+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It's like the 5 stages of grief... first whine loudly on these forums, then complain to any family & friends who will listen, then enjoy the gorgeous weather biking with your kids, then get home and turn on some good music, and finally open a bottle of nice wine ;)
I am still in stage one o_O The road ahead is still long :rolleyes:

Sb1511

Apr 23, 2021
Hi
I have given my online citizenship test. After I passed the test, it says that the results are not final yet and will be informed. How long does it take to get the final results if you passed the test and if the photos were validated? I have read comments where people had to retake the test. Thank you in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi
I have given my online citizenship test. After I passed the test, it says that the results are not final yet and will be informed. How long does it take to get the final results if you passed the test and if the photos were validated? I have read comments where people had to retake the test. Thank you in advance.
Give it a few days. Normally, validation happens in a couple of days but might take a while for some applicants.

Sb1511

Apr 23, 2021
I used my PR card as my ID for citizenship test. But it does not have mu signature. Is it okay? Did anyone else also used their PR card and test was accepted?

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Hello everyone ...

I have a question: I am preparing to take my test in the next few days ... But something is scaring me:

Several times in a few topics on this site, I have met people who complain that their test was canceled because of the image quality not very clear ... Or for the quality of the photo of the identity document not very clear, or the photo that should be taken at the start of the test of the person ...

These stories bother me because the built-in camera that I have in my laptop is not excellent, not very high resolution (0.9 MP 16: 9 1280 * 720 as better quality in windows 10 settings for images. .. The quality is better for the videos, but it seems to me that the citizenship test takes pictures randomly during the test, and not videos, does it?).

- Is there a risk that my test will be refused because of the quality of my integrated camera?

- Are there any minimum resolution specifications for the camera that are required by IRCC? (No indication on their site).

Thank you.

, Piotr.

Reactions: visa_4all

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone ...

I have a question: I am preparing to take my test in the next few days ... But something is scaring me:

Several times in a few topics on this site, I have met people who complain that their test was canceled because of the image quality not very clear ... Or for the quality of the photo of the identity document not very clear, or the photo that should be taken at the start of the test of the person ...

These stories bother me because the built-in camera that I have in my laptop is not excellent, not very high resolution (0.9 MP 16: 9 1280 * 720 as better quality in windows 10 settings for images. .. The quality is better for the videos, but it seems to me that the citizenship test takes pictures randomly during the test, and not videos, does it?).

- Is there a risk that my test will be refused because of the quality of my integrated camera?

- Are there any minimum resolution specifications for the camera that are required by IRCC? (No indication on their site).

Thank you.

, Piotr.
Webcams are generally not of good quality.

The pictures of the ID I took were not of the best quality. There was some blurring here and there but the important details - Name, DOB and the ID number (Health Card) were visible clearly. You shouldn't have any issues if you can click a picture where the aforementioned items are visible clearly.

However, there is always that inherent risk of being asked for a re-test because of VERY POOR quality photos (unreadable and the officer cannot even see the name, DOB, for example) but that's for most people with a regular webcam.

So, don't sweat it. You can keep taking pictures until you are happy with the final version and then proceed.

Good luck!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello everyone ...

Thank you.

, Piotr.
Have you tried to take photo of your IDs on the webcam offline? If yes, could you read the details on them like the name and such? I purchased a webcam specifically for the test, but the pictures of the IDs were still blurry. These webcam were not designed for this purpose. I think they understand this, but I read some people took the test again because of it, while others were asked to submit photos of their IDs only. It all depends on the officer I think.