+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
ameet747 said:
Hey Guys...I found the following link which might help make clear the logic behind the QA exercise...after clicking the link, scroll down to section 7.6 on page 5 of the pdf file.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf
Correct Section7.6 explain the delay and several other mysteries.

The intention to reside in the nominating province should be reaffirmed in all cases. This is especially important when it is anticipated that a significant time lag may occur between nomination and visa issuance. Officers who have reason to believe that an applicant, whose nomination certificate was issued after September 2, 2008, (all our cases) was nominated on the basis of a passive investment, should proceed to interview the client and/or request additional documentation to satisfy R87(5), (6) and (9) requirements. Most of us will not fall in the R87(5), (6) and (9) ?

Hence the phone calls.

There has been some inaccurate coding of provincial nominees that has had a negative impact on our ability to assess the success of the program. The two most frequent problems are as follows:

 While provinces have different reasons for nominating individuals (some because of occupational skills they possess, some because of their business acumen, some because of their willingness to settle in under-populated regions), all provincial nominees are to be considered members of the provincial nominee class for federal coding purposes. Some officers have in the past erroneously coded provincial nominees with business skills as entrepreneurs or self-employed, for example. The immigration category in CAIPS must be PV2 for all applicants who are being selected at a visa office on the basis of a certificate of nomination by a province.

Hence PV2

 The nominating province should always be accurately coded and this coding must remain unchanged throughout the landing process. There have been many cases where provincial nominees nominated by one province indicate upon landing that they are destined to another province, and Canada Border Services Agency officers have taken it upon themselves to change the province of destination on the file. It has been found that in most of these cases, the new permanent resident is simply visiting friends or family on their way to their new home, and most do end up reporting to and settling in the province that nominated them.

Hence Destination ONTARIO

It still does not answer why 4+ months after the medical received and when the QA will end.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
traxton said:
Why QA only ON PNP applicants then? Don't other provinces' PNP programs also have no-job-offer streams?
Normally QA exercise is done on a sample data; with specific objectives and for a certain duration.
It is also ideal to perform on set that has maximum potential for data quality / process errors.
It is unfortunate that the CEC; FSW; FSW-Pilot; etc candidates got caught in this from July 01.
Hope they conclude QA and start clearing files and issuing PPR+COPR soon.

sohrabshabani

Dec 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
Finally got call from PNP. The guy asked me some questions like what was the date of nomination? Where did you live after graduation and how long? Address and duration) Where did you work? Name of the company and the job title). Is your email still valid?

He said they will send updated data to CIC and hopefully it will speed up the application process.

Paopao599

Jul 29, 2014
sohrabshabani said:
Finally got call from PNP. The guy asked me some questions like what was the date of nomination? Where did you live after graduation and how long? Address and duration) Where did you work? Name of the company and the job title). Is your email still valid?

He said they will send updated data to CIC and hopefully it will speed up the application process.
Hi, what is your timeline? I have two friends that applied sometime on March got the call or email. But I am in the some time frame hasn't got anything yet.

sohrabshabani

Dec 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
Paopao599 said:
Hi, what is your timeline? I have two friends that applied sometime on March got the call or email. But I am in the some time frame hasn't got anything yet.
I am Novemeber 2013 applicant. I applies under PNP from Toronto. Here is my timeline:

Application sent: Novemeber 12, 2013
Received file number: February 09, 2013
Medical request by CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia: February 09, 2013
Medical result received by CIO: February 21
RPRF request by CIO: May 15, 2014
RPRF paied: 21 May 2014

Online application status: Application received, medical received

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
If all of us send a message to Immigration Minister of Ontario we might get some reply from him.
http://www.citizenship.gov.on.ca/english/contact/index.shtml

ananas

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Interview........
N/A RPRF request: 16-04-2015
I keep refreshing the forum constantly in hopes of good news...

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
I have accumulated more than a year of work experience in a qualified occupation in Ontario so I can apply for CEC anytime now. Who knows how long this QA exercise will go on for, and even after it is over, there will be an avalanche of ON PNP PR application backlog that CIC will have to deal with so it might take even longer for them to process my file. However, should I wait for the Express Entry scheme in Jan instead?

(I received my ON PNP cert through the masters grad no-job-offer-stream but I got hired for a perm full-time role a few months after I applied for PNP)...

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
Called O-PNP and the only thing I got to know from them "I am sorry we don't have any information about QA". They did say getting a call from O-PNP has nothing to do with the QA program run by federal government. These calls that O-PNP are making are just on their behalf to see where people are. It's independent of federal QA checks.

I knew processing fee(s) are non refundable but still I asked if I can get my fee back as I am not going to waste my time in a program whose statement is based on a lie "Faster processing" I told them I am going to apply in FSW because I have more than enough points to be processed but this "Faster processing" marketing ad by O-PNP deceived me.

Her only reply was "I am sorry we don't have any information about QA"

hawkua

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Wow, that does not sound good. It means that OPNP is worried about what federal CIC will find during the QA and OPNP is decided to gather information on their own... Now it looks like there might be a fight between CIC and OPNP and we are caught in the crossfire. I still hope that QA will end soon...

hime said:
Called O-PNP and the only thing I got to know from them "I am sorry we don't have any information about QA". They did say getting a call from O-PNP has nothing to do with the QA program run by federal government. These calls that O-PNP are making are just on their behalf to see where people are. It's independent of federal QA checks.

I knew processing fee(s) are non refundable but still I asked if I can get my fee back as I am not going to waste my time in a program which statement is based on a lie "Faster processing" I told them I am going to apply in FSW because I have more than enough points to be processed but this "Faster processing" marketing ad by O-PNP deceived me.

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
hawkua said:
Wow, that does not sound good. It means that OPNP is worried about what federal CIC will find during the QA and OPNP is decided to gather information on their own... Now it looks like there might be a fight between CIC and OPNP and we are caught in the crossfire. I still hope that QA will end soon...
I am amazed that why they don't share any information with us?

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
hime said:

I knew processing fee(s) are non refundable but still I asked if I can get my fee back as I am not going to waste my time in a program whose statement is based on a lie "Faster processing" I told them I am going to apply in FSW because I have more than enough points to be processed but this "Faster processing" marketing ad by O-PNP deceived me.

I don't think that opnp is unaware of QA process because the people who got call/email from opnp haven't got email from CIC for additional documents.. They know what's going on, n on files its written destination Ontario review n those people are getting calls

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
taurus1985 said:
I don't think that opnp is unaware of QA process because the people who got call/email from opnp haven't got email from CIC for additional documents.. They know what's going on, n on files its written destination Ontario review n those people are getting calls
You can call and confirm with O-PNP. But she made it fully clear it has nothing to do with Federal QA Checks.