my application was refused.

But new application submitted as of June 21. Fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: Seagull

Seagull

Sep 27, 2018
Just from my experience:
2. Yes, lots of companies you can select. I used Manitoba Blue Cross and I got the policy via e-mail and then via mail days later.

Note: Make sure you buy one year's worth of coverage. I bought for what I thought was the period my mother-in-law was traveling and my application was refused.

Thanks for the reply and Best of Luck for the new application.

Seagull

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,
I want to buy medical insurance for super visa online. I have come across TNinsurance.ca
I would appreciate your help in suggesting any reliable agent/ website from where you have bought your insurance for super visa..
Thanks

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hello

Applying supervisa. We don't have any properties back home and my mom is at home and I support her for the money. She is widow as well. What are the options that I can use or show ties back home for visa?

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Just from my experience:

Just got a letter for my mother-in-law to complete a Immigration Medical Examination. That was fairly fast turnaround after the insurance coverage situation and reapplication. Not having been through an examination before... is this a good sign? And what are the types of things your application can get rejected for?

Thanks,

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Hi,
I want to buy medical insurance for super visa online. I have come across TNinsurance.ca
I would appreciate your help in suggesting any reliable agent/ website from where you have bought your insurance for super visa..
Thanks
Hi. I purchased mine online through Manitoba Blue Cross. I got email that day (June 18) I applied online with the insurance policy. I received the paper policy in the mail yesterday (June 25). Pretty easy process.... can't comment on pricing as I did not really do too much price shopping.

Reactions: Seagull