+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

RHOSH2007

Aug 30, 2016
OWP medical exam Done

hi everyone, is there anyone who can help us, i completed my medical exam for OWP and still awaiting for my additional test result done last aug. 1-3, 2016. and just recently we received our MEDICAL REQUEST for our PR Application. they Told us that medical result is valid for 1 year and i can use it for our PR application. But HOW? what are the procedures in order for us to inform the CIC that i already examined. Any Advise from you guys and please help us..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: OWP medical exam Done

RHOSH2007 said:
hi everyone, is there anyone who can help us, i completed my medical exam for OWP and still awaiting for my additional test result done last aug. 1-3, 2016. and just recently we received our MEDICAL REQUEST for our PR Application. they Told us that medical result is valid for 1 year and i can use it for our PR application. But HOW? what are the procedures in order for us to inform the CIC that i already examined. Any Advise from you guys and please help us..
Submit the receipt from the medical you already did.

StevieBeatbox

Aug 30, 2016
i'm going to be applying inland and will also be applying for an OWP at the same time, i have a solid job offer and will be including this in my application. Does anyone know if this would speed up my application for owp because i have a job offer? thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
StevieBeatbox said:
i'm going to be applying inland and will also be applying for an OWP at the same time, i have a solid job offer and will be including this in my application. Does anyone know if this would speed up my application for owp because i have a job offer? thanks
No, a job offer will not speed up your app.

Kanda

Oct 11, 2016
Hockeymama said:
Thank you so much.....agent has sent out a request to see where it's at, why delay is, but told us they cannot inquire for another 90 days after this last one they did....so just nerve wrecking to sit and wait and maybe WAIT another 90 days before they can inquire AGAIN? Just doesn't make sense.....either way...will wait a week or so and see if we can send in an email request OR as you say speak to local MP....
@hockeymama, Hi I am june 1st app (PR and OWP). We called and they said they cannot see a request for our OWP. So they sent a request and we have got no updates as well. Can you let me know what happened for you as this happened to you back in april?

Harrifer

Oct 20, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
The OWP can only be applied for online after AIP. If it is being submitted before AIP, it must be a paper app.

The OWP can be submitted at any point in the process and provided the applicant has valid status, it will be processed in 4-5 months.

Only those without status must wait until after AIP to apply.
So if a person on visitor status sends both spousal sponsorship PR application and OWP application together, how long will the OWP take? Still 4-5 months?

I thought that's what you meant, but I just want to be certain. :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Harrifer said:
So if a person on visitor status sends both spousal sponsorship PR application and OWP application together, how long will the OWP take? Still 4-5 months?

I thought that's what you meant, but I just want to be certain. :D
OWP issuance is 4 months-ish..

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
My Spouse applied for PR in Jan 2016 and got her OWP in May 2016. I just noticed her visitor visa already expired in October. I am planning to apply for visitor visa extension. Just wondering how long does visitor visa extension processing takes? Do you think if I have submit anyother additional documents(my pay statements, residential proof, etc) for visa extension other than those mentioned in the application package, Thanks!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mak31086 said:
My Spouse applied for PR in Jan 2016 and got her OWP in May 2016. I just noticed her visitor visa already expired in October. I am planning to apply for visitor visa extension. Just wondering how long does visitor visa extension processing takes? Do you think if I have submit anyother additional documents(my pay statements, residential proof, etc) for visa extension other than those mentioned in the application package, Thanks!!
She doesn't need one, unless the OWP is expiring too. The OWP serves as status in Canada (temporary foreign worker).

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
She is planning to travel outside Canada, so I am applying for visa extension.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mak31086 said:
With a valid OWP, there is no need to extend her visitor visa. She has legal status in Canada until the OWP expires, or she receives her PR.

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Ponga said:
With a valid OWP, there is no need to extend her visitor visa. She has legal status in Canada until the OWP expires, or she receives her PR.
Yes Ponga, We are planning to travel outside canada. She needs Visa for Re-entering Canada, thats why!! :(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mak31086 said:
Yes Ponga, We are planning to travel outside canada. She needs Visa for Re-entering Canada, thats why!! :(
If your spouse needs a visa to re-enter Canada, she is basically stuck in Canada until she obtains PR. Once she leaves Canada, her inland application is most likely to become void since she cannot re-enter Canada without a valid visa.

Carrying an OWP with an expires TRV in passport won't let you be able to re-enter Canada. Her visa has to be valid as well. OWP is meant for inland applicants. If wife leaves Canada, her OWP is also void on account that she is no longer "residing" in Canada and requires visa to re-enter Canada.

Only those who are visa exempted are able to travel outside Canada and re-enter Canada with an OWP since they do not need visa to enter Canada

My wife was under the same circumstances. Her TRV expired while she was in Canada awaiting inland application. She had "implied status" but still had to remain in Canada. She was basically "stuck" in Canada until she obtained PR. Had she left Canada for a short visit, she wouldn't be able to re-enter Canada on account that her TRV was expired.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hello everyone,

I would need your advice on the following:
Sent my PR app together with the OWP app in mid July. I was out of status at that time but later applied for restoration and now I'm ok. It's about 4 month now since I submitted my app so the question is:
1. will CIC process my OWP app within the normal timeframe because I am in status now or
2. will they consider 4 month-ish since the date my status was restored or
3. will they deny my app because at the time it was submitted I was out of status

Any thoughts? Has anyone been in this situation before?

PS: yes, I called CIC 3 times, 3 different answers so I don't trust the agents anymore...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
maria_mirabela said:
Hello everyone,

I would need your advice on the following:
Sent my PR app together with the OWP app in mid July. I was out of status at that time but later applied for restoration and now I'm ok. It's about 4 month now since I submitted my app so the question is:
1. will CIC process my OWP app within the normal timeframe because I am in status now or
2. will they consider 4 month-ish since the date my status was restored or
3. will they deny my app because at the time it was submitted I was out of status

Any thoughts? Has anyone been in this situation before?

PS: yes, I called CIC 3 times, 3 different answers so I don't trust the agents anymore...
My opinion:

1. Your OWP will be processed as normal from moment your status was restored.

2. Yes I would think the 4 month-ish process time is from the day your status is restored.

3. No. Your app will not be denied on account that you were out of status at time of submitted application.