+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
This disclaimer basically covers IRCC (I think)..

Exceptional circumstances are defined as circumstances outside IRCC’s control such as, but not limited to

• unforeseen system disruptions and/or failures
  • natural disasters
  • emergency situations that cause
    • a closure of an office
    • a reduction in the service offerings within the office, or
    • a surge of applications outside the department’s control that causes a disruption to the normal operation of an office
  • unforeseen office closures
  • labour disruption
  • third-party service and/or service provider service interruptions or delays, where IRCC does not have a contractual agreement with the service provider
  • major legislative and/or policy changes enacted by foreign governments
I guess they can always say COVID is an exceptional circumstance. BTW, how would you trigger this refund? is it automatic? I was trying to find how we could initiate this process but no luck.
It says you don't have to apply - it is automatic....

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
First the tacker then email two weeks before the interview:
Kitchener Office (Paper)
Application Sent: Apr 30th, 2020
Application Received: May 12th, 2020
AOR: Nov 6th, 2020
In-Process: Dec 14th, 2020
BG Completed: Feb 15th, 2021
Test Invite: Nov 1st, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 12th, 2021 (Outside)
Ghost Update: Feb 4th, 2022
Interview Request: Mar 8th, 2022
Interview Email: March 15th, 2022
Interview Date: Mar 31st, 2022 (Outside)
Language skills completed: Apr 1st, 2022
DM: Pending
Oath: Pending
What did they ask in Interview. I have same timeline as yours background check and citizenship test completed and then there was ghost update on my file on feb 14, no update after that.

Sudaksh

Jun 29, 2021
Citizenship Application:
Type of application: Family x4
Application Received: Sep 3, 2021
Application Filed: Oct 22, 2021
Fingerprints required: Feb 28, 2022
Fingerprint results Received: Mar 6, 2022
Citizenship test activity status updated: Mar 16, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test (between March 21, 2022, and April 10, 2022): Mar 16, 2022
Background verification - Completed - Mar 29, 2022
Citizenship Test completed: Apr 10, 2022

Awaiting for an update now. Language Skilss, Physical Presence, Prohibitions, and Citizenship Test - (all) In progress

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
This disclaimer basically covers IRCC (I think)..

.... BTW, how would you trigger this refund? is it automatic? I was trying to find how we could initiate this process but no luck.
It says here "There is no need for a client to contact the department to request a remission if the service standard is not met. The remission will typically be issued by July 1 of the following fiscal year via the method of original payment, or by cheque for payments that are not made online."

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hi Marty! I got the same case like you. I emailed bacj the rescanned Photo ID that was blurry right away. But it has been 5 days now and I still haven't received a reply yet. After you submitted a clear copy of tge Photo ID, were you able to skip of retaking the exam and went on to oathtaking?

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
I never had to resubmit anything and my initial photo was accepted.

ratotheju

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,
I did my online test today and passed. After I passed the test, there are two things that are freaking me out.
1. I used my PR card as my id proof for the picture and it was very tricky to get a clear picture. However my pr card has no signature and the instructions say that we need to use ID card with signature on it
Would that be a problem?
2. I did not open any new tabs once I started the exam. However there were two tabs opened previously.i.e one tab had the email to which the test link was sent and the other tab was the exam registration tab. Do you think this would be a problem?
I has same problem as yours, have you had any issues or did you get your oath next?

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Hi guys
I have done my interview last month.
The tracker has not been updated since. Only test and BG are completed.
I have been told in interview that they review my application and if they need anything they will let me know.
Is this normal that one month has passed and nothing updated?

Reactions: Dreamlad

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hi All, Just wanted to confirm if anybody has the same scenario as mine: Below are my timelines

Applied on: November 15th, 2021.
Application received: November 19th, 2021.
AOR: Jan 19th, 2022.
BG Complete: Feb 20th, 2022.
Citizenship Test Request: April 8th to April 28th, 2022.
Test Given: April 9th, 2022.

After that, I have not seen any update in the system, I don't see the status of the test updated in the system.

Awaiting for an update now. Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions, and Citizenship Test - (all) In progress

Reactions: takolami

Hi All, Just wanted to confirm if anybody has the same scenario as mine: Below are my timelines

Applied on: November 15th, 2021.
Application received: November 19th, 2021.
AOR: Jan 19th, 2022.
BG Complete: Feb 20th, 2022.
Citizenship Test Request: April 8th to April 28th, 2022.
Test Given: April 9th, 2022.

After that, I have not seen any update in the system, I don't see the status of the test updated in the system.

Awaiting for an update now. Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions, and Citizenship Test - (all) In progress
Similar. Test taken on Apr 11. BG Completed last month. No updates after test (everything in progress except the Ceremony)

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
I was never able to sign into the old system so I don't know when it says DM for me - It doesn't show on the new system as far as I can tell.
What error did you have when trying to log in the old system. They just require 4 pieces of basic info which you should have:
- Identification Number (UCI)
- Surname/Family Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

I think it's a wait-and-watch situation then.No sure why is it taking time in updating the status of the test. Would you know about the next steps pending after the test?
From what I've seen, if the test result is marked valid, the next step is mostly just the Oath invite (assuming BG has been completed.)

Reactions: andy_2016