+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One Year Window (OYW)

samerphilip

Jul 11, 2017
Why should I not return since I am not the main applicant for refugee claim. My wife is the main applicant by the way all the family members written on thier landing papers src does that mean all of them can not return back to home country ?!!!! It seems unreasonable.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess the main difference might be between him being added to his wife application when she was applying for her PR and him being sponsored by his wife after she became PR.

However in both cases leaving abroad for a long period of time (like for 3+ years), can be problematic and result into not meeting RO obligations.

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I am new in Canada, I am here under the One Year Window. My wife (who is refugee and PR in Canada) made me a sponsorship under that window to bring from Iraq where I was living. Now I want to go back to Iraq because I have a work there and I haven't got a job here. I bought a ticket but I am confused as heard that I could loose my status as PR in Canada. If I will not go back I will loose my job in Iraq too. So please could any one advise what should I do?
Also I am thinking if I loose my PR status in Canada can my wife reapply for me (after she have got a citizenship) for a family sponsorship?
Thank you in advance for anyone could help me.

Hi,

How long it takes for you application to process. I am from Iraq as well, I added my husband on my application and he still in Iraq. Could you please let me know how long it takes once they sent the applican to VO in Amman

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi all
Does anybody apply for
Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee in 2018 or 2019 and get accepted.

Please share if you applied