Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
21st of June, 2012 InshAllah!!!
Hey guys!
Need your advice. I would like to find out if someone already create online bank account in Canada?
As far as I know I can do it through RBC, but dont know how :D Is there any other bank who provides this kind of service.
I need this account for POF when embassy will request our passports for visas :)

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Saida,

I don't know from which country you are. Please find whether there is a Scotiabank branch in your city or anywhere in the country where you live. If there is one contact them. Otherwise please find here how to open an online account. But I am not sure whether you can open account in a particular Canadian branch where you prefer.

www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,346,00.html

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Saida said:
Hey guys!
Need your advice. I would like to find out if someone already create online bank account in Canada?
As far as I know I can do it through RBC, but dont know how :D Is there any other bank who provides this kind of service.
I need this account for POF when embassy will request our passports for visas :)
Check HSBC

Saida

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2010
Doc's Request.
28/10/10
Nomination.....
In Process 18/11/11
AOR Received.
15/02/11
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
30/11/2011 Newbor medical 17/03/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
wilson said:
Hi Saida,

I don't know from which country you are. Please find whether there is a Scotiabank branch in your city or anywhere in the country where you live. If there is one contact them. Otherwise please find here how to open an online account. But I am not sure whether you can open account in a particular Canadian branch where you prefer.

www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,346,00.html
Thank u for your advice, but as I understand this service only for China and India...
I am form Azerbaijan.

T

torontonian999

Salam Saida xanim,

I guess you are very close to being issued your visa. Congrats :)

With respect to online banking, you usually would have an online banking if you open a Canadian bank account. However, I don't think you can open a bank account in Canada unless you are physically present here. And I don't think you need to show proof funds from a Canadian bank when you land. Hope that helps. Good luck!!!

Saida

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2010
Doc's Request.
28/10/10
Nomination.....
In Process 18/11/11
AOR Received.
15/02/11
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
torontonian999 mualim,

Thanks a lot!
Do u think that officer will not ask me to show POF while landing?
Also as far as I understand u are form Azerbaijan? If yes so great :)
Where r u now? Already passed all this immigration steps and now in Toronto?

traumasurgeon

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
28-10-2010
IELTS Request
28-10-2010
Med's Request
20-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2012
Hi Saida,

We had the same timelines from Ankara so any news for ppr?

Saida

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2010
Doc's Request.
28/10/10
Nomination.....
In Process 18/11/11
AOR Received.
15/02/11
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
traumasurgeon said:
Hi Saida,

We had the same timelines from Ankara so any news for ppr?
Not yet, but I had postponed this request otherwise because of newborn.
We r expecting for newborn in 5 weeks, well send them updated papers.
Dont worry none did not got there pps yet who has the same timeline.
I know 3 families here who passed medicals with us. And they r expecting POVL as well :)

traumasurgeon

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
28-10-2010
IELTS Request
28-10-2010
Med's Request
20-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2012
Thanks for the reply and hope god will bless your baby on the way

T

torontonian999

Saida said:
torontonian999 mualim,

Thanks a lot!
Do u think that officer will not ask me to show POF while landing?
Also as far as I understand u are form Azerbaijan? If yes so great :)
Where r u now? Already passed all this immigration steps and now in Toronto?
Hi Saida xanim,

I am not saying the officer will not ask for POF. Just saying that the POF doesn't have to be from a Canadian bank, because, obviously you are not in Canada yet, so you don't have to show a bank account from Canada.

Yes, from Azerbaijan, however, came to Toronto as a student 10 years ago.

Hope you get your PPR soon :)

Lionsher

Apr 3, 2010
Hi Saida,

Hope U R doing fine. Just one question: How you showed to Immigration Officer the Settlement of Funds as during the time that you applied you could show the Property Document and now according to new rules this will not work and one need to show the funds being in Canadian Bank or Western Countries Banks.

Thanks in advance

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saida said:
Hey guys!
Yes , you have a good opportunity with RBC follow the link below
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pofopen-a-bank-account-in-canada-before-landing-t83875.30.html

Saida

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2010
Doc's Request.
28/10/10
Nomination.....
In Process 18/11/11
AOR Received.
15/02/11
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
Lionsher said:
Hi Saida,

Hope U R doing fine. Just one question: How you showed to Immigration Officer the Settlement of Funds as during the time that you applied you could show the Property Document and now according to new rules this will not work and one need to show the funds being in Canadian Bank or Western Countries Banks.

Thanks in advance
Not exactly.
U have to show real money upon landing or your account in any Canadian bank. But mostly officer dont ask u about it.
But when I will got POVL before visas I will show them account in local bank for 4 person.
Have to send this paper with my passport.

Lionsher

Apr 3, 2010
Saida said:
Not exactly.
U have to show real money upon landing or your account in any Canadian bank. But mostly officer dont ask u about it.
But when I will got POVL before visas I will show them account in local bank for 4 person.
Have to send this paper with my passport.
Proof of settlement funds
Certain immigrants are required to provide proof of funds prior to receiving their visas. Family Class applicants are exempted from this requirement.

Proof of funds can be either Traveller's Cheques, or a bank statement.

Please be advised that evidence of property ownership is not sufficient for proof of settlement funds. Settlement funds must be available and transferable.

Traveller's Cheques:
Traveller's Cheques can also be presented as proof of settlement funds (photocopies of traveller's cheques are acceptable).

Bank statements:
It should be issued by a bank confirming that you have the required amount of money on deposit in your name in Canadian funds or equivalent. We accept bank statements confirming accounts held either in Canada, or in any other Western country or in a local branch of a bank headquartered in a Western country (Citibank, Raiffeisen Bank, etc.). You must submit the original bank statement (not a photocopy) or a fax sent to you directly from the bank. The bank statement must be in English or French, on a bank letterhead and signed, and should contain the following information: account number, account holder’s name, amount and currency. In addition to each bank statement please provide a 6 month account transaction history. We cannot accept a bank statement issued more than 30 days before the submission of your current proof of funds.

If you happen to travel abroad to North America or Western Europe, you can open a bank account during your travels. Sometimes it is possible to open a bank account by mail. Some Canadian banks are aware of our requirement that potential immigrants have bank accounts, and will offer this service by mail. You should contact the banks directly in order to obtain the necessary information and instructions. The Consular Section of the Embassy of Canada (not the Visa and Immigration Section) can assist in preparing the documents needed for opening a bank account in Canada.

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
Saida said:
Hey guys!
Dear sister Saida,
If you have HSBC bank there then you can open that will be easy because an officer from local HSBC will verify your signature on the account opening application form. You can open account with RBC also but in that case you have to go to Canadian embassy to verify your signature(you have to sign in front of them). Once account opens then you can register to make on line banking. Bank will later send you Debit card so you can withdraw money. Take care,