+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year consecutive employment needed for FSW Category 3?

AB81

May 5, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone know if the year's full time employment has to be strictly consecutive?
I have 20 months experience at the moment, but I had to stop working last summer for 2 months due to an error with my work permit. Therefore I don't have 12 consecutive working months.

Thanks in advance.

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should be fine but let seniors reply.

gradtexas

May 5, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010 CIO
Check the Operational Bulletin 173 - January 8, 2010 Ministerial Instructions - Clarification on continuous full-time experience and break in continuity of employment.

It reads ".... anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable... "

An example follows:

"For example, if an applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of the first contract, this break in continuity would be acceptable."

It seems that your case wasn't an anticipated short break. I'd say wait if you can for a couple more months to get to the solid 12 months.

AB81

May 5, 2010
hi,

thanks for this, I just read the information.
i had to stop working for 2 months due to an error in the handling of my work permit extension. however, when this was resolved i resumed work with the same employer. so my 20 months experience have all been with the same employer. however the break was not anticipated as i didn't know my HR department had made an error.
because of when the break occurred, i won't have 12 months solid experience at all.

do you think i could still apply?

gradtexas

May 5, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010 CIO
I would say apply away! What is the worst that could happen? CIO would say No and send your money back? I would let the seniors shed more light here.

AB81

May 5, 2010
i think that i will apply as i really have no other alterative.
thanks for your reply! I'd appreciate any other responses too!