+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Oath - Docs needed

skepchick

Jul 16, 2017
Hi,
Is the COPR needed during the virtual oath? Or just the PR card and a piece of identification? The verbiage in the oath invite has confused me a bit.

Thanks!

Sasrivas

Nov 10, 2021
Could someone please post the links to identity docs that would be acceptable? I have a foreign passport and a valid PR card. Want to confirm if they would be sufficient.

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Could someone please post the links to identity docs that would be acceptable? I have a foreign passport and a valid PR card. Want to confirm if they would be sufficient.
They say a PR card can be used if the second piece is Canadian-issued ID. Please see below.
This is what is written in the invitation:

/
FOR REGISTRATION – once you join the Zoom session

- Your seat number (at the top of this email);
- All of the original documents in your possession: your permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or your confirmation of permanent residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688), as well as your record of landing (IMM 1000), if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002 and have one;
- (If applicable) The permanent resident card for each of the minor children associated to your application, whether they participate in the ceremony or not);
- 2 pieces of personal identification (ID):
  • one must have your photograph and signature on it, e.g. driver’s license, health card
  • one of them can be your Permanent resident card, if your second piece of identification is Canadian federal, provincial or territorial issued ID
  • foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued
  • if they’re not in English or French, you must provide a translation with an affidavit from the translator
  • minors are not required to show identification with a signature;
Examples of pieces of identification can be found here: Show identity, Minors - Gather documents;

- (If applicable) Your Personal identification (ID), if you are the parent/guardian who submitted/signed the application on behalf of a minor child;
- A good pair of scissors as you will be asked to cut up your Permanent Resident card during the session with an employee.
If you do not have all items in the checklist above, you may not be able to complete the video oath ceremony.
/

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
Is the COPR needed during the virtual oath? Or just the PR card and a piece of identification? The verbiage in the oath invite has confused me a bit.

Thanks!
Depends on the officer and the office.

I was asked for my COPR even though I had more than enough IDs (DL and Health card and valid PR card). I was asked to write "Holder is no longer a Permanent Resident" on my COPR at the end of the ceremony.

Reactions: Hapique

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Can someone explain the complete process of the oath ceremony day - or guide me to the right post/thread please

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015