+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online app, passport request - VFS India questions

Mar 25, 2010
Hello,
My father applied online for a TRV and got the request letter to submit the passport.
From the letter, it seems he would need to send the passport to the nearest VFS centre in India.

My questions are:
1. Whom does he address the pp to in VFS Ahemdabad (neareast VFS office)?
2. WHen VFS receives the pp, do they provide any kind of confirmation or receipt number?
3. Is there any way to track the pp?
4. Is there any recommended courier to use to send this to VFS?
5. Are there any VFS processing fees involved? If yes, how to pay them? via draft? how much?

Just want to make sure that when my dad sends the pp to VFS; the correct department receives it and forwards it to New Delhi consulate?

OR, should he directly send the pp to New Delhi Consulate?

Thanks in advance!!

SNRAO

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
India - Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013
AOR Received.
15-Oct-2013
Med's Request
15-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
15-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2014
LANDED..........
26-09-2014
If you haven't got the answers yet, please study my reply

He needs to physically carry his PP & submit it to VFS
Yes they will provide an acknowledgement
There is a link to the tracker on their website which I feel can be used
You are not supposed to courier your PP, its illegal
Please check the VFS website, it provides detailed info abt the fee for each category. http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/visafees.html

Regards,
Rao

logicisoverrated said:
Hello,
My father applied online for a TRV and got the request letter to submit the passport.
From the letter, it seems he would need to send the passport to the nearest VFS centre in India.

My questions are:
2. WHen VFS receives the pp, do they provide any kind of confirmation or receipt number?
5. Are there any VFS processing fees involved? If yes, how to pay them? via draft? how much?

Just want to make sure that when my dad sends the pp to VFS; the correct department receives it and forwards it to New Delhi consulate?

Thanks in advance!!

Naila Iffat

Mar 25, 2014
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and I have applied for a visit visa to Canada online, along with my mother, father and son (my husband will not be accompanying us). We have made a group application under my father's name and uploaded all the documents online, & paid the fees as well.

In about a week's time my mother and father got a 'passport request letter'. I, on the other hand, got an email requiring an NOC from my husband regarding my son's travel and an ID proof of my husband. The email mentioned a link for any further correspondence and there was an option in it for uploading the new documents. I have already done that and it's been a week but I haven't got mine or my son's 'passport request letter' yet.

Does anyone have an idea how long this could take. We want to send all the passports together for visa stamping. Any ideas/tips would be really helpful! Thanks!

Sep 17, 2013
I understand that he applied online..so where did you submitted passport..personal visit to vfs or courier to delhi visa office?

logicisoverrated said:
Hello,

My questions are:

Thanks in advance!!

samjohn_nic

Aug 6, 2014
Hello, I recently got my passport request letter. I was jut wondering whether courier is an option in India? Has anyone of you done it? If so which is courier service is the best option? Or should I submit my PP in person at the nearest VFS? Please advice. Thank you!

Sam.