+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
gambler_2006 said:
Thats what i am saying bro that they can do whatever they want. What can you do?? Officially they have to give file numbers withinn two months of applying, this is on their web site but this didnt happen. Were you able to do anything??
No one can do anything even if they cic stops accepting new immigrants to ontario!!!
You can see from the fact that although CIC is not providing file numbers to applicants still many of them are still applying for pnp!!!. So it does not matter what is stated. All that matters is what they decide at that time
I warned my friends not to go for PNP but they did. They are happy that they got their PNP certificate and think they are PR already . People will still apply even if the money goes to 3000$

shadash

Aug 7, 2014
It is going to be more than 4 months since they started QA program, is there any body here with any news? are they going to do anything about our cases or we are going to be added to those files which will take for ever? :mad:, for my case it is getting to 17 month of processing they have said on their webpage
Can I ask for expediting my case for this reason? they are beyond their own limitations

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
shadash said:
It is going to be more than 4 months since they started QA program, is there any body here with any news? are they going to do anything about our cases or we are going to be added to those files which will take for ever? :mad:, for my case it is getting to 17 month of processing they have said on their webpage
Can I ask for expediting my case for this reason? they are beyond their own limitations
My friend got his PR in 18 months under PNP but last year. Now due to QA delay you can imagine. Message them. I'm assuming we will hear something by end of this month.

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
Share your timeline please

shadash said:

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
Why dont people understand!! PNP certificate is nothing just a piece of paper with a signature at the end. even on the certificate it is writen that this paper does not gurantee PR, final decision would be from federal.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I applied for ON PNP because they mentioned on their website that this program would take shorter time than FSW. So I trusted them. I came to know this QA exercise too late and hence, I missed my opportunity for FSW this year even though I was qualified for the program. A friend of mine applied for FSW on May 2, 2014 and got PR by end of August. I am regretful for my stupidity. Trusting them can kill you in many ways. I am preparing myself for CEC this year and Express entry next year.

ananas

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Interview........
N/A RPRF request: 16-04-2015
karenv said:
I applied for ON PNP because they mentioned on their website that this program would take shorter time than FSW. So I trusted them. I came to know this QA exercise too late and hence, I missed my opportunity for FSW this year even though I was qualified for the program. A friend of mine applied for FSW on May 2, 2014 and got PR by end of August. I am regretful for my stupidity. Trusting them can kill you in many ways. I am preparing myself for CEC this year and Express entry next year.
I have heard cases in where CEC was processed in 10 months... And here I am 18 months later and still no AoR. If there's no movement by end of the year, I am applying through CEC, and bye bye $2000+

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
gambler_2006 said:
Why dont people understand!! PNP certificate is nothing just a piece of paper with a signature at the end. even on the certificate it is writen that this paper does not gurantee PR, final decision would be from federal.
Because they thought when they applied, things will speed up. They are the lucky ones.

While looking at the whole economic pic of Canada, a lot of economists warned that the whole Canadian economy will enter into recession.

You can check their data for ontario monthly unemployment rate, it is rocking high to 7.5%. Thousands of Canadians will lose job, which leads to a great pressure on the govt's policy on immigration. The government may have to reduce and restrain the number of new PRs. The logic is simple. When we native ppl are without jobs, why we should pay for newbies' welfare.

Man, my supervisor offered me some opportunities for post doc at states. I really want to go and I can't because of this PR thing.

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
moonbow2010 said:
Because they thought when they applied, things will speed up. They are the lucky ones.

While looking at the whole economic pic of Canada, a lot of economists warned that the whole Canadian economy will enter into recession.

You can check their data for monthly unemployment rate, it is rocking high to 8.8%. Thousands of Canadians will lose job, which leads to a great pressure on the govt's policy on immigration. The government may have to reduce and restrain the number of new PRs. The logic is simple. When we native ppl are without jobs, why we should pay for newbies' welfare.

Man, my supervisor offered me some opportunities for post doc at states. I really want to go and I can't because of this PR thing.
The unemployment rate is 7.0%, not 8.8%...very much comparable with rest of the developed industrialized economies.
Canadian economy is NOT heading for a recession. Recession is defined as 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth. Canada didn't go into recession even during the financial crisis of 2008.

I guess what I am saying is I understand your frustration (after all I am also an OPNP nominee), but that doesn't mean any of us should consciously spread wrong/incorrect information here on this forum.
Wish you all the luck. Peace

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
ameet747 said:
The unemployment rate is 7.0%, not 8.8%...very much comparable with rest of the developed industrialized economies.
Canadian economy is NOT heading for a recession. Recession is defined as 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth. Canada didn't go into recession even during the financial crisis of 2008.

I guess what I am saying is I understand your frustration (after all I am also an OPNP nominee), but that doesn't mean any of us should consciously spread wrong/incorrect information here on this forum.
Wish you all the luck. Peace
Thanks for correcting my mistake.

But for ontario, the monthly unemployment rate is 7.5%. For youth, it is 15.8%.

All of us are preparing for the worst. Well, a life after getting PR is not that wonderful either.

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
moonbow2010 said:
Thanks for correcting my mistake.

But for ontario, the monthly unemployment rate is 7.5%. For youth, it is 15.8%.

All of us are preparing for the worst. Well, a life after getting PR is not that wonderful either.
i totally agree

kaka188

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Wooow guys when will we get some news its been so long.... Any one got a response after verification.

shadash

Aug 7, 2014
My friends have applied through PHD stream and CEC and other classes all of them have received they PR, I am still waiting although I applied earlier than them. I do not think it is related to economy if it was then all of these people should not get PR, it is related to something in PNP class, but I do not understand why QA has taken more than 4 months now??!!
there are no ways they can refuse anybody in this category since the only requirement is being graduated from an Ontario institute!! but it seems that CIC does not like this class since it has minimum requirements and they are not willing to issue PR because overall they think this class is not as useful of CEC for Canada's economy but at the end since CIC is the main authorization here I am afraid they either delay us to infinity or refuse us for nonsense reasons and then close PNP :'(

kaka188

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Woow Shadash I don't think they will refuse our PR applications. I don't see an issue unless they selected our PR applications because they had problems. If so I think they would have been refused before the medical stage. I think and pray that it will be fine.