+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online application and visa stamp

ericclapton

Jan 28, 2013
Hello all,

New here, thanks for keeping this excellent forum up and running!

I've applied for a temporary resident (visitor) visa online, via MyCIC. I live in New York. The application went through, fees were charged, and I'm waiting for a response now. A couple of questions for those of you who have gone through this:

- What's the process after / if the application gets approved. All I've done I've done online, will I have to mail my passport or present myself at the consulate AFTER this?
- Any idea what a typical waiting time would be?

Thanks again,

- E.

Miaozhaoclari

Jan 28, 2013
I just did the same thing today. I also live in New York. So they stopped doing live interviews? That's way faster.......don't know how I have to wait for them to reply. Plus when I was uploading my documents. You can't upload multiple documents for one category.....so I felt like its hard to get my visa proved with little documents. Does anyone know if they still do live interview? Can I just bring my confirmation letter of online application submission? Thanks a lot.

ericclapton

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks for your responses!

I received the confirmation today, asking for the passport... they haven't mentioned whether there is a drop box or the passport can be dropped in person though, does anyone know?

Miaozhaoclari: no, no live interviews at all. It's disappointing, the process went from being a 1-day thing to taking over a month. :(

unaseem

Nov 26, 2008
Calgary,AB
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
11 April 2011
Doc's Request.
RPRF and updated history on FEb 20, 2013
Nomination.....
PNP -Alberta
AOR Received.
Sept 2,2011
File Transfer...
16 MAY 2012 to Ottawa and In process on 26 July 2012
Med's Request
Sept 29,2011
Med's Done....
OCT 06,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 27, 2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 06, 2013
ericclapton said:
Thanks for your responses!

I received the confirmation today, asking for the passport... they haven't mentioned whether there is a drop box or the passport can be dropped in person though, does anyone know?

Miaozhaoclari: no, no live interviews at all. It's disappointing, the process went from being a 1-day thing to taking over a month. :(

How many days in total, it took to receive request to submit your passport...........

ericclapton

Jan 28, 2013
unaseem said:
How many days in total, it took to receive request to submit your passport...........
It took 18 days from the day I completed the online application until I received instructions to mail my passport. I guess my "over a month" bit was quite an exaggeration, assuming the passport will get back to me soon enough...

unaseem

Nov 26, 2008
Calgary,AB
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
11 April 2011
Doc's Request.
RPRF and updated history on FEb 20, 2013
Nomination.....
PNP -Alberta
AOR Received.
Sept 2,2011
File Transfer...
16 MAY 2012 to Ottawa and In process on 26 July 2012
Med's Request
Sept 29,2011
Med's Done....
OCT 06,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 27, 2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 06, 2013
thanks for reply

saransarraju

Jan 30, 2013
What do you mean by 18 days?

Is it 18 working days? I have followed the same process from India but have not heard back from cic. Its been 20 working days and they have not asked me to submit my passport.

What do you think? Did you receive request to submit passport from cic directly as online update to your application in mycic account?

Please let me know what can I do.. I am so worried. Website said it takes only 3 days processing time.

gubat

Feb 1, 2013
from the site you can check the processing times for application done inside and outside canada.

Anna88

Feb 2, 2013
Hello!
I also applied on-line and received an email stating ' Original Passport Required' but that's all I can see. Whenever I click on the topic of the message nothing is happening- I can't read it. I wasn't given any instruction when and where to provide my passport...my flight to canada is in 25 days so I'm getting stressed now. Did the same thing happen to you or you were able to view the content of the email?
Please please please let me know asap

Paradooks

Feb 3, 2013
Hi,

When you click on the "original passport" link, "To view this message, click here" message will be appeared almost below it. Make sure you check the whole page. By clicking on the "here" link, you'll be able to view or download the instructions in a pdf formatted file which you need to attach to your passport and send them to CIC.

Cheers

Anna88

Feb 2, 2013
THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know how come I didn't see it before:)

blissbee

Jan 16, 2013
Hi all,

Thanks for running this web site. I applied through online form for visitor visa with the help of this forum. It took totally 16 days(including weekend) from the day I submitted to the day I received an email from CIC to send the passport to them. It is quite faster.

saransarraju

Jan 30, 2013
I have applied online TRV (visitor) and received request to appear for medical examinations, submit passport right after 20days of filling the application.
Can anyone please specify how long does it take now to get visa stamped after undergoing medicals and submitting passport?

Please let me know if anyone has idea.
thanks