+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Citizenship Application: Do you need a scan of all pages of your passport?

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hi,

For the online citizenship application, do you just need the BIO page of the passport or all pages of the passport covering the last 5 years?

Reactions: snoopyta

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

For the online citizenship application, do you just need the BIO page of the passport or all pages of the passport covering the last 5 years?
1. When all else fails, read the instructions. In the Document checklist

Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hi

1. When all else fails, read the instructions. In the Document checklist

Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
Thanks. But the document checklist is for physical applications not online applications.

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
I just completed my citizenship ceremony last week. Just prior to decision made, the local citizenship office asked for a scan of ALL pages of my passports. Current one, the previous one, and the one I used when I first applied for PR. So maybe scan all your pages even if you don't need to submit it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: cool_eagle

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
I just completed my citizenship ceremony last week. Just prior to decision made, the local citizenship office asked for a scan of ALL pages of my passports. Current one, the previous one, and the one I used when I first applied for PR. So maybe scan all your pages even if you don't need to submit it yet.
Congrats on the ceremony. If you don't mind me asking. Did you have to submit a translation for foreign stamps and affidavit for the passport ? Also what if the person's passport expires by the time he receives citizenship, will they ask for a new valid passport then ?

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
Congrats on the ceremony. If you don't mind me asking. Did you have to submit a translation for foreign stamps and affidavit for the passport ? Also what if the person's passport expires by the time he receives citizenship, will they ask for a new valid passport then ?
1. The request letter states that a translation is needed for docs not in English or French, with an affidavit from the translator (unless the translator is certified in Canada).
2. The request letter also states: "If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide an explanation."

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
1. The request letter states that a translation is needed for docs not in English or French, with an affidavit from the translator (unless the translator is certified in Canada).
2. The request letter also states: "If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide an explanation."
Thanks, really appreciate your help

satishkumar432

Aug 23, 2011
Ive submitted online application and included on the bio pages.. i was surprised to see the paper requiring all the pages.. now since ive already submitted do i need to send the complete passport pages again? just checking to make sure they dont come back with another query.. @farmerofthedell did you apply online and included only the few pages?

Jiajia4

Mar 27, 2023
Hi @satishkumar432, if you don't mind, can you please share an update on what happened after you only included the bio pages for your online application?

I'm in the same situation right now, and I'm just thinking whether I should send the complete passport pages :(

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: yasirhashmi15

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi @satishkumar432, if you don't mind, can you please share an update on what happened after you only included the bio pages for your online application?

I'm in the same situation right now, and I'm just thinking whether I should send the complete passport pages :(

Thanks a lot!
I did. Might as well be proactive so they don’t have to ask for it later, should they want them, and delay the process.

bamiistobi

Jan 21, 2024
Congratulations on the ceremony! I also submitted my scanned passport documents three weeks ago after receiving a similar email. I'm interested to know the time it took for you to receive the ceremony email after submitting your scanned passports. Thank you.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Congratulations on the ceremony! I also submitted my scanned passport documents three weeks ago after receiving a similar email. I'm interested to know the time it took for you to receive the ceremony email after submitting your scanned passports. Thank you.
Hi @bamiistobi How did you submitted your all passport pages? during the online application, I only submitted bio page...

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Yes.. you should. I have seen many cases were delayed for 2 months just because of that. If you want o avoid loosing extra time then you need to attach it and make sure it's clear and clean.

all the best