+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only my husband received his letter to the Oath Ceremony

calmontes

Apr 14, 2016
Hi There,

In case it has happened to someone else. My husband received his invitation to the Oath Ceremony last April 07 (the letter said April 01st) to go to the Oath Ceremony on April 18 (next Monday in Mississauga). However his online status only changed to Decision Made, and nothing else has been updated indicating a letter was sent, exact same thing for mine but I didn't received the letter (maybe is lost in the mail?)...

I tried contacting CIC to no avail. I'm worry that today is Thursday, the ceremony is on Monday and I don't have an invitation letter, of course I'm going to the ceremony but I am wondering how do they know who is attending? do they have a list of people expected to attend? or only with the letter I can participate in the ceremony? the letter says you need to present it at the ceremony.

Thank you

alahoy

Mar 5, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2008
calmontes said:
Hi There,

I tried contacting CIC to no avail. I'm worry that today is Thursday, the ceremony is on Monday and I don't have an invitation letter, of course I'm going to the ceremony but I am wondering how do they know who is attending? do they have a list of people expected to attend? or only with the letter I can participate in the ceremony? the letter says you need to present it at the ceremony.

Thank you
They have a list of oath takers (attendees) on that schedule and they will check your supporting documents so they will know who's incomplete (e.g. missing Record of Landing) that may defer issuing of Citizenship certificate.

calmontes

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks for your reply!!! I do have all the documentation and I'm planning to bring it with me, hopefully I'm on the list :D

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
family applications are always together unless you requested file splitting due to some issues. If one person is blocked then the family unit's application is blocked unless you request that file splitting is ok.
Dont worry, Call the call center and explain the situation.
In any case do go for the ceremony and talk to the citizenship staff and they will be ale to help you on the spot.
take all the documents you submitted with your application along with whatever has been requested from your husband.

amardeepm2000

Feb 5, 2013
Hi There,

In case it has happened to someone else. My husband received his invitation to the Oath Ceremony last April 07 (the letter said April 01st) to go to the Oath Ceremony on April 18 (next Monday in Mississauga). However his online status only changed to Decision Made, and nothing else has been updated indicating a letter was sent, exact same thing for mine but I didn't received the letter (maybe is lost in the mail?)...

Thank you
Hi there,

Same thing happened to me. did you both take Oath at same time or you had to wait.