+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application for Work Permit

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
hi i have applied my work permit application in jan 2014 any one knows how long does it take we applied through vfs Islamabad and after applying online status is still in process and after applying we haven't hear any thing from them it was noc a category
thnks

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
KRMALIK said:
hi i have applied my work permit application in jan 2014 any one knows how long does it take we applied through vfs Islamabad and after applying online status is still in process and after applying we haven't hear any thing from them it was noc a category
thnks
My wife also applied for an online work permit on last February 22, 2014 to CHC Islamabad and yet to hear anything since then. Which date did you applied?

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
fkl said:
It could be 15 days to a month. I am not sure about status "passed" means they have approved the medicals, or just that medical report has been "passed" i.e. received. So it might take longer if they have issues with report. Be patient.
hi fkl,

i already apply from india on march 7 online application on OWP, i got my medical request on march 27, its says passed on april 10, from than onward i m still waiting for my PPR, since one month i am waiting for it. its almost 1 month after medical request, is there any chance of rejection or more chances of approval, pls fkl help me.

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
hi fkl,

i already apply from india on march 7 online application on OWP, i got my medical request on march 27, its says passed on april 10, from than onward i m still waiting for my PPR, since one month i am waiting for it. its almost 1 month after medical request, is there any chance of rejection or more chances of approval, pls fkl help me.

Thanks
Hi Chirag,

If it is one month since you underwent medicals, you should email embassy asking for update.

I assume you already know of the moratorium on food related professions and your NOC is different.

That's all i can say.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
fkl said:
Hi Chirag,

If it is one month since you underwent medicals, you should email embassy asking for update.

I assume you already know of the moratorium on food related professions and your NOC is different.

That's all i can say.
Thanks for replying fkl i am not from food profession my job category is NOC B as a physio assistant
do you know how long they take to give their decision what are the chances of rejection?????

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
Thanks for replying fkl i am not from food profession my job category is NOC B as a physio assistant
do you know how long they take to give their decision what are the chances of rejection?????
No problem. It is very hard to generalize how they respond and it varies from embassy to embassy. It could take 10 days or it could take months. But refusal after medical is far rare (assuming you didn't do upfront medical). My feeling is that since you have been over a month since medicals, you should hear back any day - hopefully positively. In any case, you should ping once a month at least.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
fkl said:
No problem. It is very hard to generalize how they respond and it varies from embassy to embassy. It could take 10 days or it could take months. But refusal after medical is far rare (assuming you didn't do upfront medical). My feeling is that since you have been over a month since medicals, you should hear back any day - hopefully positively. In any case, you should ping once a month at least.
Thanks a lot fkl my medical request was on 27 of march and n show passed in April after all I also filed CAPS notes it's says in processing now

MrsKhurram

May 9, 2014
Hi All,

I would appreciate If I get reply of my confusions details of my case is as follows;

My husband is in Canada pursuing his post doctorate and I have applied for OWP online on March 11, 2014, I received email for Bio metrics scan within a month and I went to Lahore for the purpose on April 01, 2014. Status has been updated on the same day that Bio metrics received.

Its about 40 days now and I haven't received medical call yet.

1. Can anybody help assessing timeline for medical exam please?

2. I am expecting as well, Is it an issue for the grant of OWP?

3. When I applied processing time of application was 4 months, I saw updated information today for Pakistan it is now 6 months. Which processing time will be applicable to me.

4. What would happen to my application If my baby born prior to final decision of my application?

Regards

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
alijumani said:
My wife also applied for an online work permit on last February 22, 2014 to CHC Islamabad and yet to hear anything since then. Which date did you applied?

I SUBMITTED PAPER BASED APPLICATION ON 25 JAN 2014 AND STILL AWAITING FOR RESPONSE
FROM EMBASSY KEEP UPDATED ABOUT UR STATUS THANKS

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
MrsKhurram said:
Hi All,

I would appreciate If I get reply of my confusions details of my case is as follows;

My husband is in Canada pursuing his post doctorate and I have applied for OWP online on March 11, 2014, I received email for Bio metrics scan within a month and I went to Lahore for the purpose on April 01, 2014. Status has been updated on the same day that Bio metrics received.

Its about 40 days now and I haven't received medical call yet.

1. Can anybody help assessing timeline for medical exam please?

2. I am expecting as well, Is it an issue for the grant of OWP?

3. When I applied processing time of application was 4 months, I saw updated information today for Pakistan it is now 6 months. Which processing time will be applicable to me.

4. What would happen to my application If my baby born prior to final decision of my application?

Regards
Hello Mrs Khurram,

My wife applied online for SOWP on February 22, 2014 and very next minute she got a biometric request which she gave on February 24, 2014. Since than she yet to hear anything from CHC ISLAMABAD. We emailed to CHC regarding status of application and got reply our file is in queue to be review by VO and the processing time from Islamabad CHC is 6 months so you should be hear something by july.

I would highly recommend you to go ahead and do your medical upfront with the permission of your family doctor if he/she allowed you to. During pregnancy it is highly unlikely to do X-Ray. Do your medical ASAP if your doctor allowed you, otherwise send an emil to CHC regarding the medical situation they will going to give you an extension for medical.

You must email CHC Islamabad and tell them that you are expecting, they will tell you what forms and documents you should give them for your baby.

Hope this help.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
KRMALIK said:
I SUBMITTED PAPER BASED APPLICATION ON 25 JAN 2014 AND STILL AWAITING FOR RESPONSE
FROM EMBASSY KEEP UPDATED ABOUT UR STATUS THANKS
Will do.

MrsKhurram

May 9, 2014
alijumani said:
Hello Mrs Khurram,

My wife applied online for SOWP on February 22, 2014 and very next minute she got a biometric request which she gave on February 24, 2014. Since than she yet to hear anything from CHC ISLAMABAD. We emailed to CHC regarding status of application and got reply our file is in queue to be review by VO and the processing time from Islamabad CHC is 6 months so you should be hear something by july.

I would highly recommend you to go ahead and do your medical upfront with the permission of your family doctor if he/she allowed you to. During pregnancy it is highly unlikely to do X-Ray. Do your medical ASAP if your doctor allowed you, otherwise send an emil to CHC regarding the medical situation they will going to give you an extension for medical.

You must email CHC Islamabad and tell them that you are expecting, they will tell you what forms and documents you should give them for your baby.

Hope this help.
Thank you alijumani for guidance, I am going to email CHC Isbd. accordingly.

CP0314

Jun 12, 2014
hi everyone!,

I really need help for re application of work permit,
I was refused by cic due to current work status and financial status. I've attached COE, recommendation, contract of my local employer. I don't know what additional information will I provide. and for the financial status, I also don't know what are the documents for this, since some of friends did not provide proof of funds during their application and their Visa got approved.
in addition, my LMO expired last June 11, can I apply again even if the LMO was already expired?

I'am planning to apply again and I need answer ASAP!, please Help me..
thanks in advance

feyan

Feb 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, everybody,

i need your help on clarifing online application.

i am Chinese and i am residing in China right now, my lawyer in Canada help me to submit my application online and inside Canada. now my question is :
does the process time is 15 days or 3 months?
15 days is current Applications Submitted Inside Canada process time
3 months is current process time of Beijing embassy

Regards,