+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Form Signatures

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
Hello,
I'm applying for open work permit under working holiday program through myCIC. I gathered most required documents and I almost completed filling in the forms (IMM1295 application, IMM5645 family information and IMM5707 family information). However, all of them have signature sections that I can't type in. I tried clicking all around them it's just impossible to put anything in there. There's only place to select the date of signature. How am I supposed to sign these documents?

I found similar question on the Internet and somebody replied to just leave it blank and fill in the date. Is it what I'm supposed to do? It looks like it should be signed to be honest.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Print the form and sign it. If the signature wasn't needed by CIC, then they wouldn't have provided the space for it. By signing, you are agreeing that the information you have provided is true.

Good luck!

Vikfee

Sep 10, 2014
jubear said:
Print the form and sign it. If the signature wasn't needed by CIC, then they wouldn't have provided the space for it. By signing, you are agreeing that the information you have provided is true.

Good luck!
He is not suppose to sign anything. At the end of the application it will appear the step to do electronic signature. Do not print, sign and scan forms !

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
Vikfee said:
He is not suppose to sign anything. At the end of the application it will appear the step to do electronic signature. Do not print, sign and scan forms !
Yeah, I'm pretty sure these forms aren't supposed to be printed then scanned. So this electronic signature.. should it appear while filling the form? Or should I leave this space blank and upload it then electronic signature will pop up and I would confirm that everything I uploaded is "signed"? This is so confusing.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are submitting online (which you didn't indicate to us), then don't bother printing. Just include date. You will then electronically sign at the time of submission and payment of fees.

However, if its a mail application (which can be filled and printed), then you will have to sign the forms before you mail them.

I hope its now clear to you.

Cheers!

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
Okay, thanks! They should really make separate forms for online applications. Without this confusing signature section.
Honestly, I wasn't sure If I even can apply in other way than online. On IEC application process for Working Holiday says to apply through myCIC - so online. I did not even consider other option, try to follow instructions very strictly hahaha.

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
Just thought about this. So, can I apply in local embassy? It might actually be simpler than doing it online, and I'd feel more confident I did everything as I was supposed to. Before I thought I don't really have a choice and have to apply online.