+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE: Paranoia during the "wait"

vinvienne

Feb 21, 2013
Nevaeha said:
This is a great thread and I could write a book about my paranoia! +1 to Iay for starting it.

To be honest, I was pretty much an ostrich with my head stuck in the sand about this process until I found this forum and then I became paranoid about EVERYTHING. I was so proud of our application until I started reading the thread about how people put their applications together and all of the supporting documentation they sent in. The size of them scared me the most! All of a sudden the application that I poured my time, energy, heart, and soul into seemed like nothing in comparison to theirs. I beat myself up for a long time that I hadn't found this forum until AFTER I submitted the application.

I can't wait to read what others have to say about this topic! I'm sure I'll be laughing and agreeing with a lot of the posts.
I can really relate to this.. haha lately i've been so paranoid about our application.. but all i can say is.. maybe waiting is too long but when you have strong faith and you pray hard.. then everything will turn out good.. I can say this coz im still waitin' until now. though, i've already sent our passports

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Just attended church this morning, and guess what, the topic is about patience. Oh boy, it's just too hard to be patient during this process.

Patience is very underrated during this agony.

Anyway, sending good vibes to everyone!! :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Iay said:
Just attended church this morning, and guess what, the topic is about patience. Oh boy, it's just too hard to be patient during this process.

Patience is very underrated during this agony.

Anyway, sending good vibes to everyone!! :)
It's funny. The older I get the more and more I am patient. Now it doesn't bug me that things take months or years to sort out. (I would probably feel different about immigration if I couldn't stay in Canada.)

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
amikety said:
It's funny. The older I get the more and more I am patient. Now it doesn't bug me that things take months or years to sort out. (I would probably feel different about immigration if I couldn't stay in Canada.)
You are a lucky lady then.. because this process has made me less patient than I was before and more anxious to "fix" things.

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
That paranoia you feel when you check your Visa office thread and people from the time you filed (may) and people from June are already having their passports requested.
Then my hubby tries to make me feel better, and says to calm down and it's all mostly because of my RCA! I don't know what stresses me the most, that I'm terribly behind from everyone else or that my husband is totally lost and has less idea then I in this process! It's ARC not RCA :(

Today I feel sadder than ever, I can't wait until this is over :-\

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Dani_y28 said:
That paranoia you feel when you check your Visa office thread and people from the time you filed (may) and people from June are already having their passports requested.
Then my hubby tries to make me feel better, and says to calm down and it's all mostly because of my RCA! I don't know what stresses me the most, that I'm terribly behind from everyone else or that my husband is totally lost and has less idea then I in this process! It's ARC not RCA :(

Today I feel sadder than ever, I can't wait until this is over :-\
I can so totally relate, Dani.
I am the sponsor, my husband is the immigrant. I did all the paperwork, do all the phone calls, and have to remind him all the time what steps are involved, how far we are in the process (not very far), what is left to be done.

I am sad, and quite frankly, ashamed at how my own country is treating people who want to immigrate.

In fact, we had a long discussion over the weekend and are seriously considering to withdraw our application and just go back home. Being held hostage here in Canada while we await for the process to be done, made us homesick from United States and realize that it is not worth it. We just can't deal with all this abuse anymore. :-X

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Chickadee said:
In fact, we had a long discussion over the weekend and are seriously considering to withdraw our application and just go back home. Being held hostage here in Canada while we await for the process to be done, made us homesick from United States and realize that it is not worth it. We just can't deal with all this abuse anymore. :-X
You are still well within posted timelines for inland applications, though. That's one of the reasons my partner and I went outland - to shorten the process (and make sure we could appeal if necessary).

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Chickadee said:
I can so totally relate, Dani.
I am the sponsor, my husband is the immigrant. I did all the paperwork, do all the phone calls, and have to remind him all the time what steps are involved, how far we are in the process (not very far), what is left to be done.

I am sad, and quite frankly, ashamed at how my own country is treating people who want to immigrate.

you should see how they treat Mexicans at the Embassy. My partner left in tears. They were very cruel to him ! I too am ashamed how others are treated. 8)

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
gsize said:
you should see how they treat Mexicans at the Embassy. My partner left in tears. They were very cruel to him ! I too am ashamed how others are treated. 8)
That's awful. But at least he has a chance to be accepted. I cannot immigrate to the United States because same-sex marriage is not recognized for immigration purposes. If CIC rejects my partner, we will never live together, period.

Being treated well is a relatively recent phenomenon for people like us... It makes it easier to be patient!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
frankinto said:
That's awful. But at least he has a chance to be accepted. I cannot immigrate to the United States because same-sex marriage is not recognized for immigration purposes. If CIC rejects my partner, we will never live together, period.

Being treated well is a relatively recent phenomenon for people like us... It makes it easier to be patient!
You are so totally right about that. I hope everything goes well for you in Canada.

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Chickadee said:
You are so totally right about that. I hope everything goes well for you in Canada.
Thank you, and good luck to you! :)

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
frankinto said:
You are still well within posted timelines for inland applications, though. That's one of the reasons my partner and I went outland - to shorten the process (and make sure we could appeal if necessary).
The thing is ... they lost our paperwork in November and it took them 6 weeks to resend us the same letter we should have received then, without changing the deadline for the CSQ. We ended up having to write them a letter asking them to push the deadline, while they were the one who screwed up. I am really sick and tired of their antics.

We are lucky enough to have a home in South Carolina; we tried to sell it before we made the big move, but we could not. I am taking this as a sign that it is time to go back where we belong.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
frankinto said:
Thank you, and good luck to you! :)
Thank you. Wish us good luck in finding someone to take over our lease in Montreal, so we can go back living on the beach! 8)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Chickadee said:
The thing is ... they lost our paperwork in November and it took them 6 weeks to resend us the same letter we should have received then, without changing the deadline for the CSQ. We ended up having to write them a letter asking them to push the deadline, while they were the one who screwed up. I am really sick and tired of their antics.

We are lucky enough to have a home in South Carolina; we tried to sell it before we made the big move, but we could not. I am taking this as a sign that it is time to go back where we belong.
South Carolina sounds very tempting this time of year. I haven't had grits in a long time :(

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
frankinto said:

Interesting post. At least your partner can come and go and you can do the same (in theory). We had to meet (and continue to do some) in other countries. He cannot come here (visa) and im too scared to travel to Mexico ! Thank G-d my parents taught me at a young age to invest wisely (RSP etc) This would not be possible otherwise !
There are so many twists and turns !

You need to stay positive ! You will win in the end !!!! 8)

Life is a journey !!!!