+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes, I believe it's 30 days. IMO, it's not sufficient to gather health records summary in a month time especially during Covid and holidays
Request for a copy in advance. It is extremely likely that they'll ask you for provincial health summary report for your eligibility period, which is a constant.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I just received my AOR and I still ordered my provincial health claims summary from Ontario.

The reason why you should immediately order it is because your eligibility period is a constant and it doesn't change. So far, the health claims summary is being asked for either the entirety of your eligibility period OR between the date you became PR and the date you submitted your citizenship application.

There is no reason I see for you to not order your provincial health claims summary right away for the entirety of your eligibility period. This will cover you as you are very likely to receive a request to submit documents for the periods I discussed above. In case they ask for a different period, you can order again but it is unlikely that they will ask you to submit health claims outside your eligibility period.
I certainly hope not, as I became a PR in 1985 and there is no way I can provide all documentation for all those years.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Oh boy, that is a lot of documentation to collect. Paystubs? Could we not just submit our yearly notice of assessment?
My coworker said he just submitted his T4s and NOA. I checked with our HR and they said that should suffice.
I haven’t been asked for any documentation yet. If I do have to submit some, I plan on using T4, NOA, and maybe just the paystub from December for each year. I can’t image they’d want hundreds of paystubs.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I'm in Manitoba, I have no idea who or how to get a health summary, can anyone guide me please?

Thank you!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My coworker said he just submitted his T4s and NOA. I checked with our HR and they said that should suffice.
I haven’t been asked for any documentation yet. If I do have to submit some, I plan on using T4, NOA, and maybe just the paystub from December for each year. I can’t image they’d want hundreds of paystubs.
I plan on writing my test on Friday, but now I'm freaking out about the document request - when I applied I applied with minimal info as I no longer had a passport from my childhood and never left Canada. (I've since gotten a Polish Passport after being in limbo and stateless ugh). My form was a poor copy of a long form PR visa that they no longer do, I didn't have a PR card...it was a mess...so just to think of them asking for things that don't exist gives me great anxiety. There was a lot of explaining I did in my application... as I had to, being a PR for over 34 years and not having any kind of identity documents.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I certainly hope not, as I became a PR in 1985 and there is no way I can provide all documentation for all those years.
I plan on writing my test on Friday, but now I'm freaking out about the document request - when I applied I applied with minimal info as I no longer had a passport from my childhood and never left Canada. (I've since gotten a Polish Passport after being in limbo and stateless ugh). My form was a poor copy of a long form PR visa that they no longer do, I didn't have a PR card...it was a mess...so just to think of them asking for things that don't exist gives me great anxiety. There was a lot of explaining I did in my application... as I had to, being a PR for over 34 years and not having any kind of identity documents.
Well, the maximum you can get asked for is documentation for the entirety of your eligibility period. This would be 5 years from the date you signed your citizenship application. Don't worry, you are not going to be asked documentation for 35 years LOL.

The reason why I said 'from the date you became PR' before is because for a large majority of people, the date they became PR is close to 3 - 4 years from the date they signed their citizenship application. In this case, we would not have documentation for the period outside of that. For instance, I became a PR in June 2017. I signed my application on August 31st 2020. So for me, the time when I became PR falls well into the 5 year eligibility period. It would make sense for the officer to ask me for documents from June 2017 (when I actually started living in Canada) rather than from August 2015 (a period when I was not in Canada).

Last edited:
Reactions: his*marty

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I'm in Manitoba, I have no idea who or how to get a health summary, can anyone guide me please?

Thank you!
The for health summary, letter says this:

Provincial/Territorial personal health claim summary for each province/territory you have resided in during the period.

For information on how to obtain these records, please visit www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/delivery-prestation/ptrole/index-eng.php and click on your province or territory of residence for complete details and contact information.

if you go to that page, you’ll see links to the health ministries for each provience and territory. Click in that and do a search for health records. You probably come accross a form to fill out to request your health records. It’ll ask if you are requesting for yourself, what time period, and most likely why. I’m hoping that if they see it’s for a citizenship application, they’ll send it out quickly.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The for health summary, letter says this:

Provincial/Territorial personal health claim summary for each province/territory you have resided in during the period.

For information on how to obtain these records, please visit www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/delivery-prestation/ptrole/index-eng.php and click on your province or territory of residence for complete details and contact information.

if you go to that page, you’ll see links to the health ministries for each provience and territory. Click in that and do a search for health records. You probably come accross a form to fill out to request your health records. It’ll ask if you are requesting for yourself, what time period, and most likely why. I’m hoping that if they see it’s for a citizenship application, they’ll send it out quickly.
Yes, i've been searching all kind of key words and I'm coming up empty handed. lol.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Don’t worry yet. My advice, take your test and then see if you get the email asking for more documention. They seem to send out the emails very quickly. Don’t stress out. Relax and tackle the test first. :)
I started another thread asking if anyone took the test and oath without being asked for the extra documents and someone did respond saying that there are some people who didn’t get asked for docs. So, there’s a chance that you might not have to deal with this.
Since you are taking the test so soon, a few days delay of sending out the request isn’t going to hurt you. You get 30 days from when you get the letter.
The IRCC is actually pretty reasonable when it comes to dealing with late paperwork when it’s out of the applicant’s control. During the whole PR process a ton of Americans weren’t able to get the background security requests within the time period because that was taking months. The IRCC recognized this and as long as you sent in a letter of explaination and a copy of the request form that was sent, they were fine with waiting for the security report.

• Love

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Yes, i've been searching all kind of key words and I'm coming up empty handed. lol.
Yeah, kind of annoying the don’t provide the form names or links to them. Really, it’s only 13 places they need to do this for. I took a quick look for you. Not sure if this is it, but I found this:

https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/phia/docs/roua.pdf

What I would do, is call the IRCC and ask if this is the correct form.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah, kind of annoying the don’t provide the form names or links to them. Really, it’s only 13 places they need to do this for. I took a quick look for you. Not sure if this is it, but I found this:

https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/phia/docs/roua.pdf

What I would do, is call the IRCC and ask if this is the correct form.
This page should contain everything you need to know. The details in here are very clear.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/phia/public.html

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Don’t worry yet. My advice, take your test and then see if you get the email asking for more documention. They seem to send out the emails very quickly. Don’t stress out. Relax and tackle the test first. :)
I started another thread asking if anyone took the test and oath without being asked for the extra documents and someone did respond saying that there are some people who didn’t get asked for docs. So, there’s a chance that you might not have to deal with this.
Since you are taking the test so soon, a few days delay of sending out the request isn’t going to hurt you. You get 30 days from when you get the letter.
The IRCC is actually pretty reasonable when it comes to dealing with late paperwork when it’s out of the applicant’s control. During the whole PR process a ton of Americans weren’t able to get the background security requests within the time period because that was taking months. The IRCC recognized this and as long as you sent in a letter of explaination and a copy of the request form that was sent, they were fine with waiting for the security report.
Thank you for the advice, I hope I don't get asked and maybe considering I've been here so long they won't? lol Anyways, I just wanted to get some ducks in a row just in case!