+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This! The office might require PDFs (like in my case), and free scanner apps for the phone can do just that.

if for some reason you don’t have easy access to a smartphone or scanner, I guess that’s when you request for an extension or alternative method
I believe I can convert normal images to PDF without any scanner app. Would that work?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
How did the give you a hard time? What was the problem?
Since im from UAE , i was under 18 so I had student visa but i was a residence, later i purchased a working visa although i was not working . It was really hard to explain the officer. She said u were working ? i said No , she said then why u have a job ? :eek:

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay everyone, mystery solved. I just received an email from IRCC titled "Notice to Appear" saying that I've been invited to an MS Teams interview to further the processing of my application. The email also contains an attachment, CIT520, reqquesting all scanned pages of my passport on the basis that IRCC "needs more detailed information from you (me) to determine if you (I) meet the physical presence requirements to become a Canadian citizen."

Should I be worried? I'm telling myself that I shouldn't be because several people in this forum were invited to the same type of interview and seemingly had no problems...

Oh yeah, IRCC didn't even give me the interview time, or send the link to the interview portal... Seriously, what on earth is going on?
Nothing to worry this is just the next step for most people. Open the email on your computer for some reason the date/ time wasn’t visible on my iPhone. If it’s really not there just email back and ask the officer.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Okay everyone, mystery solved. I just received an email from IRCC titled "Notice to Appear" saying that I've been invited to an MS Teams interview to further the processing of my application. The email also contains an attachment, CIT520, reqquesting all scanned pages of my passport on the basis that IRCC "needs more detailed information from you (me) to determine if you (I) meet the physical presence requirements to become a Canadian citizen."

Should I be worried? I'm telling myself that I shouldn't be because several people in this forum were invited to the same type of interview and seemingly had no problems...

Oh yeah, IRCC didn't even give me the interview time, or send the link to the interview portal... Seriously, what on earth is going on?
make a journal of exit entry stamps, make sure u have a valid reason for travel.

Reactions: Hapique

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Can there be an invalid reason for travel? Does all travel have to be "government approved"?
Yeah...I don't think I need to make a journal because I checked my GCMS notes when I ordered them almost three months ago and IRCC have been able to account for 3/4 visits I've made in the last ten years, and I have stamps proving the duration of the 4th visit wasn't accounted for in my passport.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Yeah...I don't think I need to make a journal because I checked my GCMS notes when I ordered them almost three months ago and IRCC have been able to account for 3/4 visits I've made in the last ten years, and I have stamps proving the duration of the 4th visit wasn't accounted for in my passport.
Do you mind sharing how to confirm their decision in accounting visits from the GCMS notes?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
they will ask you about the gaps most likey or just verify your status of the place you travelled to and why and some information about your family.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

In the body of the IRCC interview invitation I noticed that, in addition to wording related to questions about language and residency, "You (I) will also be asked to answer any concerns we (IRCC) may have about your (my) application in order to help determine if you meet all the requirements for citizenship.

Now I'm worried that IRCC has concerns about my application. Has anyone seen similar wording in their interview invitation letters? Am I going crazy and reading too much into this whole process?!

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Hi everyone,

In the body of the IRCC interview invitation I noticed that, in addition to wording related to questions about language and residency, "You (I) will also be asked to answer any concerns we (IRCC) may have about your (my) application in order to help determine if you meet all the requirements for citizenship.

Now I'm worried that IRCC has concerns about my application. Has anyone seen similar wording in their interview invitation letters? Am I going crazy and reading too much into this whole process?!
Nothing to worry, its verification of ur documents, got worried too, its like a job interview u know u get nervous but in the process u will be fine..just make sure all ur documents u included un ur citizenship application is close to u..like everything...so its handy...goodluck...ur almost at the end of the finish line;)