+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application_ Hotel Booking Cancellation and Biometrics Status not updated

Ameena.Ahmad

Sep 23, 2017
Egypt
Hello Everyone,

I need your valuable advice...

I have applied online from Egypt on 26-August-2017...gave my biometrics on the 28th..Till today my biometrics status is not updated..but changed from " we need your biometrics to we have not received your biometrics"...what does this mean!

Also, i have included with my application a hotel booking and i have just cancelled it because it was from 26-09.

Shall i inform IRCC with this cancellation or not ....taking in consideration that i have sent them several inquires regarding my biometric status and each time they direct me to contact Cairo Visa Office; whom directed me to Ankara Visa Office..the one responsible for handling online applications from Egypt.

Many Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You'll need to contact the VAC to which you had given your biometrics to check if it was forwarded to the correct visa office. Do you have a tracking number?

No, you don't need to inform IRCC about cancelling your hotel bookings. In fact, it is not advisable to make any bookings (including for flights) before a visa is issued

Ameena.Ahmad

Sep 23, 2017
Egypt
You'll need to contact the VAC to which you had given your biometrics to check if it was forwarded to the correct visa office. Do you have a tracking number?

No, you don't need to inform IRCC about cancelling your hotel bookings. In fact, it is not advisable to make any bookings (including for flights) before a visa is issued
I contacted VAC-Cairo and they confirmed sending the biometrics in the same day to Ankara Office...i also send Ankara Office the whole issue..but no response...

I applied online..a trip arrangements like hotel or flight bookings is a requirement..thats why i submitted one..i will follow ur advice in this issue....many thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What does the Background Check status say?

You can email the Ankara visa office to confirm whether the biometrics have been received + send a Case Specific Enquiry next week (to request for an expedited decision or if you need to provide any additional documents/information for the visa office to make a decision)

Reactions: Ameena.Ahmad

Ameena.Ahmad

Sep 23, 2017
Egypt
Hi Bryanna,

My background status is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

I already sent Ankara Office an email, they confirmed receipt by auto-reply saying that they might not respond because of the high volume of applications they are receiving.

By the way, this is my second time for application. I applied before but on paper and takes Cairo Office 2 weeks to reach a decision (refusal)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Ameena,

The message confirms that your biometrics were received by the Ankara visa office. So that's sorted.

As for the background checks, that could take any length of time. It won't help to even guess. If you had applied (first time) quite recently then it's possible that background checks were done earlier.... could be completed faster this time

Cheers

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi, I have the same situation exactly, I even applied at the same date, biometric was not showing completed, background check under process,,,,, I even had to change the the booking ..... nothing to do other than waiting I guess :(