+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One too many "An Error Has Occurred!" messages when posting/replying

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"The last posting from your IP was less than 30 seconds ago"

No, it was NOT less than 30 seconds ago.

Like many, I've chosen to stick around here and offer help, even though I've already completed the process of becoming a PR. These ridiculous SMF related errors have finally taken their toll on me, so...I will probably refrain from `jumping through the stupid hoops' (like logging out and back in, to trick they system...when it shouldn't need to be tricked), just to post a reply to what is likely a question that has already been asked and answered 50x already.

Maybe, Campbell Cohen, et al, should charge a small fee so that they can fix their antiquated website. ;)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ponga said:

Like many, I've chosen to stick around here and offer help, even though I've already completed the process of becoming a PR. These ridiculous SMF related errors have finally taken their toll on me, so...I will probably refrain from `jumping through the stupid hoops' (like logging out and back in, to trick they system...when it shouldn't need to be tricked), just to post a reply to what is likely a question that has already been asked and answered 50x already.

Maybe, Campbell Cohen, et al, should charge a small fee so that they can fix their antiquated website. ;)
The errors are caused by a transparent reverse-proxy possibly collocated at the hosting site. The SMF server sees the IP Address of the proxy(s) and not the actual poster's IP Address. Hence, with a many to few mapping, the clash with other posters is inevitable. And it drives me crazy too...

PS. Check the IP Address in the bottom right corner of your posts. Bet it isn't yours... Mine says 209.18.102.249

PPS. This is also how you can be temporarily IP banned even though you have done nothing wrong. Everybody using that particular proxy server gets banned at the same time.

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
Thank goodness someone else has said this! Most frustrating thing ever. It has absolutely stopped me from participating in conversations here because I just cannot seem to get my responses to post. If this posts it will be a miracle!

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Ponga said:

Even for someone who doesn't post as much this has been an issue - and we're all indebted to all of you contributors who stuck around to continue helping all of us in the midst of this limbo! I really hope they can fix the issue before they loose valuable contributors!

admin

Administrator
May 23, 2006
zardoz said:
The errors are caused by a transparent reverse-proxy possibly collocated at the hosting site. The SMF server sees the IP Address of the proxy(s) and not the actual poster's IP Address. Hence, with a many to few mapping, the clash with other posters is inevitable. And it drives me crazy too...

PS. Check the IP Address in the bottom right corner of your posts. Bet it isn't yours... Mine says 209.18.102.249

PPS. This is also how you can be temporarily IP banned even though you have done nothing wrong. Everybody using that particular proxy server gets banned at the same time.
We are looking into this issue and will repost an update here. We apologize for this technical issue.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
admin said:
We are looking into this issue and will repost an update here. We apologize for this technical issue.
That's great. I get around it by logging into my VPN and refreshing my post, but it's still frustrating!

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
worse is when you wait, try again, it says you already made the post, but when you look the post is not made and it is now gone

admin

Administrator
May 23, 2006
admin said:
The "30 second" message should no longer appear. Let me know if it's still happening.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
zardoz said:

Thanks for explaining this. I was banned a while back, and was greatly offended. I also couldn't figure out why. Now I know.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admin said:
The "30 second" message should no longer appear. Let me know if it's still happening.
Thanks!

I saw this earlier and just posted a reply in another thread, and it `landed'. If this one `lands', I'll be 2 for 2. ;D

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Ponga said:
Thanks!

I saw this earlier and just posted a reply in another thread, and it `landed'. If this one `lands', I'll be 2 for 2. ;D
I've noticed that it hasn't been happening anymore since that post. I've made 3 posts now in a row in under 1 min and they have all "landed" lol. Thanks Ponga for bringing this to their attention as I'm sure it was bothering everybody lol.