+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year diploma and PR

najmumn

Mar 2, 2016
Dear folks ,
My score for EE is not fare enough and my job is not in demand list. So am planning to do one year diploma in Canada . Can I secure a job with the work permit after my study?
Share your thoughts...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear folks ,
My score for EE is not fare enough and my job is not in demand list. So am planning to do one year diploma in Canada . Can I secure a job with the work permit after my study?
Share your thoughts...
1. There is no "demand list" in EE, your experience just has to be in NOC A, B or O.
2. If you attend a 1 year course and the school is an eligible one. You would be eligible for a 1 year PGWP, which may not necessarily lead to PR status. Note if the school you attend is a private one, you won't get a PGWP.

Reactions: najmumn

najmumn

Mar 2, 2016
What is your background?
Thanks ,
I have completed my masters and worked for 4 years in NOC code 6551 and age is 27. So am planning for one year program that lead to a one year PGWP . Is it a good option to be considered ?

Expertadvise

Jul 1, 2017
Thanks ,
I have completed my masters and worked for 4 years in NOC code 6551 and age is 27. So am planning for one year program that lead to a one year PGWP . Is it a good option to be considered ?
I advised you to go for master in university it will also increase your visa chances since you have already had a PG level qualification.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thanks ,
But you still have not shared your education subject nor how that might relate to any course you plan to take

najmumn

Mar 2, 2016
But you still have not shared your education subject nor how that might relate to any course you plan to take
I completed masters in commerce with specialization in International business management and worked in a bank as Head teller.
After searching in Google I found banking and financial program in Access Business college and Financial services program in Canadore college .
Advice me ..
Thanks ..

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I completed masters in commerce with specialization in International business management and worked in a bank as Head teller.
After searching in Google I found banking and financial program in Access Business college and Financial services program in Canadore college .
Advice me ..
Thanks ..
If your goal is to secure Permanent Residency in Canada, you should go ahead with Express Entry because Canadian Education is comparatively expensive to foreigners and getting a year of PGWP after a year Diploma puts you in an awkward situation as you really have to work for one full year without any break and even then, your PR is not guaranteed. Since you already hold a Master's Degree and 4 years of work experience, I suspect it's your IELTS score which is keeping you away from good CRS score. You can comfortably score over 450 CRS points with your profile and good IELTS score. Do share your CRS score and IELTS score, people can guide you based on that information.

Reactions: najmumn