+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application

mhk16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
hey guys, i too applied on the 3rd of June online. no update after applying. Did not get an upfront medical, as i didnt know how slow the process is, supplied the mediacl through the IRCC web forum. I thought I was the only one, but it seems we are all in the same boat.
Hi
I applied for my VISA on 8 June and till now haven't received any update on medical instructions. Can I go for an upfront medical and upload it on IRCC webform..?? I did a blunder of answering the question "have you lived or visited any of the designated counties in the past 6 months?" as No instead of Yes. I googled the designated countries and it didn't show India in this. So I didn't get the IMM5753 form in the documents to be uploaded list. It was the request for medical. Really worried as I have not received any damn update from CIC and it has already been 6 weeks.

sabisco

Jul 20, 2017
Hi
I applied for my VISA on 8 June and till now haven't received any update on medical instructions. Can I go for an upfront medical and upload it on IRCC webform..?? I did a blunder of answering the question "have you lived or visited any of the designated counties in the past 6 months?" as No instead of Yes. I googled the designated countries and it didn't show India in this. So I didn't get the IMM5753 form in the documents to be uploaded list. It was the request for medical. Really worried as I have not received any damn update from CIC and it has already been 6 weeks.
hey,
i don't think you made a blunder, there was no IMM5753 form in the documents otherwise aswell. review your application online and see what have you written, don't give any false information and if some thing is wrong write to the the canadian embassy through the IRCC web form explaining them what went wrong, or the update to your application. I am facing the same problem, I thought they would inform me to get a medical or something like that, but I guess I was wrong. So currently, I think you should go and get a medical done tomorrow itself, dont waste any time from the designated medical institute, which which you will find online on their site. the medical is valid for 1 year. upload the medical and any other information, if you want, throught the IRCC form, you will get an option to upload. cheers, i hope this helps.

here is the link if you need it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

mhk16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
hey,
i don't think you made a blunder, there was no IMM5753 form in the documents otherwise aswell. review your application online and see what have you written, don't give any false information and if some thing is wrong write to the the canadian embassy through the IRCC web form explaining them what went wrong, or the update to your application. I am facing the same problem, I thought they would inform me to get a medical or something like that, but I guess I was wrong. So currently, I think you should go and get a medical done tomorrow itself, dont waste any time from the designated medical institute, which which you will find online on their site. the medical is valid for 1 year. upload the medical and any other information, if you want, throught the IRCC form, you will get an option to upload. cheers, i hope this helps.

here is the link if you need it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
So your medical status changed to Passed when you uploaded the medical results on the webform.

sabisco

Jul 20, 2017
it has not, but this is the only thing that can be done, so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Brightsparrow

Jul 18, 2017
Just a question if you could help me... I used my uncle (who doesn't live in Canada) as my main sponsor.... And I am very terrified my visa might get rejected... Do you know anyone in a similar situation and his/her visa got accepted through uncle sponsorship.... Thanks

Hi Bambino, I am also being sponsored by someone, my sister and I am 29 years old. Have you had any replies from the visa office.

Tushar123

Jul 12, 2017
As we all know online application is simple and faster but still students prefer applying offline. Is there any specific reason or advantage applying offline.

ae47

Mar 20, 2017
As we all know online application is simple and faster but still students prefer applying offline. Is there any specific reason or advantage applying offline.
It looks like offline is actually faster if you are applying from India. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, you are supposed to send your passport along with a paper application, which is sent back immediately after a decision is made. So it saves the transit time of sending the passport after approval - which is the case when you apply online.

Secondly (and this applies only to India), their processing time has gotten very high for online applications in recent months. It has been almost 8 weeks since I applied and I have no response from them.

Tushar123

Jul 12, 2017
It looks like offline is actually faster if you are applying from India. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, you are supposed to send your passport along with a paper application, which is sent back immediately after a decision is made. So it saves the transit time of sending the passport after approval - which is the case when you apply online.

Secondly (and this applies only to India), their processing time has gotten very high for online applications in recent months. It has been almost 8 weeks since I applied and I have no response from them.
True
Now I really think it makes sense to apply offline.
Online application is not reliable.

Reactions: ae47