+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Spousal Work Permit.

newhere78

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
hello,

I have applied for my spousal open workpermit online, i paid my fee via credir card and got the confirmation as well, but my application is still not transmitted yet......and its almost 5 days

Could you guys share your experience of applying online ......as whether your application got transmitted right after you made your payment?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello , I applied online for self and spouse open wp in Jan 2013 . As far as I remember we need to click on some button ( Continue ) after paying fees and then it sends/transmits the application . But I got file number next day . App # field gets populated in the My CIC website with file number . You can also see Submission Confirmation in the My Messages section .

Just check if u have uploaded all the required documents or not in the Checklist section.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
newhere78 said:
hello,

I have applied for my spousal open workpermit online, i paid my fee via credir card and got the confirmation as well, but my application is still not transmitted yet......and its almost 5 days

Could you guys share your experience of applying online ......as whether your application got transmitted right after you made your payment?
could you share what documents you have attached with spouse open work permit application

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for both ( Myself and Spouse ) by online application . So you can say I sent all the documents which might be applicable to me and spouse together.

If u want to apply online please check following :

www . cic . gc . ca /ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

For Paper application Check this link :

www . cic . gc . ca /english/information/applications/work.asp

Remove the spaces between dots as this website was not allowing me to paste link

As per my understanding following docs might be required ( Considering that Husband/ Wife is already working in Canada and Spouse wants to join him/her in Canada ):

• Marriage License/Certificate.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Offer of employment in Canada.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Employment Contract in Canada.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Pay Stubs of Last 3 months to prove that you are working there in Canada and can support your spouse.
• Proof of Funds .

• Your Spouse Passport or travel document.
If using passport, include a copy of
• the page that birth date, country of origin, etc.
• any pages with stamps, visas or markings etc.

• Photo Graph as per specifications
• IMM1295 Application
• Additional Family Information Form IMM5645
• Purpose of travel - A Plain letter by your spouse where spouse can explain that why he/she wants to go to Canada to join his/her spouse.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
O_Canada said:
I have applied for both ( Myself and Spouse ) by online application . So you can say I sent all the documents which might be applicable to me and spouse together.

Remove the spaces between dots as this website was not allowing me to paste link

As per my understanding following docs might be required ( Considering that Husband/ Wife is already working in Canada and Spouse wants to join him/her in Canada ):

• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Pay Stubs of Last 3 months to prove that you are working there in Canada and can support your spouse.
• Proof of Funds .

• IMM1295 Application
• Purpose of travel - A Plain letter by your spouse where spouse can explain that why he/she wants to go to Canada to join his/her spouse.
one more question i know i am bugging you sorry but one thing could you please tell me i am studying in canada my semister will start from may,can my spouse open work permit get easily approved without offer letter?,cuz i saw on website that spouse of student does nt need offer letter for work permit....or can you tell me what can he explain in spouse letter that why he got to canada?can you have any sample of the spouse letter if u have kindly email me plz

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
one more question i know i am bugging you sorry but one thing could you please tell me i am studying in canada my semister will start from may,can my spouse open work permit get easily approved without offer letter?,cuz i saw on website that spouse of student does nt need offer letter for work permit....or can you tell me what can he explain in spouse letter that why he got to canada?can you have any sample of the spouse letter if u have kindly email me plz

You don't need any job offer if you are applying for spousal open work permit.

@O_Canada
are both of you in Canada or outside Canada?

is it possible to submit TRV extension (I am in Canada with a PGWP) and an initial spousal open work permit made outside Canada in one online application?

Have you got any response from CIC office regarding your application?

Did you include schedule 1 form in your application so that you can get TRV in addition to your work permit when approve?

My spouse qualifies for open work permit ( I am a skilled worker NOC "O"), but I am not sure if TRV will be easier to obtain outside Canada so that when she arrives here in Canada, we can apply for the open work permit; what are your thoughts?

Please all suggestions are welcome from anybody who wants to share his or her experience.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
O_Canada said:

• Proof of Funds .

• IMM1295 Application
how much funds he can show with sowp application?requesting for the letter of spouse if u have kindly email me

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ sqazi

You don't need any job offer / employment contract if you are applying for spousal open work permit. You need to submit a copy of your student WP.

For Permanent Residence CIC wants us to have around 14000 CAD$ for Two people. So I was assuming the same thing here that CIC might want two ppl to have around 14000 CAD$ . Its my rough guess not a correct one.

Also show your and your husband's bank balance , his current job proof , his strong ties with his home country which justifies to CIC that he will come back to home country upon completion of this work permit.

Regarding Letter Template mine is different than yours because mine was Open Work Permit for a provincial nominee applicant my spouse gave the reason that she wants to stay with me as dependent spouse .

Your husband can mention that he wants to join you in Canada because you are studying here in Canada and he wants to live with you and to support you. Google it you will find template.

@ mac2000gh

I am not in Canada so it is a New WP Application made outside Canada for Open WP for self and spouse through MyCIC portal .
From 15, Dec 2012 onwards CIC has started accepting online applications for WP from outside Canada as well.

I am not sure if u can send both the applications in one go through MyCIC because yours is WP Extension case and for your spouse it is new Open WP application . It should not be a problem . But you can try and prepare a checklist online by following this link and see if it works this way .

Otherwise you can have two different online applications one for your TRV/WP extension and an another one for your Spouse OWP.

I believe Medicals is not required in your case because u are already in Canada , but she needs to get her Medicals Done in either case if she applies for Travel Visa or Open WP . Medical is required because she will be staying in Canada for more than 6 months.

If things are confusing in online application then follow the Paper Application Method . In Paper application method it will be easy to explain and attach all the supporting documents.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
O_Canada said:

• Proof of Funds .

• IMM1295 Application
Quote from: deep_bh on August 16, 2012, 08:51:39 am
I have not submitted my Passports after Medicals through VFS.
I have couriered them to the Visa Office at ND and received confirmation of receipt.

please dear i want to apply for spousal open work permit what should i write following option please guid me. as my education b.com and MA (ECONOMICES) NOC 6211 CATAGORIES. but applying for spousal open work permit , i dont have job offer. i m workind as a sales supervisor in UAE LAST 4 YEARs AND wife is studying in canada please guide

Open work permit ( spousal open work permit no job offer) LMO IMM 1295

QESTION FOR SPOUSAL OPEN WORK PERMIT IF ( A OR B) WHICH IS CORRECT.
1) Details of intended work in Canada
a, open work permit
b, other (if tick the other what and where should write to understand spousal open work permit. )

WHAT SHOULD WRITE IN THIS OPTION

2, DETAIL OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER

a, name
b,address

3, intended location of employment in Canada.

4, My occoputation in Canada will be
a, job tittle

5, duration of expected job duration
c, labour openion market no.

thank you in advance brother

from my husband

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
O_Canada said:

• Proof of Funds .

• IMM1295 Application
Hi sorry for bugging u again n again

please dear i want to apply for spousal open work permit what should i write following option please guid me. as my education b.com and MA (ECONOMICES) NOC 6211 CATAGORIES. but applying for spousal open work permit , i dont have job offer. i m workind as a sales supervisor in UAE LAST 4 YEARs AND wife is studying in canada please guide

Open work permit ( spousal open work permit no job offer) LMO IMM 1295

QESTION FOR SPOUSAL OPEN WORK PERMIT IF ( A OR B) WHICH IS CORRECT.
1) Details of intended work in Canada
a, open work permit
b, other (if tick the other what and where should write to understand spousal open work permit. )

WHAT SHOULD WRITE IN THIS OPTION

2, DETAIL OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER

a, name
b,address

3, intended location of employment in Canada.

4, My occoputation in Canada will be
a, job tittle

5, duration of expected job duration
c, labour openion market no.

thank you in advance brother

sqazi

newhere78

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
O_Canada said:
Hello , I applied online for self and spouse open wp in Jan 2013 . As far as I remember we need to click on some button ( Continue ) after paying fees and then it sends/transmits the application . But I got file number next day . App # field gets populated in the My CIC website with file number . You can also see Submission Confirmation in the My Messages section .

Just check if u have uploaded all the required documents or not in the Checklist section.
Hello, I followed the same procedure, Pay and Transmit, and when a new window opened I entered my credit card info and it was successful and my credit card got charged, but never did I see any new window to transmit my docs, now I still see the docs are here, Do you think I should redo the procedure and pay again, what if it still remains there and nothing gets transmitted???

newhere78

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
What should I do, is there any email I could use to communicate with them cos their phone number sucks big time.............

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newhere78 said:
Hello, I followed the same procedure, Pay and Transmit, and when a new window opened I entered my credit card info and it was successful and my credit card got charged, but never did I see any new window to transmit my docs, now I still see the docs are here, Do you think I should redo the procedure and pay again, what if it still remains there and nothing gets transmitted???

I believe this Continue Button was on the same Page Once Receipt was generated after Online Payment through Credit Card. Frankly saying I do not remember what were the options after payment, When I paid online the online receipt was just showing Text , Images etc were missing it was like text document and I clicked on one button to continue further and it transmitted the application.

Can you see what happens if you Press Next Button ? Is this website asking you to pay again ?

If this website is asking you to pay again then I believe no point in paying 150 CAD$ again . Better to apply through Paper Application method and you can attach this Payment Receipt with the Paper application as proof of payment and they can let you know if they are going to accept this payment or need separate Payment of 150$ . This is just my thought and I am not an Immigration expert , but I think this is the only logical way of sending your application without paying again.

memadhud

Feb 3, 2013
In open work permit form there is a section for "Details of intended workpermit in canada" in this they have asked whick permit you need to apply i ticked open work permit but in rest section they have asked details about prospective employer in canada which i donot have as i am a spouse of a study permit holder and need permit to start work so what do i fill in those columns.should i leave it blank and validate the form or say N/A .....can you help me with filling this form......