+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV app submitted. Can I walk-in to NYC consulate to collect visa?

bobokiki

Feb 28, 2013
Hello All,

I've been several posts on this forum and people seems are very helpful here. But I don't find a lot information about the online applications and it seems that the rules changed a bit in 2013. I am wondering if anybody can give advice on my situation?

I applied for TRV online on Jan 30th and it's been a month now. They emailed me on Feb 20 asking for my H1B approval letter (which was not requested on the checklist when I applied) and I upload the file on the same day. After that I sent a couple emails to check my status but only got automatic responses (just as everybody else).

I have booked my flight next Tuesday and I really really need my passport back asap. I read on the previous posts that people can walk in to the NYC consulate to get their passport (with visa stamped) back. But I heard walk-ins are no longer allowed in 2013. Is that true??? Anybody have any experience in 2013? Can I bring my passport to the NYC consulate and request them to process it??? Any suggestions guys????

thank you all!!!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Read here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

1.Passports and original documents will no longer be returned in-person. All passports and documents will be returned by mail. Refer to the Mailing Instructions.

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
any follow-up?

bobokiki said:
Hello All,

I've been several posts on this forum and people seems are very helpful here. But I don't find a lot information about the online applications and it seems that the rules changed a bit in 2013. I am wondering if anybody can give advice on my situation?

I applied for TRV online on Jan 30th and it's been a month now. They emailed me on Feb 20 asking for my H1B approval letter (which was not requested on the checklist when I applied) and I upload the file on the same day. After that I sent a couple emails to check my status but only got automatic responses (just as everybody else).

I have booked my flight next Tuesday and I really really need my passport back asap. I read on the previous posts that people can walk in to the NYC consulate to get their passport (with visa stamped) back. But I heard walk-ins are no longer allowed in 2013. Is that true??? Anybody have any experience in 2013? Can I bring my passport to the NYC consulate and request them to process it??? Any suggestions guys????

thank you all!!!

ranjitksubramanian

Feb 26, 2013
Applied online - 02-15-2013
Received notification for sending passport - 03-15-2013
My passport reached Los Angeles Consulate on Monday (03-18-2013) - 11:40 AM
LA Consulate stamped it on Tuesday (03-19-2013) and sent it to USPS - 03:30 PM
I received passport back on Wednesday (03-20-2013) morning 10:35 AM