+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Spousal PR application

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Hello, I initially prepared for a paper application so I have all my documents populated in a PDF. I came across online portal option. Is the MM 1344 and IMM 5532 different or the same?

Leelebanon

Dec 15, 2021
Please, is it a must that a PR holder apply for PR for his spouse outland. Can’t we apply for a Work Permit? Is there any law against it?

Asingh95

Star Member
Nov 19, 2021
Please, is it a must that a PR holder apply for PR for his spouse outland. Can’t we apply for a Work Permit? Is there any law against it?
Yes you can only apply for a work permit if you have applied for their PR. Either you send it with the pr application or you do it after you sent the application.

Leelebanon

Dec 15, 2021
Yes you can only apply for a work permit if you have applied for their PR. Either you send it with the pr application or you do it after you sent the application.
Thank you, so once I submit, i can go ahead to apply for her work permit?
N.B: She is not in the country

Asingh95

Star Member
Nov 19, 2021
Thank you, so once I submit, i can go ahead to apply for her work permit?
N.B: She is not in the country
Its a little contradictory . My bad. Mostly its for inland applicants only. But you can always seek legal advice from a lawyer cuz I am not one. But I strongly suggest either you just apply for Pr for her or you apply for a visitor visa for her and once she is here, you can apply for both pr and open work permit together. Thats your best bet.

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hello, how did you complete IMM 5406 in Native language? I am applying online and not sure where to enter Native language. response will be appreciated.
Hi, try changing the language of keyboard .I had Mac n was able to change language setting of keyboard n after struggling a bit with the local language was able to get it. For windows similar settings should be there

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, try changing the language of keyboard .I had Mac n was able to change language setting of keyboard n after struggling a bit with the local language was able to get it. For windows similar settings should be there
Thank you for this - I was curious why so many were having trouble with this, it didn't occur to me the issue was they didn't know they could type in other languages in the box.

Small additional note: for those who can't fit the full name in both languages, include a short letter of explanation with this info in both languages. I suppose if someone can't figure out how to type in that foreign language, you could write by hand and scan it. (This will be subject tknowing how to scan and add additional info - and if one doesn't know how to do that, give up and apply by the old paper hard copy method.)

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
how do I save the files that we populate online?

fahira

Nov 17, 2021
I checked and it gives me the same message as you got. However, there have been instances when application was returned due to no signature. I would suggest you to be safe and print/sign/scan/upload. Turn around time for applications return is running around the same as AOR (around 60ish days).
I did that also .could not risk it.lol

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Is there anyway to add documents after submission? I want to submit letter from my employer but can access the application now. I submitted last year Notice of Assessment and last 3 bi-weekly pay stubs. Do you think the missing employer letter will be an issue? Also, how do I submit the letter now?

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
I am applying for Family Class - Outland. I don't have application number and which office is going to process my application. What should I select for the following Questions in the webform at this stage of application.
1) Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?
(Yes or No)
2) If I say Yes, Choose the visa office processing your application. or is it No at this stage?
Any thoughts?